1. #1

    HCG Monotherapy for Libido after Clomid did not work

    Hi Guys,

    Have anyone used HCG Monotherapy for libido & fertility? - I used clomid for 4 months and the damn zuclomiphene made my libido to be absolute zero. So my Endo prescribed HCG 3x week 2,000 IUs each shot, but I had read that may be too much. I plan to start with 500 IU 3x week, and if not enough I would gradually increase it but no more than 1,000 each shot.

    My big concern is have a decent libido & energy. I am waiting 2 weeks to flush out clomid before starting HCG as well.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Diablo

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Member FeelingLost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo666 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Have anyone used HCG Monotherapy for libido & fertility? - I used clomid for 4 months and the damn zuclomiphene made my libido to be absolute zero. So my Endo prescribed HCG 3x week 2,000 IUs each shot, but I had read that may be too much. I plan to start with 500 IU 3x week, and if not enough I would gradually increase it but no more than 1,000 each shot.

    My big concern is have a decent libido & energy. I am waiting 2 weeks to flush out clomid before starting HCG as well.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Diablo
    WOW! that is more than the HCG diet. Just a quick google on high dose HCG side effects:

    Side effects have also been reported with the HCG diet and include fatigue, irritability, restlessness, depression, fluid buildup (edema), and swelling of the breasts in boys and men (gynecomastia). Another serious concern is the risk of blood clots forming and blocking blood vessels (thromboembolism).

    EDIT: Oh I take 800ui per week (400 Mon 400 Thur) and it has zero effect on my libido.

  4. #3
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo666 View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Have anyone used HCG Monotherapy for libido & fertility? - I used clomid for 4 months and the damn zuclomiphene made my libido to be absolute zero. So my Endo prescribed HCG 3x week 2,000 IUs each shot, but I had read that may be too much. I plan to start with 500 IU 3x week, and if not enough I would gradually increase it but no more than 1,000 each shot.

    My big concern is have a decent libido & energy. I am waiting 2 weeks to flush out clomid before starting HCG as well.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Diablo
    Are you also on testosterone? What protocol are you following right now.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  5. #4
    Member FeelingLost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    679
    Vince he says he wants to start Monotherapy (HCG only).

    @ Diablo666, have you been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism? IF so HCG could get your balls working better/producing more and that might help with libido.

  6. #5
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    Vince he says he wants to start Monotherapy (HCG only).

    @ Diablo666, have you been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism? IF so HCG could get your balls working better/producing more and that might help with libido.
    Thanks, I would think after doing a restart, you wouldn't need HCG unless the restart didn't work.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23
    Thanks guys for your advice. I have indeed been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism. I am not doing a restart or anything. Just trying to get my libido and energy back while maintaining fertility. If HCG monotherapy does not work, I may give it a shot at TRT + HCG..

  8. #7
    Super Moderator Gene Devine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,571
    If you have been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism that means that your LH levels are very low for whatever reason.

    HCG will help in producing endogenous testosterone and may help with libido but don't have big expectations.

    Why aren't you on testosterone therapy?
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    23
    Thanks Gene. I was on TRT like a year ago but that was when my LH/FSH wetn from low to almost nonexistent after I started TRT. I did not know I should have followeed the HCG + TRT protocol. The reason I am waiting on TRT is because would not like to jeopardize my fertility in any way. My endo and urologist adviced me against TRT because of that. Is that true that TRT + HCG will help preserving fertility?

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo666 View Post
    Thanks Gene. I was on TRT like a year ago but that was when my LH/FSH wetn from low to almost nonexistent after I started TRT. I did not know I should have followeed the HCG + TRT protocol. The reason I am waiting on TRT is because would not like to jeopardize my fertility in any way. My endo and urologist adviced me against TRT because of that. Is that true that TRT + HCG will help preserving fertility?
    Yes, HCG as a part of a TRT protocol can maintain testicular vitality/fertility.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  11. #10
    Member FeelingLost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    Yes, HCG as a part of a TRT protocol can maintain testicular vitality/fertility.
    So the next question should be: If preserving fertility is Priority 1 is T+HCG better than HCG mono?

    If you supplement the body with T will that trigger the body to make more semen?

    On a second note Diablo666 have you considered collecting and freezing your semen (at a sperm bank) as an insurance policy in case your boys shut down all together?

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    So the next question should be: If preserving fertility is Priority 1 is T+HCG better than HCG mono?

    If you supplement the body with T will that trigger the body to make more semen?

    On a second note Diablo666 have you considered collecting and freezing your semen (at a sperm bank) as an insurance policy in case your boys shut down all together?
    In regard to the volume of semen a man on exogenous testosterone may produce, I know, in my own case, it dropped. Not dramatically, but I noticed it. My doctor said she'd seen it with many of her patients. I believe Dr. Saya once commented on that same point (with the same conclusion).
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  13. #12
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,640
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    In regard to the volume of semen a man on exogenous testosterone may produce, I know, in my own case, it dropped. Not dramatically, but I noticed it. My doctor said she'd seen it with many of her patients. I believe Dr. Saya once commented on that same point (with the same conclusion).
    Since I started TRT my semen has dropped considerably, I haven't had my sperm checked for swimmer. I have five grown children and I don't plan on having more.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No Libido Even on HCG, Clomid, Arimidex with Test 1300
    By Hank123 in forum Clomid (clomiphene) for PCT, fertility or TRT
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-25-2017, 07:09 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 12:27 PM
  3. How frequently should you get blood work while on HCG monotherapy?
    By CSI007 in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 11:47 AM
  4. Clomid monotherapy blood work results
    By XYTsupreme in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-02-2015, 09:50 AM
  5. updated blood work: Clomid plus HCG
    By jkeith in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •