Lh & fsh

Buy Lab Tests Online

modawg2k

I didn't get LH or FSH before starting TRT. Is that something I should still look into getting tested 2 months into treatment?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Thanks. So how important is it to determine cause of hypogonadism.
It helps guide treatment. LH and FSH are always included in the initial workup because, depending on the patient's age (and other factors such as SHBG levels), it might be possible to initiate a restart protocol. It can point the patient and doctor in other directions, possibly a deep look at cortisol and an even deeper look at thyroid function in the case of secondary hypogonadism.

Your levels were never checked? What about the rest of the standard, and important, tests? The multiple thyroid, PSA, DHT, SHBG, and DHEA queries; they were run? I know you've posted in the past, but not the specifics of the situation. Thanks.

Last edited:

modawg2k

Your levels were never checked? What about the rest of the standard, and important, tests? the multiple thyroid, PSA, DHT, SHBG, and DHEA queries; they were run? I know you've posted in the past, but not the specifics of the situation. Thanks.

Sadly no, my doctor's office just looked at Total T. I was 259 2 months ago before starting, and 701 on my labs this week. I've never had Free T, or any of those other valued tested. I had TSH drawn 2 months ago at 3.69. I am going in today for a follow up and I am bringing up all these labs, plus I really want to dive deeper into thyroid.

My main complaints for the past few years are low energy, dry mouth, dry eyes (eyes stick shut every night during sleep), generalized pain all over my body that seems to come and go, no libido, anxiety and mood swings. I've been experiencing a lot of hot flashes lately too. Plus, I have just been feeling like complete crap the past few weeks with some of these issue being even more pronounced (mood, pain, weight gain, etc)

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Sadly no, my doctor's office just looked at Total T. I was 259 2 months ago before starting, and 701 on my labs this week. I've never had Free T, or any of those other valued tested. I had TSH drawn 2 months ago at 3.69. I am going in today for a follow up and I am bringing up all these labs, plus I really want to dive deeper into thyroid.

My main complaints for the past few years are low energy, dry mouth, dry eyes (eyes stick shut every night during sleep), generalized pain all over my body that seems to come and go, no libido, anxiety and mood swings. I've been experiencing a lot of hot flashes lately too. Plus, I have just been feeling like complete crap the past few weeks with some of these issue being even more pronounced (mood, pain, weight gain, etc)
I understand how difficult it is to find a doctor who understands the ins and outs, the ups and downs, of helping a patient manage a TRT protocol. I spent a year in the wilderness before things were sorted out. That said, you have received very poor care. The failure to run a basic diagnostic set of labs...you were let down. I certainly hope things improve, but it won't surprise me if you're still disappointed after your follow-up. You may wish to consider a new doctor...keep us posted.

Man you've got one lousy doctor there modawg2k. Ask me how I know, I've been down your road.

Here are two clue: "and 701 on my labs this week." then you say, " I have just been feeling like complete crap the past few weeks with some of these issue being even more pronounced (mood, pain, weight gain, etc)"

You really should go get a real blood test. This one:
https://www.discountedlabs.com/panel-cbc-cmp-tt-ft-lipids-prolactin-and-shbg
My
PCP did the same thing to me. You are going to find your E2 and prolactin will be off the chart.
Probably something like this: This was T only. I was feeling like crap, crying at the drop of a hat and growing man boobs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me