Question about what my physician is telling me. PLEASE HELP

Buy Lab Tests Online

RyanZ

Hey guys so I posted on here A while ago that I had low T.

For some quick background knowledge

I just turned 20 today, and I have been researching low T.

So I orginally took a test from labcorp saying I had a T level of 253 ng/dl. so I went to the physician to see what I could do and he took a blood test 3 weeks ago and I got my results today. Apparently I am borderlining Low T at 389 ng/dL.

He said he won't give me treatment because I am 20 and I want to remain fertile.
Also because doctors will try to make money off me from this and I would be on it the rest of my life.

He then recommended that I do a complete diet where I eat nothing with preservatives which is also very expensive and inconvient, also extremely difficult. He said this is why T is Low in america which I can't whole heartdly disagree, but I am having some conflicting thoughts now.

I thought eating healthy does boost your T some, but not much (not saying a bad diet helps at all, I don't have an extremely bad one or anything) is this true?

I also read there is a way you can become fertile on trt using clomid?

Is my T really just Low because of shitty food over the years?

What should I do? should I seek out another physician or just drop trying to get higher T or go with the diet?

I am really confused, please help thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
For your age I do think TRT would be innappropriate except in an extreme case where everything else has been investigated and ruled out. A low T lab test is just a snapshot of a really larger picture about Thyroid, Pituitary, Testes, and so forth. Diet and exercise are the obvious first choices here, at 20 a life time of Cyp inj shouldn't be where you're pointed at. as for fertility that can be maintained with HCG if all else fails.

Things you should be testing: Total T, Free T, SHBG, Sensitive Estradiol, TSH, T3, T4, Free T3 and Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Antibodies, LH, FSH, and then the routine CBC and CMP. Other tests come to mind but I think that would round out a comprehensive look. Remember to fast 8-10hrs water only and do your labs NLT 8AM.

RyanZ

For your age I do think TRT would be innappropriate except in an extreme case where everything else has been investigated and ruled out. A low T lab test is just a snapshot of a really larger picture about Thyroid, Pituitary, Testes, and so forth. Diet and exercise are the obvious first choices here, at 20 a life time of Cyp inj shouldn't be where you're pointed at. as for fertility that can be maintained with HCG if all else fails.

Things you should be testing: Total T, Free T, SHBG, Sensitive Estradiol, TSH, T3, T4, Free T3 and Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroid Antibodies, LH, FSH, and then the routine CBC and CMP. Other tests come to mind but I think that would round out a comprehensive look. Remember to fast 8-10hrs water only and do your labs NLT 8AM.

Okay so go for the diet, then take a deep look at all of these. I realize all this stuff needs a comprehensive look so is there a book where I can learn what all these numbers mean that you can reccomend?

Also how much do you think food effects T levels?

JMP

Hey Ryan, a few things come to mind as I read your post. I believe environmental factors (including food, pesticides, plastics, etc) are hurting the testosterone of many men in developed countries. With that said, at 20 you owe it to yourself to make a real effort to control what you can that may effect your T levels. Basics would be to supplement vitamin D and get your level checked if you can, Zinc supplementation has been know to help as well. Use natural soaps like DR bronnners or other instead of products like Dial soap, etc. Make sure you get a good night sleep almost every night. Stay away from alcohol and drugs which can both lower testosterone levels. If you aren't sleeping well and aren't directly the cause of it (partying, staying up late, caffeine,etc.) then have yourself checked for sleep apnea, another testosterone killer. After trying those things, get your test level checked again after a few months of concerted effort. If at that point your levels are still low you can talk to a doctor about low dose clomid therapy (without testosterone). That has a chance to enhance your fertility and stimulate your body to produce more natural testosterone. If 3-6 months of clomid doesn't work, only then at your age would I consider Testosterone therapy. It is for most a lifelong personal and for most financial commitment. Finally, many men stay fertile while on testosterone by using HCG (not clomid) in conjunction with it.

JMP

As far as food, sugar should be reduced and protein increased to help T levels if you are not eating that way already.

RyanZ

Hey Ryan, a few things come to mind as I read your post. I believe environmental factors (including food, pesticides, plastics, etc) are hurting the testosterone of many men in developed countries. With that said, at 20 you owe it to yourself to make a real effort to control what you can that may effect your T levels. Basics would be to supplement vitamin D and get your level checked if you can, Zinc supplementation has been know to help as well. Use natural soaps like DR bronnners or other instead of products like Dial soap, etc. Make sure you get a good night sleep almost every night. Stay away from alcohol and drugs which can both lower testosterone levels. If you aren't sleeping well and aren't directly the cause of it (partying, staying up late, caffeine,etc.) then have yourself checked for sleep apnea, another testosterone killer. After trying those things, get your test level checked again after a few months of concerted effort. If at that point your levels are still low you can talk to a doctor about low dose clomid therapy (without testosterone). That has a chance to enhance your fertility and stimulate your body to produce more natural testosterone. If 3-6 months of clomid doesn't work, only then at your age would I consider Testosterone therapy. It is for most a lifelong personal and for most financial commitment. Finally, many men stay fertile while on testosterone by using HCG (not clomid) in conjunction with it.

hey this really helps alot, thanks for commenting. Yeah this will be an exteremly tough diet, I am not hooked on caffiene/alcohol/drugs, but I eat a mix of healthy/processed foods and getting off that is going to be nuts for my body

Matt Leiser

It's not as bad as you think getting off the processed foods and excess sugar. It's one of the best things I have done for myself. I was already on t when I made my switch. You loose the cravings for the garbage and crave the good stuff. As far as sauces for your meat, go for the butter, demiglaze, hollandaise. Just make sure it's grass fed organic meat.

"Let's food be thy medicine"

Blackhawk

I found a lot of good info both at PEAK testosterone regarding natural ways to increase T, and applied a lot of it to achieve some minor gains, but I am 58 years old and I believe that if I was your age I might have even better outcomes from natural means. Don't take all of their info as gospel though, seems some is pretty solid, some controversial at best, and especially when it comes to supposed miracle supplements/herbs, they really don't do much.

Echo all of what JMP said. I'd emphasize balanced clean diet, avoid estrogenic foods (Soy flax etc), avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals, plastics, cosmetics, everything down to what you use to wash your dishes, work out hard but avoiding over training, and tend more towards heavy weight low rep and HIIT rather than long endurance exercise. Have good sex with a partner. Enjoy life and don't become anxiously stressed over it!

Re: your meat sauce, depends what's in the sauce. Most are full of sugar, flavor enhancers including MSG and it's many derivatives and mimics etc. To me it's better to re-pattern your tastes to get equal enjoyment out of simple natural foods. Try things like simple salt, lime and chilis rather than sugared BBQ sauce, A1, ketchup etc

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonLu

Exactly!!!!

Joey786

When did you start puberty? I have a friend that didn't start puberty till he was 19-20. When it started though it hit hard and now he's actually very masculine.

CSI007

Also,
When did you get your blood tested? Do it first thing in the morning. Otherwise you may be looking at values that are at a low point through out the day.

RyanZ

When did you start puberty? I have a friend that didn't start puberty till he was 19-20. When it started though it hit hard and now he's actually very masculine.
It depends what do you consider puberty? - I already have a lot of hair on my legs, face, arms, and pubes. I have a deep voice. Although no real muscle gain

RyanZ

Also,
When did you get your blood tested? Do it first thing in the morning. Otherwise you may be looking at values that are at a low point through out the day.
That is a possibility I do not remember the exact times I took the test, but I know the second blood test was around 1-3pm. Did not think about that

RyanZ

I found a lot of good info both at PEAK testosterone regarding natural ways to increase T, and applied a lot of it to achieve some minor gains, but I am 58 years old and I believe that if I was your age I might have even better outcomes from natural means. Don't take all of their info as gospel though, seems some is pretty solid, some controversial at best, and especially when it comes to supposed miracle supplements/herbs, they really don't do much.

Echo all of what JMP said. I'd emphasize balanced clean diet, avoid estrogenic foods (Soy flax etc), avoid endocrine disrupting chemicals, plastics, cosmetics, everything down to what you use to wash your dishes, work out hard but avoiding over training, and tend more towards heavy weight low rep and HIIT rather than long endurance exercise. Have good sex with a partner. Enjoy life and don't become anxiously stressed over it!

Re: your meat sauce, depends what's in the sauce. Most are full of sugar, flavor enhancers including MSG and it's many derivatives and mimics etc. To me it's better to re-pattern your tastes to get equal enjoyment out of simple natural foods. Try things like simple salt, lime and chilis rather than sugared BBQ sauce, A1, ketchup etc

Gotcha I have been reading up lots on how estrogen is in lots of plastics thanks for the knowledge!

RyanZ

It's not as bad as you think getting off the processed foods and excess sugar. It's one of the best things I have done for myself. I was already on t when I made my switch. You loose the cravings for the garbage and crave the good stuff. As far as sauces for your meat, go for the butter, demiglaze, hollandaise. Just make sure it's grass fed organic meat.

"Let's food be thy medicine"
Yeah it is kind of a big thing in my head cause ya know I have never had anything like this, but thanks for the sauce reccomendation - I have to be careful because I like asian food (not carryout lol) - soy I have a big taste for soy sauce and noodles. Is their anything such as good noodles or good wheat bread?

madman

Super Moderator
Okay so go for the diet, then take a deep look at all of these. I realize all this stuff needs a comprehensive look so is there a book where I can learn what all these numbers mean that you can reccomend?

Also how much do you think food effects T levels?

Regarding diet fats are critical to a mans healthy t levels mainly saturated/monounsaturated fats and of course CHOLESTEROL- the raw material for testosterone production. Try to get at least 30-40% of your macros as fats from grass fed butter/ pasture raised eggs especially the yolk for the cholesterol/grass fed beef/virgin coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil/avocados/virgin macadamia oil/whole milk! Low fat diets are not good for testosterone production. Trust me at your age adding fats to your diet will make a difference.

http://jap.physiology.org/content/82/1/49.long

Matt Leiser

Yeah it is kind of a big thing in my head cause ya know I have never had anything like this, but thanks for the sauce reccomendation - I have to be careful because I like asian food (not carryout lol) - soy I have a big taste for soy sauce and noodles. Is their anything such as good noodles or good wheat bread?

Dont get me wrong. The first few days are a little tough as you get rid of the cravings. Take out Asian food for me is out. Noodles or rice (occasionally some brown rice) plus the soy is stuff I avoid. I will do sashimi every now and then.

I dont know of any good noodles but know they make Ezekiel bread. It is a sprouted grain bread lower on the glycemic index I found in the freezer in the organic section of the supermarket. I personally don't eat it but my wife does and seems to enjoy it.

Joey786

It depends what do you consider puberty? - I already have a lot of hair on my legs, face, arms, and pubes. I have a deep voice. Although no real muscle gain

Sounds like you went through normal puberty. Muscle gain is not a great indicator of puberty. Many males are very thin at puberty.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me