Help understanding new Compound Cream strength

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cooper

I just recieved my first prescription for Testosterone Compounded cream. Descripton says: Testosterone (30ML) 200 MG / ML. Apply 4 clicks (1ML). As best I can figure out this means it is 20% cream which I think would mean 200mg per day vs. 81mg when I was doing 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62. Am I reading this right and if so it seems to me as if this is a very large daily dose of the cream. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Loki

I just recieved my first prescription for Testosterone Compounded cream. Descripton says: Testosterone (30ML) 200 MG / ML. Apply 4 clicks (1ML). As best I can figure out this means it is 20% cream which I think would mean 200mg per day vs. 81mg when I was doing 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62. Am I reading this right and if so it seems to me as if this is a very large daily dose of the cream. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Compared to androgel it's a much higher dose, compared to shots it will probably result in a lower dose of Testosterone. I was taking the exact same dose of cream and was able to consistently have Total T 800-1000 (and I felt great). On 140MG of T administered 70MG Sunday and 70MG Wednesday via intramuscular shots I get my total T on my trough at around 1200....

OMI100

I do well on 2 clicks. In the 700 - 800 range.
Last labs (9/26/2017) 778 (new bogus range 264-916)
No telling where I would be on 4 clicks.

For those who have used compounded cream - how successful have you found it to be vs. Androgel?
I started my TRT journey Jan2016(primary TT173) with my PCP I was put on Testim 1% gel, 1 tube per 24hours for 8 months. TT 651, FT18
I don't have a lot of time with T cream however this is what I know so far. On 20% cream I get TT ~300, FT ~16 per click. I am currently on 2 clicks (0.5ml) but don't do bloods until mind Nov or early Dec.

hth

OMI100

"how successful have you found it to be vs. Androgel? "
I do well on compounded T cream so the issue for me was cost.
Co-pay was waaaay higher than me buying compounded T cream out of pocket.
I pay around $33.00/month for my compounded T cream.
I only use a 1/2 ml / day.
About a 1/4 teaspoon.

captain

The total T levels do not correlate to clicks. You may have a level of 300 on one click but there is not much chance you will be at 600 on 2 clicks. Once your to a dose that gets your natural production suppressed a small amount can spike your levels. This is why some end up with lower T when they start. You have to suppress before you can go up. You hear I felt great then it stopped working. They was putting T on top of natural production then slowly natural production drops off and they are worse than they was before.

The total T levels do not correlate to clicks. You may have a level of 300 on one click but there is not much chance you will be at 600 on 2 clicks. Once your to a dose that gets your natural production suppressed a small amount can spike your levels. This is why some end up with lower T when they start. You have to suppress before you can go up. You hear I felt great then it stopped working. They was putting T on top of natural production then slowly natural production drops off and they are worse than they was before.

Hi Captian, If you are directing your one click comment at me I did not mean to imply 1 click got me to 300 so 2 click should get me to 600. I only ment when I was on 1% Testim gel one tube got me to 650 and since I changed doctor who put me on 20% compounded cream 1 click. 6 weeks later my TT was 300, FT21, E2 18. My protocol was changed to two clicks. Bloods in late November.

captain

I think its possible you will see more than 600 on 2 clicks but you never know. I have never used cream before but I get the best from the gel by spreading it as far as possible. I would guess cream would be the same way or need spread more because of the higher concentration.

madman

Super Moderator
For those who have used compounded cream - how successful have you found it to be vs. Androgel?

Creams vs gels basically come down to how well ones skin absorbs the testosterone formulation. Two main things come to mind first and foremost the quality/potency of the compounded testosterone cream/gel being manufactured by compounding pharmacies. In Canada the manufacturing and compounding drug products is regulated by the respective regularity authorities in each province/territory as oppose to drug manufacturing of commercial products which are regulated at a national level by Health Canada under the FDA , similar to Canada the federal USA FDA regulates commercial pharmaceutical manufacturing and state law regulates standards and licensure of pharmacies. A report completed by the US FDA (2006) found that in 36 samples of medication obtained from compounding pharmacies 33% failed to meet standards for potency/uniformity. Here is a study which was done in Canada regarding the accuracy of testosterone concentrations in compounded testosterone products. Disturbing to say the least and I could not imagine what the situation may be like in the US. Of course there are also many reputable compounding pharmacies (especially ones sponsored on excel male) but one should always be LEERY when using compounded products. http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)31054-7/fulltext. Secondly biological factors can affect how well one absorbs the transdermal testosterone.http://www.jsm.jsexmed.org/article/S1743-6095(15)31054-7/fulltext

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me