Working toward physique competition, working out while on TRT and recent DEXA scan

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mad City Dad

Hello everyone,

So I joined this forum a few months ago and have learned so very much by reading hundreds, if not thousands of posts. Since starting TRT I have been able to regain the motivation to go to the gym and to see real results. I workout 5 days a week (Mon, Tues, Wed, rest Thurs, Fri, Sat, rest Sun) lifting weights, and swim 2 miles every Tues and Thurs evening on a masters swim team. I have hired a personal trainer as well, and workout with him in the gym twice a week. I have put on quite a bit of muscle over the past few months. I started at 159 lbs, and probably about 20% body fat. I am 5'8". Today I weigh 177. My trainer suggested I get an accurate body composition analysis as a way of having a better reference point as we begin our training together.

I am fortunate to live by a world class university with a state of the art exercise science center. Today I underwent a DEXA scan body composition analysis. My results showed me to be 11.6% body fat and 177lbs. I was very pleased to learn these results, as even my trainer was guessing me at 13-14%.

I know I could have never made such great progress with the low T levels I was walking around with. I have always been physically active, and in fact I did 3 triathlons last year. But I was always in a state of fatigue and anorexia, really. My average weight last year was between 145-147. Yes, that's right, I have gained 30 lbs since then, but managed to drop my body fat.

I have a bucket list item to compete in a masters (did I say I was 55?) physique competition next summer. My trainer and I are still working on what my on stage weight might be but I am hoping for 180 and 8% BF.

I will keep you all posted with my progress. I appreciate any advice or support you all could give. Thanks!
Steve

PS
I have uploaded a pic I took of myself yesterday as a way of showing you all my "starting" point on this journey. It is with a bit of trepidation, but thought, "what the heck, I better be able to handle some criticism and feedback if I'm going to compete in physique", right??
FullSizeRender(7).jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mad City Dad

Update on bodybuilding while on TRT

Wanted to check in and give an update to this thread. I am feeling GREAT on the TRT and think I am what you all call "dialed in" with my TRT. My last blood work at 6 months mark showed my testosterone level to be 980 on 160mg of testosterone weekly (divided in two doses). My H/H were borderline high, but other than that, all is good.

I continue to train with a coach at the gym, working out 5 days a week. I am still making some great gains, bench press is up to 240#, squats up to 260# and deadlift at 280#. I have also put on another 7 lbs, and now weigh 184. I think my body fat is still about 11%, maybe even a tad lower (can see my abs for the first time in years). I am attaching a few pics showing the recent gainz.

Question for all of you: Do you know which bodybuilding organizations allow TRT? I know some do, and most don't. I'm having a hard time finding details. I still have the goal of competing in masters physique come next summer or fall. Thanks!

FullSizeRender(8).jpgFullSizeRender-1.jpg

Mad City Dad

Hey folks,
Its been quite a while since I updated you all on my physique competition progress. I started a 30 week prep 28 weeks ago (yup, got 2 weeks to go before I hit the stage for the very first time in my life!). Here are some pictures I took yesterday that show my progress. Will be getting another DXA scan in about 10 days. Thinking my bodyfat will be down to about 6% by that time. Has been an incredible journey. Putting on muscle AND losing bodyfat at the same time. Thanks!
Steve
PS I started TRT about 15 months ago and am very "dialed in". Current dosage is 160mg/week, split into 80mg twice weekly injections. HCG 400mcg twice a week.

Attachments

• 20180927_075353.jpg
    20180927_075353.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
  • 20180927_075408.jpg
    20180927_075408.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141

Nashtide

Hey folks,
Its been quite a while since I updated you all on my physique competition progress. I started a 30 week prep 28 weeks ago (yup, got 2 weeks to go before I hit the stage for the very first time in my life!). Here are some pictures I took yesterday that show my progress. Will be getting another DXA scan in about 10 days. Thinking my bodyfat will be down to about 6% by that time. Has been an incredible journey. Putting on muscle AND losing bodyfat at the same time. Thanks!
Steve
PS I started TRT about 15 months ago and am very "dialed in". Current dosage is 160mg/week, split into 80mg twice weekly injections. HCG 400mcg twice a week.
You look fantastic! Best of luck and let us know how you finish. Also, include legs in the next pics. The only possible critique (and this is stretching it) I would try to bring your pecs up a tad. Again, this is nitpicking at its highest level.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me