Sauna use for the prevention of Cardiovascular and Alzheimer's

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

OMI100

Please note that if anyone has a SO with Alzheimer's or Dementia and tries this, PLEASE also have them tested for Lyme. Even if your DR says "no way can your SO have Lyme because Da..Da..Da...". One blood test... Western Blot.... Cheap... High temperatures will slow down the impact, but not eradicate the Lyme bacteria..... Lyme can mimic both Alzheimer's, and so many other conditions, and most times it is never tested for....

Vince

Super Moderator
Is that why old men like it so much? :rolleyes:
:) Personally I never used a sauna, a good friend of mine is using one to improve his heart function, he's also doing many other things. The best part is it worked.

Last edited:

ERO

I have an infrared sauna and I find it to be amazingly relaxing. It just feels great overall to spend 30-45 minutes in there.

Gamnc

I use the gym sauna four to five times a week. 15 mins is my max in the heat, but it sure makes me feel better after a workout.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sauna bathing is associated with reduced cardiovascular mortality

Background
Previous evidence indicates that sauna bathing is related to a reduced risk of fatal cardiovascular disease (CVD) events in men. The aim of this study was to investigate the relationship between sauna habits and CVD mortality in men and women, and whether adding information on sauna habits to conventional cardiovascular risk factors is associated with improvement in prediction of CVD mortality risk.

Methods
Sauna bathing habits were assessed at baseline in a sample of 1688 participants (mean age 63; range 53–74 years), of whom 51.4% were women. Multivariable-adjusted hazard ratios (HRs) were calculated to investigate the relationships of frequency and duration of sauna use with CVD mortality.

Results
A total of 181 fatal CVD events occurred during a median follow-up of 15.0 years (interquartile range, 14.1–15.9). The risk of CVD mortality decreased linearly with increasing sauna sessions per week with no threshold effect. In age- and sex-adjusted analysis, compared with participants who had one sauna bathing session per week, HRs (95% CIs) for CVD mortality were 0.71 (0.52 to 0.98) and 0.30 (0.14 to 0.64) for participants with two to three and four to seven sauna sessions per week, respectively. After adjustment for established CVD risk factors, potential confounders including physical activity, socioeconomic status, and incident coronary heart disease, the corresponding HRs (95% CIs) were 0.75 (0.52 to 1.08) and 0.23 (0.08 to 0.65), respectively. The duration of sauna use (minutes per week) was inversely associated with CVD mortality in a continuous manner. Addition of information on sauna bathing frequency to a CVD mortality risk prediction model containing established risk factors was associated with a C-index change (0.0091; P = 0.010), difference in − 2 log likelihood (P = 0.019), and categorical net reclassification improvement (4.14%; P = 0.004).

Conclusions
Higher frequency and duration of sauna bathing are each strongly, inversely, and independently associated with fatal CVD events in middle-aged to elderly males and females. The frequency of sauna bathing improves the prediction of the long-term risk for CVD mortality.
Sauna bathing is associated with reduced cardiovascular mortality and improves risk prediction in men and women: a prospective cohort study

ERO

I have an infrared sauna and I love it. Super relaxing and your heart rate is definitely elevated in a 30-45 minute session. Highly recommend for relaxation, sore muscles, stress relief, etc. Also feels great if you catch a cold - just sit in the sauna with plenty of water and it feels like the heat bakes it out of you.

DorianGray

I find my spa is most satisfying, relaxing and therapeutic for sore muscles, especially after workout. But, I think I'll replace its spot with a sauna when it poops out. I've been looking at the Finnleo brand.

sammmy

Sauna and the immune system

The conclusion of the article contradicts its own graphs. The Polish authors don't seem to have any understanding of immunity.

At least they were aware that the sauna decreases blood volume due to dehydration/perspiration, so they corrected the after values for that.

The sauna increased the WBC, because it increased the number of neutrophils but it DECREASED the number of lymphocytes and NK cells. Also, it increased cortisol and both pro-inflammatory IL-6 and anti-inflammatory IL-10.

Increase in cortisol (immune suppressant) and decrease of lymphocytes and NK cells cannot be interpreted as "a way to improve the immune system", as they try to spin it. It just shows that the sauna causes stress in the body.

Last edited:

bixt

Yes, the sauna has tons of benifits which are extensively written about - and theirin lies the problem.

Too many FFs (fat ****s) with their man boobs and beer bellies are coming to gym waddling around in and out of the sauna daily for years, with zero change to their obesity. I have never seen them in the cardio or weights section. Ever.

They are hell bent into thinking religious daily use of the sauna and steam room is going to magically make them lose BF, get fit, improve their heart health.

Its false dream.

You need to put the work in the gym first - and then the sauna will help you to recover faster, ease the DOMS pain from working out hard, sweat the accumulated metabolic waste from the workout faster etc etc

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me