Body Fat testing ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

robs2nd75

My understanding is that water always reads as lean tissue with bf testing. Is there any form of bf testing that isn't thrown off by water and if so what does the water weight read as?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JWSimpkins

Bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) is affected by hydration levels, which can skew the measurement results by up to a 5 kg overestimation of body fat levels.

A more accurate method of analyzing body fat, which is not affected by hydration levels is Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA).

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Yes, DEXA is great. It is difficult to find places that perform whole body DEXA's, though.

For deep belly fat (visceral fat), a CT scan on the L4-L5 area is what we use in lipodystrophy research. DEXA's trunk fat combines visceral and subcutaneous fat.

Bobby

Just had my BF tested using the Bod Pod, which is supposed to be the "Gold Standard" of BF testing. The following link will give you locations where testing is available:

www.bodpod.com

jimithing

I second the bod pod for accuracy and ease of use. Relatively inexpensive, not invasive, takes about 5 min to do and you get the results right away.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me