Metformin side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

jasinc81

I have been on 1500mg of Metformin SR daily for over a month now. I added it to my TRT protocol because I have had issues with insulin resistance and bloating/weight gain when eating carbs. I currently take a 500mg capsule halfway through my meals (9am, 2pm, 8pm) with a large glass of water. About 30-45 minutes later, I noticed I have uncontrollable cravings for carbs/sugar and cannot seem to reach satiety. Also, I have been retaining water and gaining weight (probably due to the overeating and potentially the test gel I am on). I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this, or whether I should change my dosage/timing. Any insight is appreciated...thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Leesto

I have been on 2000 mg per day (2X 1000) and have never had any of the symptoms you listed. For me, cravings are tied to carb consumption rather than medication. That's why I try not to consume them. It will be interesting to hear what others have to say about the side effects you mentioned.

Matt Leiser

I am not on metformin but agree on the statement regarding the cravings being tied to consumption. That used to happen to me constantly. Have you tried eliminating the carbs and increasing the fat? I find that the fat consumption is what satisfies my hunger and eliminates my cravings.

Guided_by_Voices

I am on a lower dose of metformin which I only take right before meals with a meaningful amount of carbs (which is typically only one meal per day) but I was “fat adapted” before I started and thankfully it doesn’t give me cravings. It sounds like your body is shifted toward sugar-burning and when the metformin reduces the sugar output from your liver you get the cravings. I would get yourself thoroughly fat-adapted (about which much has been written elsewhere) via an 8 hour or so feeding window and shifting your diet toward healthy (non-vegetable oil) fats, at least until the cravings go away.

Vince

Super Moderator
I take 1500 mg of Metformin SR, divided in two 750 mg doses, after breakfast and dinner. I never had any food craving or others issues except having to increase my B12 supplement. Metformin can lower your levels of B12 and it did lower my levels.

jasinc81

Thanks for all the comments. I eat moderate carbs (around 100-130g daily) and only noticed these cravings once I started Metformin. I have been on Keto (fully fat adapted) off and on for the past 2 years, with IF and multi-day fasts. I went back to SAD (3 months ago) and kept my carbs clean and generally time them around workouts. I also stopped IF and keto because I have severe metabolic damage from all the calorie restriction and fasting. My RMR registered around 1500 cals a day, which is very low for my size and age (200 lbs ~12-15% BF). I may try doing 750mg twice a day and see if that helps. Also, is the SR variety common, or do others see better results with the XR? I'm also not currently taking HCG, but have heard that also helps with curbing appetite? Thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks again...

I have been on 1500mg of Metformin SR daily for over a month now. I added it to my TRT protocol because I have had issues with insulin resistance and bloating/weight gain when eating carbs. I currently take a 500mg capsule halfway through my meals (9am, 2pm, 8pm) with a large glass of water. About 30-45 minutes later, I noticed I have uncontrollable cravings for carbs/sugar and cannot seem to reach satiety. Also, I have been retaining water and gaining weight (probably due to the overeating and potentially the test gel I am on). I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this, or whether I should change my dosage/timing. Any insight is appreciated...thanks!

Did you watch Nelsons latest video on Metormin? He takes it maybe he will chime in. It's a bit long might want to make a cup of tea.

https://youtu.be/hLNYqyKpHWs

hth

I have severe metabolic damage from all the calorie restriction and fasting.
I had no idea one could hurt themselves fasting.

jasinc81

Did you watch Nelsons latest video on Metormin? He takes it maybe he will chime in. It's a bit long might want to make a cup of tea.

https://youtu.be/hLNYqyKpHWs

hth

I had no idea one could hurt themselves fasting.

I haven't watched it, but that sounds like something that would be suited for my 4 hour drive tomorrow morning. I'll check it out.

I wasn't aware of fasting/calorie restriction causing metabolic damage, but over the past 2 years my RMR has dropped significantly. I'm not sure if it was related to keto/fasting, but I was doing 20/4 IF every day and working out fasted. I have since broken up my meals more, added carbs at breakfast and lunch, and tried to eat at maintenance. Three months in and I feel a little better, but still have a ways to go.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
My appetite went down on Metformin. I lost 7 pounds and some of my muscle pump at the gym. Bloating improved dramatically. Stopped it after two months due to fatigue. I was taking 500 mg twice per day.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You no longer tske metformin?

I no longer take Metformin.

Thinking about trying this formulation to see if I avoid the muscle loss:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones