syringe confusion - dead space etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online

crazyhaha

I have been injecting 0.25 ml Test. Cypionate, IM in the glutes, every other day. I currently use a 1cc, 25g 5/8" leur lok syringe/needle.

I was originally taking it 2x a week, so I drew with a 21g and switched to the 25g to inject. Now, I don't switch.

But, it seems like I'm wasting meds as there is always some left between the syringe and needle.

I tried to order syringes with permanent needles, but I got "slip lock" needles.

I'm not stupid, but the syringe jargon is pissing me off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what kind of syringe I might be looking for.

Maybe when I have a chance I need to find a glossary of needle terminology and post it.

Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I use Easy Touch insulin syringes 29 gauge half inch for both shallow IM testosterone and HCG injections.

madman

Super Moderator
I have been injecting 0.25 ml Test. Cypionate, IM in the glutes, every other day. I currently use a 1cc, 25g 5/8" leur lok syringe/needle.

I was originally taking it 2x a week, so I drew with a 21g and switched to the 25g to inject. Now, I don't switch.

But, it seems like I'm wasting meds as there is always some left between the syringe and needle.

I tried to order syringes with permanent needles, but I got "slip lock" needles.

I'm not stupid, but the syringe jargon is pissing me off. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what kind of syringe I might be looking for.

Maybe when I have a chance I need to find a glossary of needle terminology and post it.

Thanks!

Switch to fixed insulin syringes!

F722_4_2_new.jpgA310_2_4.jpg

user_joe

The 27ga needles I have waste 7iu of test per use. Says so on the label. I use those to backfill 30ga insulin needles, but I noticed The insulin needle was always reading a little less than what I thought I put in. Those 30ga needles ware about 1iu each. I measured it out once, and 210mg/wk was actually 196/wk as far as what got injected with this daily dosing and backfilling technique. Not really a big problem, but I got curious. Blood tests reflected this compared to previous protocols best I could tell.

Saul

I noticed this too with my last set of syringes - a lot of dead space. .05 ml. I compared it to an earlier syringe/needle and the earlier design (BD Integra) had almost zero deadspace. Both BD brand. I wish there was a list of low deadspace needles. I don't know how to tell if a syringe/needle is low deadspace or not ???

madman

Super Moderator
I noticed this too with my last set of syringes - a lot of dead space. .05 ml. I compared it to an earlier syringe/needle and the earlier design (BD Integra) had almost zero deadspace. Both BD brand. I wish there was a list of low deadspace needles. I don't know how to tell if a syringe/needle is low deadspace or not ???

All insulin syringes with fixed needle are LDS and there are detachable LDS needles- plastic neck that fits within neck of standard syringe hub.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me