DHEA substitute?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BryanW

Hi - My wife and I are patients with Defy. She had been taking 25mg DHEA ED with good results: increased mental clarity, energy, and mood. Unfortunately it was causing her to lose her hair at an alarming rate.

After her most recent consult, it was decided to drop down to 12.5mg ED. However, her hair was still falling out.

Is there something like DHEA that she can take for mood, energy, and clear thinking, without the potential for hair loss?

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Is that all she takes? You have narrowed this hair loss down to it has to be DHEA?
I have read the bodies aromatase enzyme can use DHEA to make testosterone. I wonder if it could make Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) I ask because DHT is a reason men loose hair.

JayLay777

DHEA is a mild testosterone booster, especially for women. The DHEA she is taking is converting into androgens and that is causing her to lose hair. I would try 5mg and see what that does. You can try herbal testosterone boosters for women and see how that works if you want to avoid DHEA.

Will Brink

DHEA is a mild testosterone booster, especially for women. The DHEA she is taking is converting into androgens and that is causing her to lose hair. I would try 5mg and see what that does. You can try herbal testosterone boosters for women and see how that works if you want to avoid DHEA.

They don't do a thing and if they did, the effect would be the same in terms of elevated T levels and hair loss, if that is in fact the cause.

Will Brink

I thought DHEA converted to estrogen in women. Anyways everything you read says pre and post meno women need it.

It converts to T in women and E in men primarily, hence why high dose DHEA in men is a bad idea and a mild but effective T booster in women.

Will Brink

Hi - My wife and I are patients with Defy. She had been taking 25mg DHEA ED with good results: increased mental clarity, energy, and mood. Unfortunately it was causing her to lose her hair at an alarming rate.

After her most recent consult, it was decided to drop down to 12.5mg ED. However, her hair was still falling out.

Is there something like DHEA that she can take for mood, energy, and clear thinking, without the potential for hair loss?

Thanks!

Or, she may want to try the various products that are known to grow hair if she's benefiting from the DHEA. Women tend to respond much better than men do to them as a rule.

captain

Changes you make will take a long time to take effect in the hair department. I have thought about this at times and think things that effect SHBG come into play here. Thyroid, Progesterone and Insulin resistance like things I think all take part. If you are using the Empower Troche they work almost too good. I use them 25mg twice a day and just had labs. dhea-sulfate 555.8 71.6-375.4 ug/dL with no effect on estradiol, sensitive 14.3 8.0-35.0 pg/mL The DHEA to estrogen is not happening.

[TH="class: bodyBold ccrItemHeader LabCorpCCRViewer_LabUnits"][/TH]

[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"] [/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow LabCorpCCRItemText"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow LabCorpCCRItemText"][/TD]
[TD="class: alternatingRow ccrItemText"][/TD]

Will Brink

Her free and total test were indeed high:
5.3 pg/ml (0.0 - 4.2 pg/ml)
49 ng/dl (8 - 48 ng/dl)

Dropping her DHEA should reduce those numbers, but it's not a sure thing of course. 25mg is well above replacement for women. Not a bad thing per and a common startingf dose to see a bump in T, but lowering the dose is the right move if there's effects.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me