Buy Lab Tests Online

HamburgerChef

This is my second try at this forum. I messed up my registration and had to make a new account. This is a repost of my previous introduction. Thanks for responding Orin Israel and Vince!

Morbidly Obese
Hello fellow TRT'rs. Been browsing the forum for a few months. Lots of interesting stuff to learn on here. Like many others, I was prescribed Testosterone injection by my PCP. It started 8 months ago when I went to him to get something to give me some energy. Felt like I had no motivation, and found out I had low T of 160. I thought I was just lazy. I am morbidly Obese, 350lb 5' 10", 39yrs. I have lost about 15lbs in past 2 weeks thanks to Adipex, but hadn't lost any on the past 8 months of TRT.

So far he has not managed my hypogonadism well. Still weak and tired on most days. I look forward to connecting with others and hearing some similar experiences.​

I just had a TSH, and complete panel from defymedical drawn so hopefully I can get on track and keep losing weight! I am going to look into tiredthyroid. Thanks for the info.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HamburgerChef

About 5 years ago I did Atkins. Dropped 60lbs in 6 months. I went off the diet while my daughter was hospitalized and never found the motivation to return to it. The weight returned quickly. I'm sure I was hypogonadal back then as well. I read through some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism and I don't think I have any of those symptoms. My main issue is a lack of motivation and constant worrying. Before TRT it would take days for me to recover from 2 12hour shifts. I am extremely sweaty at the begining of every workout or shift at work. After a "flop sweat" that leaves me drenched, I settle into a more normal "fat guy" sweat. I feel very hot all the time, even in airconditioning I like to use a small fan.

Most recent labs had me at
Teststerone, Serum 288ng/dL (264-916) peak day
Free Testosterone 9.7pg/mL (8.7-25.1) peak day
Estradiol 32.4pg/mL (8.0-35.0)
50mg test cypionate IM every 3.5 days
DIM 200mg 2x/day after the estradiol lab result and have had slight improvement in flop sweats

My PCP says he has me at the maximum dose for test cypionate at 400mg per month. I don't think thats right, but it is the same as what I see on the drug manufactures website. He put me on Adipex/phentermine and said the only way to increase testosterone is to loose weight... The whole reason he put me on T was because I had no motivation! Very frustrating. Since there are no other decent docs locally, at least none that can manage TRT effectively, I have contacted DefyMedical. Awaiting the initial panel of labs now.

I have a few questions about possible causes of hypogonadism, other that the blatantly obvious, I'm very obese. I abused toluene glue and gasoline as an inhalant from 13 to 15. I was a heavy marijuana smoker from age 15 to 29. From 29 to 37 I was a very heavy drinker of vodka and beer, 1/2 gallon vodka per week, or 4-5 cases of beer. I worked in a PVC pipe factory for 5 years with no protective equiptment. My body was saturated inside and out. I blew plastic out of my nose for at least 6 months after I quit. I sobered up 2 years ago and will NEVER GO BACK.

Overall I feel pretty good. Me and wife are getting along well. Sex life if good. Working 2 jobs, active in the church. But I feel like I could be getting more out of my TRT. Maybe even have motivation to lift weights and change this fat to muscle. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Go slow and keep motivated, if you can live a healthy lifestyle, positive thing will happen. Getting on a good TRT protocol will be a good start.

Welcome HamburgerChef, congrats on getting sober man that is a major accomplishment and if you can do that you can beat this weigh problem.
10 years ago I was 5'8" 265# high bloodpressure and pre-diabetes.
I was a year from early retirement and my PCP said if I did not do something about my weight and health my retirement was going to be very short.

I bought a mtn bike and started slow. I was so out of shape around the block was my first goal and a year later I was 180#

You can do this...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching