MD Rx'd Trazodone 50mg to my wife (antidepressant)

Buy Lab Tests Online

ratbag

My wife's MD Rx'd her 50mg Trazodone because of insomnia. She has hormonal issues without question. Trazodone is an antidepressant. It is also used as an off-label treatment for insomnia.

from wikipedia:
Trazodone, sold under the brand name Oleptro among others,[SUP][1][/SUP]is an antidepressant of the serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor (SARI) class. It is a phenylpiperazine compound. Trazodone also has anti-anxiety (anxiolytic) and sleep-inducing (hypnotic) effects.[SUP][7][/SUP] Its side-effect profile and potential toxicity are considerably different from those of the original antidepressants (i.e., the monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)

I don't like the idea of using antidepressants because I find mainstream MD's are just parroted sales reps for big pharma.

Does anyone know if it wise to take this stuff?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

codus2112

My last career I was on-call day and night for 12 years and never slept at the same time or on the same day so needless to say i tried every sleep med under the sun and i had terrible insomnia. I did try Trazodone but didnt care for it. It made me extremely light headed etc. That was on 50 mg so maybe try 25? first. Ambien did nothing for me. My absolute favorite was Klonopin, it has been around forever but its addictive and you can only use it for a couple weeks and then take a break. I learned that the hard way as i used it every day for months then had withdrawals coming off of it. Its powerful, I think the pills were 1mg and i cut those in half. I will say though i slept like a baby, no brain fog when you woke up etc. Good luck, insomnia sucks!

Will Brink

Does anyone know if it wise to take this stuff?

Like many, seems individual. Some find it helpful, I found I felt like I'd done shots all night and felt terrible on waking up and a zombie the rest of the day. If I'm going to feel that bad, I at least want to have fun doing it. Perhaps try 25mg and see what the effects are. For me it gave me a hangover minus the fun of making one, so not for me.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me