My Experience Repairing My Torn Biceps Tendon

Buy Lab Tests Online

ScottM

Hey Gang,

Last Saturday while playing social sports (football) I suffered a distal Biceps tendon rupture (complete). I will be undergoing surgery on Friday the 20th (13 days post injury) for an open biceps tendon repair.

For those interested. I will attempt to check in here periodically and do status updates around which products, medicines, and peptides I am using for recovery. As well as PT regimen, gym regimen, and other updates. Reports will likely be infrequent as first due to recovery, but I will do my best.

From Telthera I will likely use basic TRT c HCG as well as begin a sermoralin regimen.

Outside of Telthera I am researching several peptides:

BPC157
TB500
GHRP-2, CJC s DAC combo.

In addition I will likely use animal pak as a high power MVE and animal flex for repair/support vitamins.

Thanks,
Scott
Telthera

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I know a few men that tore their bicep, two that didn't get them repaired. One guy tore one bicep and then a month later he tore the other one. It sure looked funny, like a Popeye muscle. I definitely would get mine fixed.

Subscribing
Sorry to hear about the muscle Scott.
Is Telthera going to put you on a sermoralin regimen to repair a distal Biceps tendon rupture post surgery?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Good luck Scott! Patience in recovery!

TRT plus any peptide combo (most peptides work better in synergy) or nandrolone are popular in those who can access them and get the real thing.

Here is an interesting paper. Others show that GH has no effect on tendon healing, though.

Acceleration of wound healing by growth hormone-releasing hormone and its agonists

Also, some super conservative info from (Source: Tendonpain.org)

"Nutritional Supplements and Diet/Body Weight/Blood Sugar

Basic good nutrition is advisable in order to give your body the best chance to heal, but not much scientific research has been done to investigate the effects of specific nutritional supplements on the healing of tendinopathy. If you are overweight and/or have diabetes, your tendons may improve by losing weight and improving your blood sugar; recent studies have shown a correlation between diabetes and tendinopathy.

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) stimulates Type I collagen synthesis when used in cultures of healthy fibroblast cells. However, when ascorbic acid was added to cells from carpal tunnel syndrome patients, it did not stimulate the normal amount of Type I collagen, and the small amount of Type I collagen that was produced had an abnormally high alpha2(I) to alpha1(I) ratio.[1] Adding vitamin C to the injured cells simply made them produce more abnormal collagen, not normal collagen.

Although glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate can be very helpful for osteoarthritis, they are not likely to help tendinosis. Based on the comments I've seen online, most people who have tried glucosamine for tendinosis haven't noticed any improvement. This is not surprising because tendinosis and osteoarthritis are quite different. Osteoarthritis causes a decrease in collagen, proteoglycans, and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) in cartilage. Tendinosis causes a decrease in collagen in the injured tendon, but it actually causes an increase in proteoglycans and GAGs, such as chondroitin sulfate and hyaluronan.[7,8,13,18,40] Gluscosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate help build proteoglycans; since the levels of GAGs and proteoglycans are already abnormally high in tendinosis, you wouldn't expect oral supplementation of glucosamine and chondroitin to help.

Some supplements are sold with the claim that they will raise growth hormone levels and therefore help heal all sorts of problems, including chronic tendon injuries. Even if these supplements could raise growth hormone levels (which is unproven), the higher growth hormone might just stimulate more abnormal collagen rather than normal collagen (since that was the effect of adding growth factors to cells from carpal tunnel syndrome patients).[1]

Other supplements that claim to help heal tendons and ligaments contain the amino acids glycine, lysine, and proline. This idea seems logical since those three amino acids are very abundant in tendon and ligament collagen. However, the problem again is that merely throwing more collagen ingredients at the injured tenocyte cells probably won't change their behavior of making abnormal collagen. You should be sure to get enough protein in your diet so you're not outright deficient in amino acids, but there's no evidence to suggest that extra amino acids can cure tendinosis."

Last edited:

Guided_by_Voices

A couple of thoughts…

You might want to include DMSO. It has been very helpful for me and I have friends who healed chronic tendon issues with it alone, so it might well help recovery.

Also, it is understandable to initially focus on the tendon itself, however when I had an injury that involved two ruptured ligaments, the atrophy from being unable to properly train many related muscle groups ended up causing other injuries and ended up being just as bad as the injury itself. So, I would focus on doing everything you can to maintain all the muscles nearby, especially the shoulder, and compounds that don’t necessarily help the tendon may still be of benefit to help you retain nearby muscle.

Good luck with your recovery.

ScottM

All,

Sorry for the delay, here is my update.

I had to attend a biomedical conference in california from October 17-19. I got on a plane at 9am the night of the 19th and landed at 7am on the 20th. I went directly to the hospital and had surgery at 9:30am on the 20th.

Surgery on the 20th went well. The surgeon said the tendon was locked just up above the ACF (interior elbow) and was quite tight, he had a difficult time pulling it down and prepared for what might be a painful week due to the digging he had to do. He was able to successful attach the button and all went generally as expected on the tendon was located.

He put me on
IB
Percocet
Colace
Aspirin (since I was on a long flight pre-op).

I was placed in a soft/hard cast and given a sling for the week. For those curious they do a nerve block in the shoulder prior to putting you fully under. The procedure wasn't painful as you're pre-medicated. The entire arm was numb for approx 8 hours post surgery. At around the 6 hour mark the phenomenon known as "pins and needles" sets in as you regain feeling. I made sure to take the full course of pain meds q4h as directed even though I was numb. I highly recommend this. After the block wears off you can really start to feel it and I was glad that I was medicated.

I started the animal pak and animal flex same day as surgery.

I started the GHRH/GHRP peptide combo 3x per day from a reputable source after resting completely for a day.

I started the Sermoralin, IGF-1 spray and Resumed TRT as directed from Telthera after resting completely for a day.

On day two I felt OK to go out and about. I brought my pain medicine out with me and went to a bar with some friends to watch the football games.

I started to feel a lot better and regain some limited function inside of the cast around day 3. I discontinued the narcotic that day as well as I am not a big fan of them. I had a friend take me to and from 1/2 days at work from then on out. I just wanted to show face for morale and address a few things more than anything else.

My post op was 7 days after the surgery on the 27th. The cast was removed and the stitches were taken out and the arm felt amazing. Obviously weak, but it wasn't painful and I had tactile sense, no numbness, and good range of motion compared to the norm.

The surgeon was extremely pleased and said I was several weeks ahead of schedule. Normally he would place a pt in a brace and slowly open range of motion over the course of 6 weeks, but due to my muscle tone and range of motion we were able to skip the brace and rehab and go straight to PT. I was advised to use a sling when out for the next 2 weeks in case anyone bumps me and to remind me not to lift anything heavy with that arm. I was cleared to drive if needed, but told to take it easy and be very careful.

I started THB-500 weekly from a reputable source that evening.

My first day of PT was Weds 11/1 we did some range of motion exercises and went over a few things. The main concern at this stage is not doing anything stupid which will cause bone growth, tendon attachments issues, etc which would cause problems down the road. I will be doing PT 2x per week. I was cleared to resume basic exercise not involving the affected arm. I can also tell you the "sports massage" to break up scar tissue, is not a massage. It is pure pain haha.

Today is 11/6 I am 17 days post op. There is very minimal pain or loss of muscle. My range of motion is very good both extension/flexion and pronation/supination. The arm and repair feels pretty strong, though I am not going to test it. I have been doing basic work in the gym as well as the elypitcal (with no arm swings) and the stationary bike for cardio.

In the interest of full honesty and transparency I play on a flag football team that had a bowl game yesterday Sunday 11/5 and I played center, snapping the ball and catching a few passes. Probably was not smart, but I knocked on wood before the game, so maybe that kept me safe haha.

I have started using Silagen from Telthera on the wound closure area to help with the wound healing and prevent scar formation. So far it looks pretty good.

My next PT appt is Weds 11/8 and my next appointment with my surgeon is 11/10.

Will update soon.

Thanks!

-Scott
-Telthera

Hey Gang,

Last Saturday while playing social sports (football) I suffered a distal Biceps tendon rupture (complete). I will be undergoing surgery on Friday the 20th (13 days post injury) for an open biceps tendon repair.

For those interested. I will attempt to check in here periodically and do status updates around which products, medicines, and peptides I am using for recovery. As well as PT regimen, gym regimen, and other updates. Reports will likely be infrequent as first due to recovery, but I will do my best.

From Telthera I will likely use basic TRT c HCG as well as begin a sermoralin regimen.

Outside of Telthera I am researching several peptides:

BPC157
TB500
GHRP-2, CJC s DAC combo.

In addition I will likely use animal pak as a high power MVE and animal flex for repair/support vitamins.

Thanks,
Scott
Telthera

ScottM

I agree with you and our friends. I tried BPC in the past for a different issue and didn't see results. Giving THB-500 a try this time based on a friends user experience. If it is placebo, I hope I have the same placebo effect he did haha.

Vince

Super Moderator
It's too bad this thread went cold. It would have been nice if it was updated.

I had surgery for a torn bicep, torn rotator cuff and bone spur.

My surgery was December 8th of last year. I finally got released from therapy last week. I'm told, you only get one chance to repair a torn bicep. So don't tear it again. My recovery is going great and I'm slowly going back to lifting weights with my repaired arm.

Gman86

It's too bad this thread went cold. It would have been nice if it was updated.

I had surgery for a torn bicep, torn rotator cuff and bone spur.

My surgery was December 8th of last year. I finally got released from therapy last week. I'm told, you only get one chance to repair a torn bicep. So don't tear it again. My recovery is going great and I'm slowly going back to lifting weights with my repaired arm.
What’s ur IGF-1 levels at Vince? Do u take anything to optimize them?

Did u consider or take any healing peptides, such as TB-500 or BPC-157?

Vince

Super Moderator
What’s ur IGF-1 levels at Vince? Do u take anything to optimize them?

Did u consider or take any healing peptides, such as TB-500 or BPC-157?
I haven't checked my igf-1 levels for a long time. I don't take any thing to optimize them.

Vince

Super Moderator
I think my repair bicep looks better than my original one. I've been working out with my non-repaired arm all long, and I've been told my repaired arm looks better.

Higher peak.

gaz7718

Interesting thread. Due to have surgery in 3 days to reattached a torn pec to the humerus and was wondering about adding nandrolone back to my TRT regiment. I was taking a low dose 18mg EOD for 3 months and only stopped one month ago. I did wonder whether the nandrolone played any part in the tear in the first place. Is it supposed to help healing of tears?
Otherwise was intending to keep everything else as normal. Have tried BPC157 recently for a couple months in tablet form and can’t say it made any noticeable difference for elbows and knees, but maybe I’ll add this back in too.

Vince

Super Moderator
Interesting thread. Due to have surgery in 3 days to reattached a torn pec to the humerus and was wondering about adding nandrolone back to my TRT regiment. I was taking a low dose 18mg EOD for 3 months and only stopped one month ago. I did wonder whether the nandrolone played any part in the tear in the first place. Is it supposed to help healing of tears?
Otherwise was intending to keep everything else as normal. Have tried BPC157 recently for a couple months in tablet form and can’t say it made any noticeable difference for elbows and knees, but maybe I’ll add this back in too.
I was using nandrolone before my surgery. Hoping it would help my shoulder. I no longer use it nandrolone. And my therapy went good, with only testosterone and HCG.

Vince

Super Moderator
I thought I would update this thread. My shoulder is completely healed. It's 100% no issues at all. My bicep works great too. It's a little scary knowing that my bicep can never be repaired again. Hopefully I'll never tear it again.

DorianGray

I thought I would update this thread. My shoulder is completely healed. It's 100% no issues at all. My bicep works great too. It's a little scary knowing that my bicep can never be repaired again. Hopefully I'll never tear it again.
Be very careful, Vince. I had rotator cuff surgery with biceps tenodesis also (2014) and was doing chin ups a couple months ago and felt something weird in my shoulder. Had MRI done which showed more fraying and wear on the attached biceps tendon. Also, SLAP tear and partial tear of subscapularis now. I have no pain fortunately. Point is you can be putting detrimental stress on these things without knowing it. The anchor is not going to be pulled out, but the integrity of the tendon is diminished once injured. I wonder if there is a way to monitor it before you do what I did? Perhaps ultrasound? I have an appointment with surgeon today. I'll ask him. My repaired shoulder felt better than the other one. So, I'm just marching along since the healing process like I was superman. My wife would call me out on that. Oops. Proceed with extreme caution on any dedicated biceps exercise.

Vince

Super Moderator
Be very careful, Vince. I had rotator cuff surgery with biceps tenodesis also (2014) and was doing chin ups a couple months ago and felt something weird in my shoulder. Had MRI done which showed more fraying and wear on the attached biceps tendon. Also, SLAP tear and partial tear of subscapularis now. I have no pain fortunately. Point is you can be putting detrimental stress on these things without knowing it. The anchor is not going to be pulled out, but the integrity of the tendon is diminished once injured. I wonder if there is a way to monitor it before you do what I did? Perhaps ultrasound? I have an appointment with surgeon today. I'll ask him. My repaired shoulder felt better than the other one. So, I'm just marching along since the healing process like I was superman. My wife would call me out on that. Oops. Proceed with extreme caution on any dedicated biceps exercise.
I am a big pull-up guy. But I limit it to one set of pull-ups a day. I do max out on them and I really enjoy doing pull-ups.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me