Stopping testosterone therapy to check other hormone levles

Buy Lab Tests Online

woodhink

I was diagnosed with low testosterone at the age of 28-years-old with levels as low as 231 ng/dl. My doctor prescribed Androgel for me and I immediately began using it on a daily basis. I took it for about a year and a half and have become quite dependent on it. Recently I changed insurance plans and started to see a new doctor. I told him that I wanted to be tested for all kinds of levels including LH, FSH, SHBG, cortisol, estrogen, and prolactin. He told me that in order to get a good idea of where I was at on these levels that I would have to stop taking testosterone for six months. From there, he said, we can run the blood tests and know where the levels are. I have two questions. First, is it true that I need to stop taking testosterone to check my levels of all these various hormones? Second, if I do need to stop taking testosterone to be tested, does anyone have any references that indicate how long I need to wait to make sure the levels are accurate? My doctor admitted that even he did not know exactly how long I need to wait but that he thinks it is about six months. I'd like to have a more definite answer or some kind of reference or evidence that recommends a time period. I am going to try to make it six months without testosterone but I remember how difficult it was to concentrate before and I am worried because I need to be able to concentrate at work. Any help is very much appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You're Doctor is not trained in TRT for men; if so, he would never tell you to stop your HRT protocol to conduct base line testing after the amount of time you've been on protocol.

What were you diagnosed with at the age of 28 to be hypogonadal in the first place? At that age your androgen levels should have been peaking.

Your low serum levels at that age would cause the astute Physician to rule out all types of pathologies and other conditions such as aas use and/or drug use and/or lifstyle behaviors.

You are now HPTA suppressed and if you stop you will crash and HPTA will not re-start on its own. This will cause not only your Testosterone levels to tank but the entire androgen pathway will be compromised due to HPTA suppression which will have a negative effect on your overall hormonal homeostasis...what this means you will not get an accurate base line because your androgen pathway is compromised.

IMHO, you would be better off just staying on your current protocol, assuming your labs indicated that you are at optimal levels, and just make sure that all other hormones in your body are at near or at optimal levels.

TRT is for life and there is no stopping for base line testing after the amount of time you've been on protocol.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have no idea why anyone would want to do this. Are you concerned about having children? Why not just optimize your testosterone? Why do you want LH and FSH back? Don't you know your pre TRT values?

woodhink

Maybe my concern stems from a misunderstanding. While I have experienced many benefits from TRT (improved cognition, more energy), I still struggle to build muscle mass and I have never been able to lose weight around my abdomen. I am wondering if it is due to high prolactin levels which may also be the cause of my low testosterone. My question is how much effect does TRT have on prolactin levels? Specifically, would prolactin levels vary pre-TRT versus 1.5 years into TRT?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Maybe my concern stems from a misunderstanding. While I have experienced many benefits from TRT (improved cognition, more energy), I still struggle to build muscle mass and I have never been able to lose weight around my abdomen. I am wondering if it is due to high prolactin levels which may also be the cause of my low testosterone. My question is how much effect does TRT have on prolactin levels? Specifically, would prolactin levels vary pre-TRT versus 1.5 years into TRT?

You need to get a complete blood work up done and post here for our response.

Anything else is speculation.

There are a lot of reasons why you could feel like you do.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me