Would SubQ Lower My E2?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am dosed around 150mg per week using 75mg twice a week, and am taking .25mg of anastrozole with each shot.

I am still at 40 estrogen on the sensitive test. I am 156lb about 5'8.5" and not much body fat.

Would switching from 1in glute to a 0.5in needle (essentially subQ) lower my estrogen? I do not want to take anastrozole if I do not have to.

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I am dosed around 150mg per week using 75mg twice a week, and am taking .25mg of anastrozole with each shot.

I am still at 40 estrogen on the sensitive test. I am 156lb about 5'8.5" and not much body fat.

Would switching from 1in glute to a 0.5in needle (essentially subQ) lower my estrogen? I do not want to take anastrozole if I do not have to.

Thanks

What are the rest of your labs like, SHBG and total testosterone, particularly? Have you considered adjusting your weekly injection schedule? Rather than twice weekly, every other day or daily injections may impact estradiol.

SubQ is very patient-specific. I notice no difference between SubQ or IM. Some guys do, and labs back it up.

Vince

Super Moderator
Like CW said, switching to subq won't lower your estradiol levels. Find a comfortable way to inject and just continue that method. I really like shallow IM with an Easy Touch 29g 1/2" syringe injecting in my ventorgluteal. When I starting injecting in my ventorgluteal it did that some time getting comfortable injecting there.

Best Injection site, no aspiration needed, avoids all nerves

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...ids-all-nerves

madman

Super Moderator

Thanks

The key word here is MAY as CW stated (more frequent injections with lower doses of testosterone MAY lower estradiol not WILL or WON'T) as it is not a given and also seeing as you have lower body fat levels you may very well be one whom is genetically prone to aromatizing more regardless of injection frequency. Only by adjusting your protocol to more frequent injections and having blood work done 6 weeks later will you know whether it has any positive impact on your e2.

Thanks fellas, I sincerely appreciate the responses.

I do not have an updated SHBG lab, however my free test was right above the normal range.

Thanks, Vince. I remember reading or hearing somewhere where Dr. Crisler said when injecting subQ, slight less testosterone was producing the same blood levels as a higher IM dose.

Also I forgot to throw out, my Free T is slighty above the normal range, not sure if that would make any difference.

Total T was 858 with the range being 264-916 ng/dl
Free T was 28.7 pg/nl with the range being 8.7-25.1
Sensitive estradiol was 40.6 range being 8-35 pg/ml

CoastWatcher

I'm guessing, on the basis of your *slightly* higher free testosterone, that you may have *slightly* lower SHBG. Not drastic, but such that an EOD schedule might boost your trough while - potentially - lowering your estradiol.

When did you add anastrozole to your protocol?

I didn't take anything for the first 2-3 months of being on TRT, had estradiol checked with doctor (they didn't use the sensitive test the first time) and it was 45.

*Changed docs*

This doc had me add in hcg 250iu three times per week, and anastrozole at .25mg with each injection (twice per week).
Initially I would break some pieces off of the .25mg due to hearing how powerful it is, and not wanting to crash my estrogen.

I got re-tested with the numbers specified on my last post, and now I am taking the full .25mg since my last test (few weeks ago).

Thanks

Saul

The estrodol issues seems really tricky. There are many posts about E2 crashing when on AIs. Many doctors seem to prescribe an AI when E2 is at 40. I am at E2 of 40 with once weekly shots but my Dr and experience posters on here who I trust say it is not too high and just keep an eye on it - so this topic is something I am following. I don't feel bad (I actually feel great but for some libido/performance issues) or have any high E2 symptoms so I am not worried about it, but I don't know if I would feel better at E2 of 25 or if I am going to have issues down the road.

Since that test I have gone from E7D to E3D shots and started low dose zinc picolate. supplements. I will retest in a few more weeks or so. It is my understanding that it is increasing injection frequency that may lower E2 (due to elimination of very high peak T values) and not whether it is SubQ or IM. SubQ just makes it easier (for some) to increase injection frequency but you could just as easily go higher frequency small needle gauge IM injections. Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me