Sleep: Undervalued and Necessary

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

In 2017, the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine went to researchers, James C. Hall, Michael Rosbash, and Michael W. Young, all from the United States for explaining how "plants, animals, and humans adapt their biological rhythm so that it is synchronized with the Earth's revolutions." In other words, we are programmed to sleep at a certain time and for a specific length of time. Failure to get proper rest can result in a host of health issues. In addition to the well-known finding that sleep loss can hammer androgens, more and more issues are becoming clearer.

• Shift work disrupts circadian rhythms and increases health risks in men and women.It's been known for some time that shift work has a negative effect on everyone's health. Recent studies suggest that disruptions in sleep impact men and women significantly. Those who work shifts are at an increased risk of developing diabetes, cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome.
    In older adults elevated triglycerides are the predominant marker for disrupted circadian rhythm.
  • Excessive daytime sleepiness/long naps, resulting from disrupted sleep, are related to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.
  • Light exposure at night disrupts the body's natural rhythms, and "could be playing a role in the obesity epidemic."

• Diabetes risk is higher for middle-aged adults who habitually stay up late.

Helio: Endocrine Today, October 2, 2017
https://www.healio.com/endocrinolog...campaign=endocrinology news&m_bt=852809511235

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xml

Do you ever wonder why all living things have some form of dormancy period? I often think of how much more can be done if sleep wasn't necessary to live.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me