Has anyone had estrogen levels this high?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Cosmo2000

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] Hello everyone. I'm a 45 year old male currently on TRT. I recently switched from my primary physician to a urologist. Reason being he had no clue about testosterone to estrogen conversion so in turn he didn't think I needed to have my estrogen levels checked.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] He started me on testosterone enanthate at a dosage of 250 mg every 7 days. A month later he had my levels checked that was on 7/12/2017 total free testosterone was 121.4 and total testosterone was 381. They also tested my estrogen. This is where my main question is. Somehow between the lab and my urologist they lost my estrogen test. So on 9/5/2017 they tested again. A few days later I went to my appointment. He said my estrogen was high at 267 so he prescribed Arimidex at 1 mg. every other day. So a few days later I get a notification that I have new lab results in my email. They were estrogen results but they 538. I realized that the results he had at my appt. the 267 was in fact the ones from July they were never lost. The ones I just received for level of 538 was about 5 days old. I tried to reach him but he's out for two weeks. So I took it upon myself to start taking my Arimidex 1 mg every day instead of every other. And contact him as soon as he is back in the office. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] I must say that I've been taking this extra dose for a week now and I feel better than I have in years. In fact since I've been on testosterone which is about 7 years this is the best I've felt. Lost about 10 pounds in the past 7 days. I'm 5'8" no weigh 245 pounds so I need to lose it. I attached my lab results. Also has anyone else ever had estrogen levels that high?[/FONT][/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_4502.JPG
    IMG_4502.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_4503.JPG
    IMG_4503.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4504.JPG
    IMG_4504.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4506.JPG
    IMG_4506.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4507.JPG
    IMG_4507.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 276
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] Hello everyone. I'm a 45 year old male currently on TRT. I recently switched from my primary physician to a urologist. Reason being he had no clue about testosterone to estrogen conversion so in turn he didn't think I needed to have my estrogen levels checked.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] He started me on testosterone enanthate at a dosage of 250 mg every 7 days. A month later he had my levels checked that was on 7/12/2017 total free testosterone was 121.4 and total testosterone was 381. They also tested my estrogen. This is where my main question is. Somehow between the lab and my urologist they lost my estrogen test. So on 9/5/2017 they tested again. A few days later I went to my appointment. He said my estrogen was high at 267 so he prescribed Arimidex at 1 mg. every other day. So a few days later I get a notification that I have new lab results in my email. They were estrogen results but they 538. I realized that the results he had at my appt. the 267 was in fact the ones from July they were never lost. The ones I just received for level of 538 was about 5 days old. I tried to reach him but he's out for two weeks. So I took it upon myself to start taking my Arimidex 1 mg every day instead of every other. And contact him as soon as he is back in the office. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText] I must say that I've been taking this extra dose for a week now and I feel better than I have in years. In fact since I've been on testosterone which is about 7 years this is the best I've felt. Lost about 10 pounds in the past 7 days. I'm 5'8" no weigh 245 pounds so I need to lose it. I attached my lab results. Also has anyone else ever had estrogen levels that high?[/FONT][/FONT]
You need a new doctor.

The test he ran, Total Estrogens is of absolutely NO value to you. Men on androgen replacement should only use the Estradiol/Sensitive, LC, MS, MS, lab assay. It is estradiol you want to monitor...not total estrogens. And you are taking anastrozole at a dose appropriate for a woman dealing with breast cancer. It won't be long before you're in hormone hell with crashed estradiol levels.

Stop the anastrozole, go and obtain the proper test, estradiol/sensitive, through www.discountedlabs.com, and only then will you be able to evaluate your situation.

Estradiol is not an enemy, a waste product to be eliminated. It's a necessary hormone that supports male sexual function, cognitive ability, bone health. It may need to be managed, but only when you know where it really sits.

madman

Super Moderator
Hello everyone. I'm a 45 year old male currently on TRT. I recently switched from my primary physician to a urologist. Reason being he had no clue about testosterone to estrogen conversion so in turn he didn't think I needed to have my estrogen levels checked.
He started me on testosterone enanthate at a dosage of 250 mg every 7 days. A month later he had my levels checked that was on 7/12/2017 total free testosterone was 121.4 and total testosterone was 381. They also tested my estrogen. This is where my main question is. Somehow between the lab and my urologist they lost my estrogen test. So on 9/5/2017 they tested again. A few days later I went to my appointment. He said my estrogen was high at 267 so he prescribed Arimidex at 1 mg. every other day. So a few days later I get a notification that I have new lab results in my email. They were estrogen results but they 538. I realized that the results he had at my appt. the 267 was in fact the ones from July they were never lost. The ones I just received for level of 538 was about 5 days old. I tried to reach him but he's out for two weeks. So I took it upon myself to start taking my Arimidex 1 mg every day instead of every other. And contact him as soon as he is back in the office.
I must say that I've been taking this extra dose for a week now and I feel better than I have in years. In fact since I've been on testosterone which is about 7 years this is the best I've felt. Lost about 10 pounds in the past 7 days. I'm 5'8" no weigh 245 pounds so I need to lose it. I attached my lab results. Also has anyone else ever had estrogen levels that high?

First and foremost what were your pre-trt labs which hopefully included total/free testosterone, estradiol, dht, prolactin, fsh/lh, psa, chemistry/cbc/tsh panel? It is 9/23/17 and you state that you were put on 250mg/week testosterone(extremely high dose for trt) and 4 weeks later on 7/12/17 had blood work and total t HISTORICAL was 381ng/dL range 250-1100 ng/dL (as you post many lab results from 2011-2017) and you posted no reference ranges for free as your free testosterone HISTORICAL was 121.4 pg/ml. Hard to believe that your total is 381ng/dL which is extremely low for a trough 7 days later before your next 250mg/week injection as there is no way 381 ng/dL could be your peak value which would put most in the 2000+ ng/dL range at that dose. When exactly did you start trt and were you started on a lower dosage? As Coast stated your e2 test is irrelevant as it is not the sensitive assay and that hefty dose of an aromatase inhibitor is going to do more harm than good especially seeing as we do not have an accurate e2 test. I am stumped as to why your total t would be so low on 250mg test/week unless I am missing something in your post.

Cosmo2000

First and foremost what were your pre-trt labs which hopefully included total/free testosterone, estradiol, dht, prolactin, fsh/lh, psa, chemistry/cbc/tsh panel? It is 9/23/17 and you state that you were put on 250mg/week testosterone(extremely high dose for trt) and 4 weeks later on 7/12/17 had blood work and total t HISTORICAL was 381ng/dL range 250-1100 ng/dL (as you post many lab results from 2011-2017) and you posted no reference ranges for free as your free testosterone HISTORICAL was 121.4 pg/ml. Hard to believe that your total is 381ng/dL which is extremely low for a trough 7 days later before your next 250mg/week injection as there is no way 381 ng/dL could be your peak value which would put most in the 2000+ ng/dL range at that dose. When exactly did you start trt and were you started on a lower dosage? As Coast stated your e2 test is irrelevant as it is not the sensitive assay and that hefty dose of an aromatase inhibitor is going to do more harm than good especially seeing as we do not have an accurate e2 test. I am stumped as to why your total t would be so low on 250mg test/week unless I am missing something in your post.

I initially started TRT in May of 2011. I was 36 years old at the time. The doctor only did a test for total testosterone. My level was 119. He started me on 200 mg Cypionate ever 2 weeks. He checked my total level a month later and I was at 495. After some time I tried to talk into letting me do my own injections. Would of saved me some money and time a well. He wouldn't allow it. So he switched me too androgel. The test in 2014 level was 184 and 2016 level was 237 were both while I was on androgel. He did do some further testing in2016. I've attached those.as well.

Cosmo2000

I do notice that my initial level when I started with the urologist is not shown. It was tested on 6/5/2017 and my total level was 89. Also it had been about three months since she last used the androgel from my former doctor. Also not sure if it matters but when I was 11 I had severe trauma to my left testicle.

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 298

user_joe

No offense meant here OP, but you are kinda all over the place. You are being given good advice. Hope you follow. The way you feel on 1mg/day ai isn't going to last. You will feel like death soon enough going that route.

CoastWatcher

I initially started TRT in May of 2011. I was 36 years old at the time. The doctor only did a test for total testosterone. My level was 119. He started me on 200 mg Cypionate ever 2 weeks. He checked my total level a month later and I was at 495. After some time I tried to talk into letting me do my own injections. Would of saved me some money and time a well. He wouldn't allow it. So he switched me too androgel. The test in 2014 level was 184 and 2016 level was 237 were both while I was on androgel. He did do some further testing in2016. I've attached those.as well.
Your story gets bleaker with each of your posts. You've had terrible care from the beginning. Your initial workup, where you were only tested for total testosterone, is, essentially, malpractice. Your care since then is not much better. You are missing so many essential pieces of the picture, a lack of initial and follow up testing, and you are engaging in foolish behaviour in taking one milligram of anastrozole on a daily basis.

You needed, and still need, the following tests performed. Total and free testosterone, SHBG - an essential test that informs you and your doctor what sort of protocol to prescribe and offers significant information about how to adjust it if/when such changes need to be made, prolactin, DHT, DHEA, estradiol/sensitive (not total estrogens), a full thyroid profile – TSH, fr3, ft4, rt3, and both thyroid antibody profiles, PSA - PSA values tend to rise during TRT and its critical to monitor not only the discreet value, but the rate of rise (velocity) as well, cortisol, and the CBC and CMP panels (which do look as if they have be n run).

Where do you live? We can provide a referral to capable medical care. You deserve much better than you've had to date.

Will Brink

Your story gets bleaker with each of your posts. You've had terrible care from the beginning. Your initial workup, where you were only tested for total testosterone, is, essentially, malpractice..

Sadly, viewed as SOC and the norm to this day as I'm sure you're well aware.

OMI100

Hmmmm.
Not knowing where in the U.S. you are at, and what your financial abilities are, I would sure recommend that you look into Defy (One of the folks that support this page) ASAP if not sooner. They know what they are doing and do TeleMed so you will not have to drive/fly/walk or crawl to Florida. Call them on Monday!!!!! They just might save your life!!! 1mg Arimidex EOD sounds waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top. BTY I have NO financial association with Defy. I just know that they KNOW what they are doing and clearly your DR has NO idea what he is doing.....

OMI100

Hmmmmm.
One more thing that you can do, if you have not already done so, is get a copy of Nelson's book, "Testosterone: A Man's Guide- Second Edition". It is one of the best books out there on this subject with a LOT of valuable information that you need to know.
Where are you from U.S. or ?
If you are out of the U.S., go here to download the power point presentation:
http://www.allthingsmale.com/MOA2.ppt
Now print it out and take to you DR and see if this helps with educating the DR.
This presentation is from one of best DRs out there, reference TRT.
I think this is a copy of the paper that goes with the power point. Give that to your DR also.
https://www.compounding.co.za/wp-co...-Replacement-Therapy-A-Recipe-for-Success.pdf
You may not be your DRs favorite patient when you provide him this information :)

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching