1st labs Questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

dobrien

I have my 1st appointment with Defy on Tuesday. Was wondering if I could get some help with my labs. Basically looking for questions and concerns I should bring up on my visit.

I can see that total t is within range, free t is on the lower side of normal and my sensitive estradiol also on low side of normal.

Anybody care to offer some insight on my lab results so I am better prepared for my visit with Defy?

Attachments

• OBRIEN,DANIEL LAB RESULTS 10.5.17.pdf
    645.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

As you know, "in range" and "normal" have two entirely different meanings for a good doctor. Your total testosterone isn't what you'd like it be, nor is your free testosterone, and the same is true of your estradiol. Those numbers certainly aren't going to result in your feeling good (but you'd probably have a hard time convincing some doctors of that...it's a good thing you've a consultation with Defy). Were thyroid tests run? Your lipids need some consideration.

I'd suggest you spend some prior to your conversation writing down every question you can possibly think of and have that list in front of you when you have your call. Questions and concerns, no matter how silly you may think they might be. Then make careful notes on all the points covered. I'm not a Defy patient, but I do that with my doctor...we have to be our own advocates.

All the best.

Dang your numbers were all looking pretty good until lipids wholly cow. Adding T is going to raise your Low-density lipoprotein (LDL the bad cholesterol)

I would make a detailed list of your meal plan. What are you eating every day. An ap like lose-it or MyfitnessPal.com (see report pasted below) can help you count and track your protein/carbs/fats/sugar and how many calories you have burned during exersize.
Big LDL hitters whole eggs, whole milk, yellow cheese esp American, mystery meat you know where they grind 100 cows together, haha? You'll want to talk about statins or at least these supplements: CoQ10 120mg and Red Yest Rice 1200mg /24 hours.

My first 1 hours consult with Defy went like this. Every blood test value was discussed, that basicly tells them what your TRT protocol will be. Then they asked about other prescriptions or medical conditions. Then they talked about my diet and weight. Then your lvl of activity (exersize) Taking T is only one piece of the puzzle.

hth

Last edited:

dobrien

I am thinking my LDL might be so high because I am coming off a badly followed ketogenic diet, where most of my fats and proteins were coming from red meat and eggs and cheese (not the best choices) and I avoided carbs (even good carbs) like the plague. I have since fell off the wagon and have added way too much sugar and bad carbs so I think (hope) I can get it under control with better Diet and losing a bit of weight.

Thank you all for your responses. I find the information you all provide invaluable.

Saul

It might be the exception, but my lipids and blood pressure improved after I started TRT and cut out 90% of the dairy and red meat from my diet. I had the mental and physical energy to go the gym and more mental ability / motivation to control what I eat. A few life changes (which TRT enabled for me) can make a difference.

Last edited:
My blood pressure also improved. Now I did lose 30# of boob and belly fat. No other drugs but T Gel, a major overhaul of the diet and I ride a mtn bike 14-20 miles 5 days a week.

Dec 2016

Sept 2017 9 months on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale