5 year T study shows improvements in lipids, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels

Buy Lab Tests Online
A new observational study following men with hypogonadism taking testosterone for 5 years — the longest treatment duration to date — showed improvements in lipids, blood pressure, and blood glucose levels, thereby ameliorating a number of components of the metabolic syndrome.

"Men with hypogonadism, or testosterone deficiency, do get reasonable benefit from testosterone treatment, in a very subtle way," lead author Adulmaged M Traish, PhD, from Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts, told Medscape Medical News. "They lose a bit of weight, it reduces hyperglycemia and insulin resistance, and, although it was a surprise to me, testosterone certainly normalizes the lipid profile."

The long duration of this new trial strengthens the findings, said Dr. Traish. "If this were a 3-week or 6-week observational study, I would have my personal doubts, but once you pass the third or fourth year and it stays consistent, it's beginning to tell us that there is something obviously there."

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anabaptist

I must be the exception. I have only gained weight after 5 years total and 1 year with Defy medical. I still keep trying to find an in network doc to take over the therapy, but I keep searching in vain. I will soon be entering my 3rd year with an out of network doctor. My weight has gone from 167 to 187. Blood pressure is harder to control. Total Cholesterol has gone from low to high normal. Does HCG cause a rise in blood pressure ?

Nashtide

I've been on TRT for a little over two years. My lipid profile has definitely improved. Now this could be due to losing 30lbs. Eating much healthier and getting more exercise. My blood sugar is also improved, but again I'm not sure if this is due to lifestyle changes or TRT or both. I've had blood pressure issues since I was in my 30's (now 56) and I haven't really noticed any decrease in my numbers. I'm very well controlled on meds.

blackebob

I must be the exception. I have only gained weight after 5 years total and 1 year with Defy medical. I still keep trying to find an in network doc to take over the therapy, but I keep searching in vain. I will soon be entering my 3rd year with an out of network doctor. My weight has gone from 167 to 187. Blood pressure is harder to control. Total Cholesterol has gone from low to high normal. Does HCG cause a rise in blood pressure ?

I just started Hcg and T shot in January. I quit taking the hcg mid March as I was bloated and had elevated BP. My BP has come down, and I have lost the bloat. When I have been on this T shot for a couple more months I will try it again.

The only way to tell is for you to come off of it for awhile.

Saul

Now this could be due to losing 30lbs. Eating much healthier and getting more exercise. My blood sugar is also improved, but again I'm not sure if this is due to lifestyle changes or TRT or both.

In my opinion, this is at least half the reason. TRT gives me the energy and motivation to work out and eat better, which in turn leads to further improvements.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me