Prostate infection

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gamnc

I had my first prostate infection this month. I was told it is one of those those things that comes with age. My treatment put me on several drugs with the main one being an antibiotic I take for 45 days. I am now feeling better and have wondered if I still need antibiotics is it safe for my wife and I to have sex, or do I need a condom? My infection also included a bladder infection as well as passing a kidney stone which hurt like nothing I ever experienced. Seems like that end of my body wanted to get it all done at once. They will do a scope and xray study next week and said my PSA which is in the 1 to 2 range normally will take a few months to drop back to normal. It jumped to 22, and after 13 days on the drug had dropped to 19.
Any others had this problem and how did they handle getting back to a normal sex life?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

hotdog

For me it has been a drag. 56 day course of antibiotics cleared it at start of year. Came back recently but almost gone now. To your first question, Gardnerella Vaginitis can cause chronic prostatitis and to address that requires a concerted effort.

Gamnc

Thanks for the reply. I worry more about her than my getting something from her. Cultures have come back negative this week but I think it may be best to play it safe.

I had my first prostate infection this month. I was told it is one of those those things that comes with age. My treatment put me on several drugs with the main one being an antibiotic I take for 45 days. I am now feeling better and have wondered if I still need antibiotics is it safe for my wife and I to have sex, or do I need a condom? My infection also included a bladder infection as well as passing a kidney stone which hurt like nothing I ever experienced. Seems like that end of my body wanted to get it all done at once. They will do a scope and xray study next week and said my PSA which is in the 1 to 2 range normally will take a few months to drop back to normal. It jumped to 22, and after 13 days on the drug had dropped to 19.
Any others had this problem and how did they handle getting back to a normal sex life?

It's about time someone on here posted with a little sense of humor. Thank you for that.

IMO I'd keep taking those antibiotic for the full 45 days. You don't want to creat some super bug that can tolerate the antibiotics. Did your doctor say you were contagious? If so well you know the answer.

As someone who had many kidney stone 10 years ago let me offer what worked for me. I am stone free now for ten years. Give these videos a watch on Apple cider vineger with mother tonics.
The science:

https://youtu.be/XeHl5Y7m1xM

2 great recipes

https://youtu.be/JnV6RDZSrsg

hth

Gamnc

I plan to keep taking the antibiotic for the 45 days. The doctor did not say I was contagious, and did say my last culture came back clear. I see him again next week and will ask. Have read a lot on the vinegar drinks and when off the antibiotics will try it. If it will prevent another stone will drink it straight.

OMI100

Yeppers... I have SOMETHING going on also.
Long story short:
1. PSA creeping up past 4.
2. URO wanted to do a biopsy.
3. No way ...
4. URO did 4K test and good results.
5. PSA kept on going up to 8.
6. URO wanted to do a biopsy.
7. No way....
8. Did a 3T-MP-MRI of the prostate.
9. Nothing jumped out and it was PIRAD 2. PIRAD 1 is nothing at all. Nothing detectable at that time.
10. In between all of this I was on different antibiotics.
11. Tracked down my old URO and went to see hm.
12. I was on week 7 of 2 months on CIPRO.
13. I ordered a bunch of PSA test on my own and when I was on some antibiotics PSA went down.
14. My old URO was hedging toward the biopsy.
15. Last thing he did was the obligatory DRI... OUCH!!!!
16. It was like a T.V. travel monologue ... O.K. lower right feels O.K. .... O.K. lower top feels O.K. ...... All the way to the top. Did say I was textbook case of BPH :)
17. After the DRI I had some discharge on the tip. "Don't whip it off....." Searching for a glass slide, and away he went to a microscope somewhere, like a little kid with a new toy....
18. "Hmmmm... something going on in your prostate." I think he said pus or something like that. Was not talking biopsy at least:)
19. "Lets change antibiotics to BACTRM 500mg twice a day for 2 months."
20. I had ran a PSA 2 weeks prior ( after about 6 weeks on CIPRO) and was heading south slowly. (6.1)
21. Did a PSA test about a week after starting the BACTRIM and it was 7.9.
22. I will do another PSA test before I see him in a few weeks.
23. To Be Continued :)

As per the antibiotics, my TRT DOC is a retired A.F. DOC. Like the insurance company... Seen a lot.... Knows a lot....
He indicates that prostate infections can be hard to get under control. Something about the makeup of the gland and it takes a loooooooooooong time for any antibiotics in the blood to reach all the nooks and crannies. If you don't get ALL the bacteria killed off you end up with a recurring infection.... Says some folks end up on a maintenance dose of Doxy to keep from getting reinfected. BTW he also says 30 to 60 days on initial treatment.... So I would keep taking all your antibiotics till all gone.

captain

Yeppers... I have SOMETHING going on also.
Long story short:
1. PSA creeping up past 4.
2. URO wanted to do a biopsy.
3. No way ...
4. URO did 4K test and good results.
5. PSA kept on going up to 8.
6. URO wanted to do a biopsy.
7. No way....
8. Did a 3T-MP-MRI of the prostate.
9. Nothing jumped out and it was PIRAD 2. PIRAD 1 is nothing at all. Nothing detectable at that time.
10. In between all of this I was on different antibiotics.
11. Tracked down my old URO and went to see hm.
12. I was on week 7 of 2 months on CIPRO.
13. I ordered a bunch of PSA test on my own and when I was on some antibiotics PSA went down.
14. My old URO was hedging toward the biopsy.
15. Last thing he did was the obligatory DRI... OUCH!!!!
16. It was like a T.V. travel monologue ... O.K. lower right feels O.K. .... O.K. lower top feels O.K. ...... All the way to the top. Did say I was textbook case of BPH :)
17. After the DRI I had some discharge on the tip. "Don't whip it off....." Searching for a glass slide, and away he went to a microscope somewhere, like a little kid with a new toy....
18. "Hmmmm... something going on in your prostate." I think he said pus or something like that. Was not talking biopsy at least:)
19. "Lets change antibiotics to BACTRM 500mg twice a day for 2 months."
20. I had ran a PSA 2 weeks prior ( after about 6 weeks on CIPRO) and was heading south slowly. (6.1)
21. Did a PSA test about a week after starting the BACTRIM and it was 7.9.
22. I will do another PSA test before I see him in a few weeks.
23. To Be Continued :)

As per the antibiotics, my TRT DOC is a retired A.F. DOC. Like the insurance company... Seen a lot.... Knows a lot....
He indicates that prostate infections can be hard to get under control. Something about the makeup of the gland and it takes a loooooooooooong time for any antibiotics in the blood to reach all the nooks and crannies. If you don't get ALL the bacteria killed off you end up with a recurring infection.... Says some folks end up on a maintenance dose of Doxy to keep from getting reinfected. BTW he also says 30 to 60 days on initial treatment.... So I would keep taking all your antibiotics till all gone.

I have seen this before and the URO said an infection or not your PSA shouldn't be that high. You should be thinking about that biopsy so you can get a plan on how you are going to treat it. What you need to do depends on your age. The person that had this done the same as you had the digital exam and they didn't feel any problems either and had the PSA like yours. His biopsy was positive and he had cryosurgery after. His PSA was back up again in 5 years. He passed away shortly after. If he done nothing he probably would have lived the same amount of time.

OMI100

Appreciate your concern.
The 3T-MP-MRI of the prostate (I think a fairly new procedure) did not show any areas of interest.
At this point I can always get another (MRI) done if my PSA does not stabilize.
As I understand it the standard biopsy is a "hit or miss" deal.
If you have a 3T-MP-MRI that shows areas of concern, that is merged with the device that does the biopsy so that the DR can guide the needles to the areas of concern getting a much more accurate sample. At least that is how I understand it.
There is also a "LIVE" method where the biopsy is done at the same time you are getting an MRI. Much more accurate than merging the MRI scan with the device later.
I am keeping close ck on my PSA number, and if it skyrockets I will get more concerned and active.
More to follow....

captain

The person I knew that had cancer had a PSA range of 6-9. I don't recommend the cryosurgery if it comes to that. After it was all over we learned that radiation would have probably been the best and could have been done in 3 treatments. It depends on the size of the prostate. The other thing I think you could look at is it may be a fungal infection and antibiotics will do nothing for it. I recall that antibiotics can make fungal infections worse.

OMI100

UPDATE#24
Here are recent PSA numbers and antibiotics:
8/14/17 - 7.7 - CIPRO
8/29/17 - 7.1 - CIPRO
9/26/17 - 6.1 - CIPRO
10/02/17 - STARTED ON BACTRIM
10/11/17 - 7.9 - BACTRIM
11/02/17 - STARTED ON DOXYCYCLINE
11/16/17 - 5.4 - DOXYCYCLINE
So CIPRO was just slowing it down and BACTRIM was doing nothing.
DOXY was kicking its ass....

I saw my URO on 11/02/17 and I pointed out that way back in March when my PSA was 8.1, and I had seen my TRT THYROID DOC who gave me 30 days of Doxy as I had a past history of prostate infections and my symptoms at the time pointed to another prostate infection, that it had brought the PSA down to 5.2 with no symptoms of infection. I said "lets give Doxy a try again" and he agreed.
I will test again in a few weeks and see if the PSA is still heading south.
I will most likely run the Doxy for 60 days and see where I end up.
Most likely I am one of the guys that will continue to have a recurring prostate infection based on my past history....
BTW Gamnc I have also had a kidney stone attack.... NOT FUN.... Long story short.... On a Saturday... Feeling funny.... Lower back right side started to hurt... Got worse... Went to a Saturday Dr. .... Here pee in this cup.... Looked like cherry cool aid and it was reeeealy starting to hurt.... "You need to go to the ER RIGHT NOW!!!..." In my car I went.... Full speed .... No stopping for no stinkin' stop lights or worrying about the speed limit.... Thankfully the ER was only a about 5 blocks away but I made it in record time..... Got to spend the night in the hospital and at some point I passed the stone and pain started to recede. Lucky that I passed it as the other option was not what I wanted. I am still passing small stones today. I can get the achy pain in the lower back for a number of days and I am trying to think if I pulled a muscle or what the hell I did to it, but if I pee even a littlie blood I know what is going on again. I have only had that ONE REEEEALY BAD attack and don't want another. The small ones are enough...

Orrin have you ever tried the apple cidar vinegar tonic? If you take this tonic 3 times a day it is suppose to change your bloods PH enough to help dissolve calcium deposites all over your body.
Reducing calcium and increasing magnesium is another thing worth trying. Many get way too much calcium and not enough magnesium and you should have a ration of 1:1 to 2:1 so if you're getting say 800 mg calcium, you'd need 400 – 800 mg magnesium. Just because you might take a magnesium supplement it does not mean your body will adsorb it. I've read you should always take mag with C the acid in C will break down the mag somehow and your body will use it.

hth

Gamnc

I try to keep up with CA and MG intake. After my first round of antibiotics I had a 2nd infection not related to the prostate. Was put on a triple dose of another antibiotic to treat a steep infection in my eye. I think it was due to killing off my good bacteria. I am also taking a double dose of probiotics now. Seems to he'll the digestive process on antibiotics. I have two more weeks till my next blood work.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me