[31M] 2 weeks on Clomid 12.5 mg ED. Should I ride it out?

Buy Lab Tests Online

raginghormone

I feel worse after 2 weeks of being on Clomid 12.5 mg ED + Anastrozole 0.08 mg ED. I'm exhibiting increased muscle loss, fatigue, depression, brain fog symptoms, and it seems to be affecting my sleep.

The doc mentioned I might have primary hypogonadism and suggested I try TRT but alternatively optioned Clomid due to my relatively young age. My testicles are also on the small side and my left testicle has been sore since donating a kidney 4 years ago. A few days after Clomid initiation, I noticed my testicles slightly increasing in size and oddly the pain in my left testicle subsiding. However, the pain has since returned to baseline. An interesting anecdote nonetheless.

Other Rx I'm currently on: 2 grains WP Thyroid ED, DHEA 100 mg ED

Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I really don't like feeling this way on Clomid but I understand the need for a diagnostic that Clomid can provide for other treatment plans--should I ride it out or should I get a blood test and accept that Clomid isn't for me?

Labs are before Clomid

2017-10-12 at 11.35.png

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

raginghormone

Sorry, the labs I posted were before I started Clomid. So he went based off my high LH and the fact that my T is low for it. I never had a FSH done.

Vince

Super Moderator
Dr. Saya has a good thread on Clomid, you may find interesting.

Are guys that do well on low dose clomid unicorns...or do they really exist?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-dose-clomid-unicorns-or-do-they-really-exist
They actually EXIST!!!

There are certainly some challenges in treating with low dose clomid, specifically in dealing with the varying effect (estrogen antagonist/agonist) of the two isomers enclomiphene and zuclomiphene. However, as I (and Dr Crisler) have said many times...I DO ACHIEVE SUCCESS in a fair number of guys with both a good objective AND subjective (symptomatic) response. This is one of my patients. Now there are certainly many guys that do NOT respond well to clomid for various reasons (wrong dosing, mismanagement, poor estrogen control, high SHBG, lack of response from HPTA, or just simply not tolerating the medication), but there are also many that have a good and even great response.

Admittedly, the online and forum tone is overwhelmingly negative regarding clomid...as for some reason the guys that actually do well on clomid (you know who you are...LOL) are not as vocal as the guys who've had a negative experience. I've seen the quote many times in one form or another as a matter of fact statement: "clomid will get your T levels up, but you won't feel it...or you won't feel better". Indeed, there are guys that feel good and even great on clomid, from my estimation anywhere from 30-50% of the guys (especially under 40yo) that I treat. It does, however, take PATIENCE and I think this is where some guys give up too quicky, possibly partly due to the negative bias that they had already formed from their "expectations" of clomid not working for anyone. For a younger guy (or even older...my oldest guy on clomid is 58yo and has had a GREAT response...he doesn't want to come off!) that can or wants to stimulate his endogenous testosterone production, maintain OPTIMAL fertility, and buy himself precious years of natural production before having to rely on TRT - clomid can be a perfect treatment for these guys!

After all, if it fails then the TRT option is always there as a backup plan.

I feel worse after 2 weeks of being on Clomid 12.5 mg ED + Anastrozole 0.08 mg ED. I’m exhibiting increased muscle loss, fatigue, depression, brain fog symptoms, and it seems to be affecting my sleep.

The doc mentioned I might have primary hypogonadism and suggested I try TRT but alternatively optioned Clomid due to my relatively young age. My testicles are also on the small side and my left testicle has been sore since donating a kidney 4 years ago. A few days after Clomid initiation, I noticed my testicles slightly increasing in size and oddly the pain in my left testicle subsiding. However, the pain has since returned to baseline. An interesting anecdote nonetheless.

Other Rx I'm currently on: 2 grains WP Thyroid ED, DHEA 100 mg ED

Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I really don't like feeling this way on Clomid but I understand the need for a diagnostic that Clomid can provide for other treatment plans--should I ride it out or should I get a blood test and accept that Clomid isn't for me?

Labs are before Clomid

View attachment 4192

With baseline LH of 7.5, it is likely you have at least a considerable degree of PRIMARY component to your hypogonadism which will decrease likelihood of successful treatment with clomid.

Eskimojoe

With baseline LH of 7.5, it is likely you have at least a considerable degree of PRIMARY component to your hypogonadism which will decrease likelihood of successful treatment with clomid.

hi Dr Justin

Im a 31 year old man experiencing ed issues for over 2 years. A recent blood test showed I had high SHBG (63 nmol/l) and prolactin (450 miu/L) All other parameters were in range and my total test was high at 750

I have been prescribed cabergoline but doesnt seem to have done anything (zero morning wood, can maintain erection for longer than 30 seconds)

Is clomid an option for me? And if not what other options do I have?

Thanks a lot for your help

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching