Went in for my hepatitis vaccination, accidentally gave me testosterone!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Systemlord

Well I went in to get my second Hepatitis B vaccination today and thought it was strange the nurses were giving it to me in my glutes and when I asked if she normally gave a Hepatitis C vaccination in the glutes, she looked perplexed. She then told me it was the 50mg testosterone shot, but I told her I have been injecting 50 mg twice a week at home now for 5 weeks. There's really no confusion on my part as I'll just skip my Monday morning injection.

However I've noticed something I haven't noticed for 5 weeks, when I was on weekly injections (glutes) each time I got my injection I always felt a mental/physical calmness come over me that's quite intoxicating and relaxing and I haven't experienced this since switching to twice weekly injections even with an increased in dosage. When I switched to twice weekly injections my dosage was increased from 75mg to 100mg, I injected 50mg last night and twice weekly this put at around 850-950 ng/dL.

Now that I'm back to feeling a relaxing and calmness come over me after injection does this mean that for whatever reason my body prefers larger weekly glute injections versus smaller injections in my quads? The reason I switched to injections twice a week was do to my SHBG being @18 nmol (11-78 nmol) 4 weeks into TRT, I've been on TRT for 5 months now.

Thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MG123

What was your trough T level when injecting once per week?

With you lower SHBG, it is wise to switch to smaller, more frequent injections. But really, if you felt better injecting once per week, then switch back and see if you continue to feel better than twice per week. A good subjective response is more important than numbers in my opinion when it comes to TRT. I personally have an SHBG at around your number, and I inject EOD.

Systemlord

What was your trough T level when injecting once per week?

With you lower SHBG, it is wise to switch to smaller, more frequent injections. But really, if you felt better injecting once per week, then switch back and see if you continue to feel better than twice per week. A good subjective response is more important than numbers in my opinion when it comes to TRT. I personally have an SHBG at around your number, and I inject EOD.

I wonder if it could be the fact that I've had 3 injections for this week rather than only 2 injections, but then it wouldn't make any sense if I felt this way on weekly injections. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a response to getting more T as I felt this way for 3 days after my weekly injections, then it would start all over again on next injection. I'm more annoyed for the fact that I wanted to maintain consistency in my protocol, instead I've been thrown a curveball.

I was quite surprised to feel this way again today and rather disappointed that I didn't notice that I didn't feel this way since making the switch to twice weekly. My T levels didn't fluctuate much on weekly injections, typically on 75mg weekly would put me at around 550 on peak and my trough level was 450. It would be interesting to found out if there are others who have similar experiences when making a change on injection frequency.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I wonder if it could be the fact that I've had 3 injections for this week rather than only 2 injections, but then it wouldn't make any sense if I felt this way on weekly injections. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a response to getting more T as I felt this way for 3 days after my weekly injections, then it would start all over again on next injection. I'm more annoyed for the fact that I wanted to maintain consistency in my protocol, instead I've been thrown a curveball.

I was quite surprised to feel this way again today and rather disappointed that I didn't notice that I didn't feel this way since making the switch to twice weekly. My T levels didn't fluctuate much on weekly injections, typically on 75mg weekly would put me at around 550 on peak and my trough level was 450. It would be interesting to found out if there are others who have similar experiences when making a change on injection frequency.

75mg/week is absurdly low and to shut down your hpta for a peak of 550 is it really worth it?

This feeling you have right now would be interesting if you feel that way thru to your next injection. I doubt it but it is interesting but Im going with placebo; all in your head.

This feeling you have right now would be interesting if you feel that way thru to your next injection. I doubt it but it is interesting but Im going with placebo; all in your head.

Kind of what I was thinking as well. I am however curious at the SHBG being called low @ 18. What is the cut off that makes ones SHBG truly low enough to benefit from EOD or ED injections? 18 is 7 points above the low of his ref range, mine is 6 points above the low ref range, thats why I am curious. Been threatening ED or EOD for a while now, just havent had enough of a push to try it, this just may be it.

Systemlord

Kind of what I was thinking as well. I am however curious at the SHBG being called low @ 18. What is the cut off that makes ones SHBG truly low enough to benefit from EOD or ED injections? 18 is 7 points above the low of his ref range, mine is 6 points above the low ref range, thats why I am curious. Been threatening ED or EOD for a while now, just havent had enough of a push to try it, this just may be it.

I've always wondered if I had my labs done at labcorp for SHBG with their ranges would I come in a little higher since their bottom end of the range is higher when compared with my Kaiser labs. I was responding to weekly injection just fine and only made the change to twice weekly based on everything I've learned on these forums, it wasn't motivated by anything else other than I wanted to accelerate the recovery process.

@madman: My endo started me off on 75mg weekly with the intention of gradually increasing the dosage every couple of months rather than starting me out on the high side and having to reduce the dosage. Honestly I don't yet know if switching to twice weekly injections have made much difference, I've been on this protocol for 5 weeks. If I did say it has made a difference it might have been in my head, this is something that I tend to do and I need to be a little more objective.

18 is low enough that I would probably suggest EOD based on that and your own comfort of going to more frequent sticks. It could be that @ 18 and shooting once per week, that you get enough of a hormonal rush that you can have this subjective feeling of whatever that you like. But at 18 you're probably returning to a low T state on days 5/6/7 thats why I wondered how you would feel on the backend of this once weekly regimen.

I forget whatever SHBG I had on weekly let's say it was ~20 but I'd get shot with 100mg on Monday night and by Fri/Sat/Sun I was so run down I was just trying to make it to Monday night again. I'd have about 3 good to fair days out of the week...the rollercoaster of ups and downs was pretty rough.

Systemlord

18 is low enough that I would probably suggest EOD based on that and your own comfort of going to more frequent sticks. It could be that @ 18 and shooting once per week, that you get enough of a hormonal rush that you can have this subjective feeling of whatever that you like. But at 18 you're probably returning to a low T state on days 5/6/7 thats why I wondered how you would feel on the backend of this once weekly regimen.

I forget whatever SHBG I had on weekly let's say it was ~20 but I'd get shot with 100mg on Monday night and by Fri/Sat/Sun I was so run down I was just trying to make it to Monday night again. I'd have about 3 good to fair days out of the week...the rollercoaster of ups and downs was pretty rough.

I may have felt a little low towards the end of the week injecting once a week, however I never feel the swings E3.5D. Is 5 weeks enough time to tell whether or not switching to twice weekly made a difference or not? If I was to go from weekly shots to injecting EOD would this allow my SHBG to increase slightly in the same way my estrogen would decrease?

Last edited:
I may have felt a little low towards the end of the week injecting once a week, however I never feel the swings E3.5D. Is 5 weeks enough time to tell whether or not switching to twice weekly made a difference or not? If I was to go from weekly shots to injecting EOD would this allow my SHBG to increase slightly in the same way my estrogen would decrease?

Nothing is linear like that; 5 weeks should be enough to start to see if/any improvement exists for you.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me