Is Metformin a Miracle Drug ? : Nelson Vergel Explains

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Jay Campbell invited me to present a review of relevant data on the use of Metformin in men with and without diabetes. I hope you enjoy the work I put into explaining the data to clarify the myths and facts about this old drug that is creating so much interest in the anti-aging world.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

Nelson,

Thanks a lot for putting this together. I made it all the way through and I learned a lot. A few comments:
- I think the question on whether it is beneficial for “non-diabetics” needs to take into account that the damage from diabetes has been shown to start well before blood sugar rises into “diabetic ranges”, and even before it starts to rise at all due to the insulin rise shown in the work of Dr. Kraft.
- If it turns out to have an mTOR inhibiting affect beyond what would come from its inhibition of insulin, then that could make it a sort of poor man’s rapamycin.
- There seems to be a lot of reports online that is has a pro-erectile affect beyond what could be accounted for in its well-studies actions, so that is likely to be of interest to many here.
- It will be interesting to see the results of the TAME study, although for the type of health events they are looking for, 5 years is a fairly short period of time to expect to see a large impact, but it will be interesting to see anyway.

I’m on a lower dose than discussed here and I am cycling it so that I take it primarily around higher carb meals and away from my heaviest activity days, so I’m interested to see how it goes. I’m also hoping for a noticeable anti-inflammatory effect for my knees so we will see. I'll be looking forward to the peptide discussion.

Howardb

Metformin to Augment Strength Training Effective Response in Seniors (MASTERS): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial

https://trialsjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13063-017-1932-5

Study has potential potential to make Metformin the new crack for 60+. Personally, I'm finding it is making me weaker in the gym and sleepy afterwards. Some research suggests it might suppress mitochondrial ATP production in muscles by as much as half which would explain. Met does suppress cravings for me. It becomes a pro/con trade off. I like Guided_by_Voices approach of lowering dose and cycling to avoid taking it before heavy workout days. Interested in how that is going or what others are doing.

LTChris

Has anyone use metformin specifically for Gut issues? Such as IBS or bloating issues. I have some gut health problems and wonder if that might be worth looking into? Or if I could even get prescribed for such a reason?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It is not a toxic drug although it is contraindicated in people with kidney dysfunction. You can always try it and make sure you run a CBC and lipid panel before you do and after 8 weeks.

It is not a toxic drug although it is contraindicated in people with kidney dysfunction. You can always try it and make sure you run a CBC and lipid panel before you do and after 8 weeks.

Nelson, you still taking this? Anyone else for that matter, Still working well??

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nelson, you still taking this? Anyone else for that matter, Still working well??

Yes. I found a solution to my body aches that were induced by an interaction of Metformin with one of my meds: creatine.

My IBS is great and I like how less bloated I feel.

Looks like my multi isn't rainbow light.jpg too bad either. I went ahead and ordered the one you mentioned above though.

Fernando Almaguer

So basically it does what it is meant to do. Lower Glucose/ Hba1c and insulin resistance?

I take it on days I do not train. After high carb meals also. 500- 750 mg.

sammmy

Metformin reduced by half the ER visits and hospitalizations in obese patients with COVID-19 (immunocompromised and heart failure patients excluded from study). The study did not have statistical power to make conclusions about covid deaths (too few in the study probably because of the patient selection criteria).

The proposed effect of metformin is anti-viral and anti-inflammatory.

Randomized Trial of Metformin, Ivermectin, and Fluvoxamine for Covid-19

1661282408216.png

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale