36-point program for reversing dementia

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Guided by Voices had a good post, I thought it should be a thread. I hope you don't mind.

Yes, TRT/HRT is one of the parts of Dr. Bredesen's original 36-point program for reversing dementia. A good discussion of the total program can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5aA_-3Ip8

and the full protocol (at least at the time, it has since been expanded) is in the text of the study published in the journal Aging.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
A video series is started yesterday (2017-09-21):
Awakening from Alzheimer's
and running until Oct 2.
It's likely a set of ~1hr interviews between the host (Peggy Sarlin, who ran one of these last year), and various voices in the AD community. Typically, how these go is that 1 or 2 speakers per day are available for 24hrs, and perhaps all for 24hrs on an encore day. At any time, and after the run, you can of course buy DVDs (and possibly downloads).
Speakers of interest might include Bredesen (saved for day 11), Perlmutter, Newport, D'Agostino and Poff. On the cautionary side there's Katz (who had nothing useful to add in last year's).

Guided_by_Voices

Reading about Bredesen in particular, where's the evidence? He looking like a quack, for example:

Pricey Protocol Not Proven to Prevent or Reverse Alzheimer’s, Says UCSF Neurologist

Hope and Hype for Alzheimer’s
He's published at least two studies (the latest with 100 or so patients) showing reversal of dementia, which is better by far than any other dementia treatment anywhere. If you read his protocol it actually addresses root cause issues and breaks the type of dementia down into specific cause categories. For example, untreated Lyme disease is known to produce dementia-like symptoms and the mainstream Lyme tests have numerous false negatives. Everything in his protocol are things everyone should be doing for their overall health (such as keeping insulin levels low) but which the mainstream usually does not address, so it's not "expensive", it's table-stakes for good health (which almost no one does.) I don't know what it costs if you use his service but it is fully open-source so anyone can do it although a fair amount of tests are involved, and it has to be less than the cost of traditional treatment and hospice care, to say nothing of the emotional cost of seeing someone lose their memory. Finally, anytime you see someone say "not proven" a huge alarm should sound in your head, especially since much of mainstream medicine is "not proven" , e.g. statins, the Myplate diet, etc. This is a particularly sore point with me since I am currently seeing several people succumb to dementia and to my knowledge they were never offered this as an option even though it is the very definition of harmless to at least try.

jdthoosier

Where are those studies? Have they been peer-reviewed and validated? "Root causes" issues? How did he determine those? If you read the literature, there's a lot of things that can cause dementia-like symptoms.

Finally - when someone like Bredesen makes extraordinary claims a huge alarm should sound in your head since much of the claims of functional medicine are not proven.

Sounds like you are swallowing the classic functional medicine strawman arguments when you claim "much of mainstream medicine is not proven" then you pivot to functional medicine as an alternative. Where is your skepticism towards the functional medicine side? Especially when you claim statins are not proven. I'm no statin-adherent but there's quite a wide body of evidence for statins. Are you cherry picking or resorting to confirmation bias?

Guided_by_Voices

Do a search, the first one was in the journal Aging, which also includes his program. He also has lots of speeches and podcasts available.

"Functional medicine" is too general of a term for me. Anything that addresses root causes over symptom suppression works in every other field of endeavor so that is where I start with health. Things like exercise, raising insulin sensitivity, optimizing nutrient and hormone status, time restricted eating, avoiding high-risk foods, etc. are all shown by evidence and logic to be beneficial and those are examples of what's in his program. If you want do otherwise, suit yourself but don't disrespect the people who are actually trying to solve the problem using good logic. "Proof" is a false criteria and not something we have the luxury of on almost any health topic anytime soon. Everything in his program is something that makes sense for other reasons so I'm certainly not going to wait around for "proof" that I should optimize my overall health, which is what is program basically says.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me