Progesterone lowers DHT/ E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gman86

So from my understanding, progesterone lowers DHT as well as keeps E2 in check, amongst a bunch of other benefits. This is a possible explanation why young men with high natural test don't have issues with baldness and elevated E2 issues. It's their normal/ high levels of progesterone keeping everything in check. But once we reach around age 30, progesterone starts to decrease and that just so happens to be around the same time some men deal with hair loss and possible increased E2 issues, which in turn can lower testosterone or at least bind to the androgen receptors rendering them less effective to whatever testosterone we have. Any thoughts? Just wondering why we don't hear more about the benefits of progesterone. Possibly the stigma around it? Or people not realizing that it needs to be applied transdemally and writing it off when they have issues with taking it orally?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hairloss has much more to do with genetics than DHT which is/has been unfairly demonized, IMHO. I have read that in certain cases of Gyno that Progesterone supplementation has helped

Gman86

Ya MPB definitely has a huge genetic factor involved. Theoretically progesterone should help gyno by managing high E2 levels. I’m personally trying progesterone to raise cortisol, as I seem to have low morning cortisol. I also have high DHEA-S, which can be an indicator of low cortisol. My DHT is also high, so I’m hoping progesterone can help lower that a little too.

Gianluca

how did that go? I tried Progesterone as well for low cortisol didn't feel good on it

Ya MPB definitely has a huge genetic factor involved. Theoretically progesterone should help gyno by managing high E2 levels. I'm personally trying progesterone to raise cortisol, as I seem to have low morning cortisol. I also have high DHEA-S, which can be an indicator of low cortisol. My DHT is also high, so I'm hoping progesterone can help lower that a little too.

Gman86

Can you go into more detail on what you mean by “didn't feel good on it”. Just curious.

To answer your your question though, no I stopped taking it after about a week. I noticed it was messing with my sleep and not giving me any noticeable benefit during the day. I was applying it first thing in the morning. I stopped after a week and my sleep returned to normal. Haven't touched the stuff since.

To raise my cortisol I'm trying a couple things. Going outside as soon as I wake up and getting sunlight in my eyes. I heard that it can help reset ur circadian rhythm and sleep better, and also help increase morning cortisol. I'm also drinking an “adrenal ****tail” twice a day. Morning and around 2pm. It includes pink salt, creme of tartar for the potassium and vitamin c. And lastly just eating within an hour of waking and eating small frequent meals throughout the day. Read that all this can help with adrenal fatigue.

Last edited:

Gianluca

I felt weird, sort of anxious, didn't help with Cortisol production neither

Can you go into more detail on what you mean by “didn't feel good on it”. Just curious.

To answer your your question though, no I stopped taking it after about a week. I noticed it was messing with my sleep and not giving me any noticeable benefit during the day. I was applying it first thing in the morning. I stopped after a week and my sleep returned to normal. Haven't touched the stuff since.

To raise my cortisol I'm trying a couple things. Going outside as soon as I wake up and getting sunlight in my eyes. I heard that it can help reset ur circadian rhythm and sleep better, and also help increase morning cortisol. I'm also drinking an “adrenal ****tail” twice a day. Morning and around 2pm. It includes pink salt, creme of tartar for the potassium and vitamin c. And lastly just eating within an hour of waking and eating small frequent meals throughout the day. Read that all this can help with adrenal fatigue.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me