Sub Q Injections - Belly Fat not so good?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Saul

I switched over to SQ injections about 1 month ago and split my dose to E3D. Was reading a long thread on another site and the conclusion was that abdominal SQ injections were not as effective (yielding a lower Test BW values for a given dose compared to IM) if one had a lot of belly fat. And that better locations for injections are available, such as either sticking with IM or using SQ only in low fat areas such as the thigh (which seem more like shallow IM to me).
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this, namely less effective TRT if injecting into belly fat? If allowed I can provide a link to the thread.
I don't have numbers yet for myself - I will probably do some basic blood work in 2 more weeks and stick with this protocol until then. I had been feeling a bit less great and was wondering if my T levels are dropping. I prefer to go by the numbers from BW though. Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HamburgerChef

I tried SQ for about 2 weeks and it made me feel worse so I switched back to IM. But in my case I have yet to reach a theraputic range of T. Perhaps someone else would have labs to back it up.

ERO

Easy fix - inject into your shoulders instead. For 95% of guys there is no difference between IM and SubQ in terms of T levels or overall effectiveness.

Saul

My focus was not about weekly verses EOD or E3D, or sub q verses IM, but whether injecting into belly fat (when you are not super lean) was causing lower T values in the blood work. I agree, that more frequent injections are better.
This is the thread.
http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...on-between-100mg-test-sub-q-im-labwork-4.html
It is a long thread of posts but the conclusion was that injecting into belly fat for people with more belly fat (not sure how much) was yielding lower T values in the blood work. I think the conclusion was to inject IM (shallow or deep) or Sub Q where you have little fat (starts to sound like shallow IM). I don't know one way or the other but wanted to other opinions. I will go for blood work in a week or two and will know how my abdominal SQ injections are working for me. (Background - I have been on TRT for 5 months total, the last 4 week E3D SQ in abdominal fat).
If true, I agree there are easy solutions.
Thanks.

madman

Super Moderator
My focus was not about weekly verses EOD or E3D, or sub q verses IM, but whether injecting into belly fat (when you are not super lean) was causing lower T values in the blood work. I agree, that more frequent injections are better.
This is the thread.
http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...on-between-100mg-test-sub-q-im-labwork-4.html
It is a long thread of posts but the conclusion was that injecting into belly fat for people with more belly fat (not sure how much) was yielding lower T values in the blood work. I think the conclusion was to inject IM (shallow or deep) or Sub Q where you have little fat (starts to sound like shallow IM). I don't know one way or the other but wanted to other opinions. I will go for blood work in a week or two and will know how my abdominal SQ injections are working for me. (Background - I have been on TRT for 5 months total, the last 4 week E3D SQ in abdominal fat).
If true, I agree there are easy solutions.
Thanks.

Sub-q is sub-q-injecting into adipose tissue regardless of how much body fat at site of injection. Amount of body fat should have no merit on absorption of testosterone.

Vince

Super Moderator
I wonder how injecting in the ventorgluteal site would work for you, it's my favorite place to inject. I use a Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe for a shallow IM, it did take some practice and time to get comfortable injecting there.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?7671-Best-Injection-site-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves

Saul

I wonder how injecting in the ventorgluteal site would work for you, it's my favorite place to inject. I use a Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe for a shallow IM, it did take some practice and time to get comfortable injecting there.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?7671-Best-Injection-site-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves

I will give that a try - seems like a good spot, or into thigh. But I will stick with injecting in the abdomen for another week or so and then get labs so I have some numbers with only abdomen injections for about 6 weeks at a fixed dose. Still feeling down, but it could be allergies, not sleeping well, maybe fighting a cold or a few stressors in my life right now. Could be many other things besides a T issue.

Saul

Sub-q is sub-q-injecting into adipose tissue regardless of how much body fat at site of injection. Amount of body fat should have no merit on absorption of testosterone.

I have limited knowledge on the subject nonetheless, I would agree with you. You know more about it than me. The other forum posts suggested otherwise so I raised the question.

ZoomyR6

I will give that a try - seems like a good spot, or into thigh. But I will stick with injecting in the abdomen for another week or so and then get labs so I have some numbers with only abdomen injections for about 6 weeks at a fixed dose. Still feeling down, but it could be allergies, not sleeping well, maybe fighting a cold or a few stressors in my life right now. Could be many other things besides a T issue.
Please please please don't forget to post the results. I am eager to see the outcome to this as well!

Saul

Please please please don't forget to post the results. I am eager to see the outcome to this as well!

I will. BTW, I am feeling better, so might have been allergies or a low grade cold, or poor sleep. I recognize that many things in life can make me feel off beside a TRT issue.

Vince

Super Moderator
Best Injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...n-site-no-aspiration-needed-avoids-all-nerves

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me