32 was on TRT now on clomid for fertility. Want to restart TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

slabguy

My history: Currently 32 years old. Started TRT Feb. of 15. ng/dl was 220. Started at 120mg/every 2 weeks test cyp. at first and raised to 120mg/week about 3 months later. ng/dl went up to about 650 and I was feeling good, better libido, more energy, etc... About Feb. of 16 wife and I started trying to get pregnant (no kids previously). We tried for close to six months with no luck. Her dr. ran some tests on her and everything seemed normal. He said it's normal to try for a year and if no luck after a year to start further testing. Close to Feb this year we still weren't pregnant and I went in for testing. I had zero active sperm. Testicles and amount of ejaculate had noticeable decreased over the course of TRT. My dr. recommended I stop TRT which I did and he prescribed me 25MG of generic clomid per day. Testicles and ejaculate increased significantly. After about 3 months tested sperm and had on the lower range of active sperm. Wife is now about 9 weeks pregnant. I have no energy, libido, losing strength quickly in the gym and would like to restart TRT but maybe with HCG to help prevent the problems I had last time. We would like to have 1 more kid eventually. I have little knowledge about all this but am reading as much as I can.

Sorry for the lengthy history. I have a dr. who will work with me on dosing. What would you guys recommend for me starting back? If I left any info out let me know and I'll post the info if I have it. I don't have copies of labs. Thanks for any help you can give.

EDIT: ng/dl is currently about 380 on clomid and my urologist feels comfortable leaving me at my current dose

EDIT 2: Posted TRT dosages wrong. Correct now.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

meanbreen

That's awesome that Clomid worked to get you lr wife pregnant. How long did it take to get her pregnant after beginning Clomid? And yes, taking HCG with test. might help you preserve your fertility for the next attempt.

slabguy

It took about 5 months from the time I stopped TRT and started clomid. I'm not real confident my Dr. knows much about HCG and I don't either but she will work with me. What would be a good starting dose for the HCG if I go back on 120mg/week for TRT?

HealthMan

HCG is no guarantee of fertility while on TRT. If money is not an issue I would add a small dosage of FSH together with HCG to your protocol while you still want to be fertile. In my case for whatver reason i cannot understand FSH improved libido and erections.

slabguy

Whenever the time comes to try for our 2nd child I'm willing to stop trt again if I have to for fertility reasons. Would you guys still recommend hcg and/or fsh while on trt?

HealthMan

Whenever the time comes to try for our 2nd child I'm willing to stop trt again if I have to for fertility reasons. Would you guys still recommend hcg and/or fsh while on trt?

You should take HCG while on TRT to avoid testiculat atrophy and possible irreversible damage to your testiscles. FSH is insurance for you on the fertility department. At small dosage will cost you ~ $1,500/year. But if HCG alone works for you no need

slabguy

I spoke to my dr about hcg and he didn't know much about it. He spoke to a colleague and called me back this morning. He's writing me a rx for 100iu/week of hcg to go along with my trt protocol. Is that even enough to do anything? Seems like most of you guys and research suggest closer to 1000iu/week. Probably can't really sway his decision on this since he doesn't know much about it.

CoastWatcher

I spoke to my dr about hcg and he didn't know much about it. He spoke to a colleague and called me back this morning. He's writing me a rx for 100iu/week of hcg to go along with my trt protocol. Is that even enough to do anything? Seems like most of you guys and research suggest closer to 1000iu/week. Probably can't really sway his decision on this since he doesn't know much about it.
It would be highly unlikely that 100iu/weekly is going to impact you in any meaningful way.

Vince

Super Moderator
I inject 500iu of HCG every 3 1/2 days, maybe 100iu a day but not a week.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me