Is HCG Causing My Anxiety?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have read threads about HCG and problems. feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, extreme restlessness, agitation, muscle aches (especially in my legs in the a.m.), sleep issues, skin f'd up, nausea/GI issues, libido totally gone, and erection floppy and weak at best... feeling like I am dying. is it normal? should I continue? I don't want to **** with estrogen since I have bone issues due to anastrozole use and being shutdown 2 or 3 years ago.. I need to know if hcg really does increase e2 or maybe it's just increasing a number on bloodwork.. I can't have anything in my system that lowers e2 or aromatase.. im already have trouble walking. should I continue with hcg? i'll ask my doctor but in the meantime I need to know if I am not hurting myself with continuing hcg
ive used depakote for about weeek a nd a half whicvh i was prescribed.. learned from wikipedia that it's and aromatase inhibitor and androgen and progesteron antagonist.. quit it 1 week ago as soon as I learned about this.. could it be some hormonal reaction? I am confused as hell right now.. thanks for help!!
im not on hcg solo though im on T+ hcg

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have the same thing going on. feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, extreme restlessness, agitation, muscle aches (especially in my legs in the a.m.), sleep issues, skin f'd up, nausea/GI issues, libido totally gone, and erection floppy and weak at best... feeling like I am dying. is it normal? should I continue? I don't want to **** with estrogen since I have bone issues due to anastrozole use and being shutdown 2 or 3 years ago.. I need to know if hcg really does increase e2 or maybe it's just increasing a number on bloodwork.. I can't have anything in my system that lowers e2 or aromatase.. im already have trouble walking. should I continue with hcg? i'll ask my doctor but in the meantime I need to know if I am not hurting myself with continuing hcg
ive used depakote for about weeek a nd a half whicvh i was prescribed.. learned from wikipedia that it's and aromatase inhibitor and androgen and progesteron antagonist.. quit it 1 week ago as soon as I learned about this.. could it be some hormonal reaction? I am confused as hell right now.. thanks for help!!

there's nothing here to work worth my Friend...rather impossible to help you or have a good conversation with out labs and numbers. I know you have some existing threads maybe you post this issue there where it might make more sense with your history.

I will do bloodwork in few weeks to see whats going on.. i am just very concerned that I was using this drug that I was prescribed Valproic acid has been found to be an antagonist of the androgen and progesterone receptors, and hence as a nonsteroidal antiandrogen and antiprogestogen, at concentrations much lower than therapeutic serum levels.[SUP][61][/SUP] In addition, the drug has been identified as a potent aromatase inhibitor, and suppresses estrogen concentrations.[SUP][62][/SUP] These actions are likely to be involved in the reproductive endocrine disturbances seen with valproic acid treatment.[SUP][61][/SUP][SUP][62]

I only used it for a week and a half but it's aromatase inhibitng effect is very concerning as I already have some bone loss so anything estrogen lowering is a big no for me. will report after labwork[/SUP]

nurselyfe

I will do bloodwork in few weeks to see whats going on.. i am just very concerned that I was using this drug that I was prescribed Valproic acid has been found to be an antagonist of the androgen and progesterone receptors, and hence as a nonsteroidalantiandrogen and antiprogestogen, at concentrations much lower than therapeutic serum levels.[SUP][61][/SUP] In addition, the drug has been identified as a potent aromatase inhibitor, and suppresses estrogen concentrations.[SUP][62][/SUP] These actions are likely to be involved in the reproductive endocrine disturbances seen with valproic acid treatment.[SUP][61][/SUP][SUP][62]

I only used it for a week and a half but it's aromatase inhibitng effect is very concerning as I already have some bone loss so anything estrogen lowering is a big no for me. will report after labwork[/SUP]

hCG does increase serum E2.

How do you know you have bone loss? Have you had a DEXA scan?

1Draw

I have the same thing going on. feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, extreme restlessness, agitation, muscle aches (especially in my legs in the a.m.), sleep issues, skin f'd up, nausea/GI issues, libido totally gone, and erection floppy and weak at best... feeling like I am dying. is it normal? should I continue? I don't want to **** with estrogen since I have bone issues due to anastrozole use and being shutdown 2 or 3 years ago.. I need to know if hcg really does increase e2 or maybe it's just increasing a number on bloodwork.. I can't have anything in my system that lowers e2 or aromatase.. im already have trouble walking. should I continue with hcg? i'll ask my doctor but in the meantime I need to know if I am not hurting myself with continuing hcg

You can discontinue the HCG for 2-3 weeks and see if you feel better. If not, then its not the HCG causing your symptoms. I had similar symptoms and discontinued HCG and after 2-3 weeks symptoms started to improve so, no longer on HCG. You can check out some of the side effects of HCG here:

ww.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-11192/hcg-intramuscular/details#side-effects

Its not for everyone and certainly not for me. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I just want to know if I am on right track I trust my doctor so I would like to continue with protocol he recommended I want to know if it's normal to feel these sides maybe it's body adjusting to hormones or sometimng?

It's your body, listen to it. HCG for me is like DHEA or Anastrozole, they're not appropriate for everyone, may be not needed inspite of labs, or just not well tolerated, but being a blanket inclusion in any protocol should be up how you feel. If you drop HCG for a few weeks and symptoms abate...why keep taking it? Its that kind of logic. I end up using only for the cosmetics of not having my nuts shriveled up but otherwise it might as well just be plain water im injecting...does nothing else for me.

I only am taking it for only did 7 or so shots.. when I first started protocol I felt like crap immediately and stopped after few days but I don't wanna be the guy that doesn't give the treatment a chance.. my dr is Dr Saya if I can't trust him I can't trust nobody.. just curious if it's normal to feel these side effects due to hormonal readjustmant. as I said earlier I was prescribed depakote which I took for 1 week and a half.. turned out its aromatase inhibiotr, anrogent and progesteron antagonist.. maybe thats why I feel weird because it was blocking my hormones and now im off it? I remember feeling similar when my crashed estrogen was crashed that was too years ago.. I felt very out of it, agitated and resstless. could be same thing happening to me? can't freaking believe I am going through this again..

I am starting to think it's not due to the hcg but reaction to hormones that hcg provided (I wasn't using hcg in my trt before). gonna keep myself busy hopefully agitation will go away soon.. feels little uncomfortable as I can't fully relax
t only probably kept me shutdown without pregnenolone and all other stuff being made from cholesterol so anyway it's probably ok to expect some brain rewiring for a while

nurselyfe

I am starting to think it's not due to the hcg but reaction to hormones that hcg provided (I wasn't using hcg in my trt before). gonna keep myself busy hopefully agitation will go away soon.. feels little uncomfortable as I can't fully relax
t only probably kept me shutdown without pregnenolone and all other stuff being made from cholesterol so anyway it's probably ok to expect some brain rewiring for a while

Are your balls responding to the hCG for sure?

simeoni

The times when I felt agitated was when my testosterone levels were too high or estrogen was too low.

I have been following your threads and post's for a while now. You seem to be bringing up a lot of different hypothesis for your symptoms. When was the last time you took a full set of labs to see where you are on a serum level?

Im not saying that your assumption cannot be true. Im just having a hard time understanding why you dont take - and post - any lab work.

1Draw

Only way to know for sure if its the HCG causing your symptoms is to quit taking it for 2-3 weeks, then see how you feel. I am a patient at Defy as well and any MD or nurse will tell you if you are having severe side effects since beginning a new protocol, then cease taking the meds and see how you feel. IMHO.....

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Since your labs are only a couple weeks away, I would try to stay the course. It would be interesting to see your labs and what the adjustment your doctor makes to your protocol.

Being you are at Defy, you can call and get Lab scripts when ever you want them. I've called and gotten a set of Labs just because I was feeling good, I wanted to know where I was for a reference. I dont know your situation, but my insurance covers my lab work, so it doesnt cost me a dime.

I figured out why hcg or T was causing these sides.. few years ago I was having exactly same symptoms when I did few shots of hcg 1500-2000ius... my estradiol was very very low before that so I did 3 hcg shots and few weeks after had all these symptoms.. I don't know why but I think when your e2 raises from too low levels it causes a lot of changes including neurotransmitters (serotonin goes up etc etc) and that might shock the body if it raises rapidly.. I just couldn't understand why it happened this time because I have no idea why my e2 could be low this time again.. about 8 months ago I dropped my testosterone dose to 40mgs of testosterone cypionate twice a week maybe that did me.. There was also one guy who had very low T and very low e2
E2 always low, like 5, 8 or 12
and his doc started him on hcg monotherapy.. here is what happened to him after few weeks on hcg
Started HCG 5 weeks ago, 300iu EOD, sub q, actually felt like it was helping the first few weeks, then things started to go back down hill...the past week especially. I've honestly felt like I am dying...feeling of wanting to jump out of my skin, extreme restlessness, agitation, hopelessness, muscle aches (especially in my legs in the a.m.), sleep issues, skin f'd up, nausea/GI issues, libido totally gone, and erection floppy and weak at best...

after few weeks of hcg his e2 went to 60s so it confirms my theory when your e2 is too low and starts raising you might get all these weird side effects but they subside after time when body adjusts
So I was on right track I just freaked out because I thought something bad was happening to me
I am afraid to use T without hcg from now on because my aromatase activity is so low that without testicular aromatase my e2 can drop too low on testosterone solo.

nurselyfe

I figured out why hcg or T was causing these sides.. few years ago I was having exactly same symptoms when I did few shots of hcg 1500-2000ius... my estradiol was very very low before that so I did 3 hcg shots and few weeks after had all these symptoms.. I don't know why but I think when your e2 raises from too low levels it causes a lot of changes including neurotransmitters (serotonin goes up etc etc) and that might shock the body if it raises rapidly.. I just couldn't understand why it happened this time because I have no idea why my e2 could be low this time again.. about 8 months ago I dropped my testosterone dose to 40mgs of testosterone cypionate twice a week maybe that did me.. There was also one guy who had very low T and very low e2 and his doc started him on hcg monotherapy.. here is what happened to him after few weeks on hcg

after few weeks of hcg his e2 went to 60s so it confirms my theory when your e2 is too low and starts raising you might get all these weird side effects but they subside after time when body adjusts
So I was on right track I just freaked out because I thought something bad was happening to me
I am afraid to use T without hcg from now on because my aromatase activity is so low that without testicular aromatase my e2 can drop too low on testosterone solo.

That is not why. That never ever ever happened to me before I crashed. We both have estrogen insensitivity and E2 going up only makes it worse (permanently). Your aromatase activity is still the same by the way. That did not change.

^
brother I know what I am talking about..
2 and a half years ago my e2 was totally crashed (anastrozole 0.5 every other day for 2 weeks then 1mg every day for week and i am pretty sure I popped 2mg one day).. I had bad anxiety and paranoia the whole time but when my e2 was raising more it was unbereable (the panic and anxiety).. and then you are right the higher it was raising the more low e2 symptoms I was getting for some weird reason that's totally right. but after hcg shots the anxiety got so bad that I was totally dysfunctional and had panic attacks 24/7 with bad physical symptoms and pains for about half a year lol that's how bad crashing e2 can be. I even thought that hcg crashed my e2 even more because the low e2 symtpoms worsened.. you said it's baucease of altered gene expression I think you were right

nurselyfe

^
brother I know what I am talking about..
2 and a half years ago my e2 was totally crashed (anastrozole 0.5 every other day for 2 weeks then 1mg every day for week and i am pretty sure I popped 2mg one day).. I had bad anxiety and paranoia the whole time but when my e2 was raising more it was unbereable (the panic and anxiety).. and then you are right the higher it was raising the more low e2 symptoms I was getting for some weird reason that's totally right. but after hcg shots the anxiety got so bad that I was totally dysfunctional and had panic attacks 24/7 with bad physical symptoms and pains for about half a year lol that's how bad crashing e2 can be. I even thought that hcg crashed my e2 even more because the low e2 symtpoms worsened.. you said it's baucease of altered gene expression I think you were right

yeah that's not normal. i've had my E2 a little low before, and as it went up from not taking arimidex i felt better not worse. but after my crash, when e2 goes up i feel worse and it continues to give me even worse permanent low E2 symptoms

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me