Can Creatine Supplementation Increase Hematocrit ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
My hematocrit has been stable for many years at around 50. I started using creatine 5 grams per 2 months ago. I started having headaches, itchiness and fatigue two weeks ago. I decided to check my hematocrit and it had gone up to 55. Got a therapeutic phlebotomy today.

My hypothesis is that the increase DHT caused by creatine increased my hematocrit.

Just bringing this up as a discussion topic to see what others have experienced.

I stopped creatine three days ago but I will miss it since my workouts were great on it.

Does creatine increase DHT?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I wonder if it's true? I did stop creatine and starting doing daily injections of T, my hematocrit did drop. I don't know how much is related the stopping creatine.

The last few times it had my hematocrit tested it was 46 plus I stopped donating blood.

We've been having some disussion and I've been using it either eating Grapefruit or using GSE, I use GSE, but my last CBC had me @ 50 when I *should* have been according to my history, I was expecting HCT in 53-54 range. But it was @ 50 and during my GSE use I've not had the physical feeling I've had in the past of needing to donate. I haven't donated in at least 12 weeks if not longer. I use I think its 1tsp daily in water...that's a heavy dose according to the labeling.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HGUY1SO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

USMC

I realize this is an older post... I am currently testing out the above hypothesis. My Hematocrit has always been around 46. After several months on Creatine @ 5grams / day, it has jumped to 51.8.. along with some kidney issues discussed in another thread. Since stopping creatine, my kidney function has improved, but I haven't been tested for Hematocrit again yet.

Anyone know how long it takes for Hematocrit to come down??

I going to wait another month and use Discounted Labs to test again... I'll report back!

Vince

Super Moderator
I realize this is an older post... I am currently testing out the above hypothesis. My Hematocrit has always been around 46. After several months on Creatine @ 5grams / day, it has jumped to 51.8.. along with some kidney issues discussed in another thread. Since stopping creatine, my kidney function has improved, but I haven't been tested for Hematocrit again yet.

I going to wait another month and use Discounted Labs to test again... I'll report back!
I started using creatine again after a long absence. I would be getting labs in about 6 weeks. Hopefully my HCT stays in a good range.

USMC

I started using creatine again after a long absence. I would be getting labs in about 6 weeks. Hopefully my HCT stays in a good range.
I'd love to use it again.. if it turns out this isn't the culprit, I'll do it again.

Willyt

How much was your daily creatine intake?

madman

Super Moderator
I'd love to use it again.. if it turns out this isn't the culprit, I'll do it again.

Highly doubtful your elevated HCT was due to the creatine unless you were not taking in enough fluids/electrolytes.

I have been using creatine non stop for 30 years since EAS released Phosphagen commercially back in 1993.

Been on trt for almost 7 years straight.

madman

Super Moderator

*elevated RBCs, hemoglobin and hematocrit: it will take 3-4 months before you notice a drop in those blood markers due to the lifespan RBCs

Screenshot (28155).png

madman

Super Moderator

USMC

I dunno.. Creatine is the only supplement I've added since last December and whammo, high hematocrit and lowered kidney function. Although, my kidneys have improved since stopping, I haven't been tested again yet for hematocrit. Like I said, I'll report back afterwards. I've been on 80mg / week of Test C for over a year and my urologist doesn't think that is the culprit. I guess I'll just have to narrow it down, thanks for your posts.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me