Puzzled by latest labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

rhino5169

Ok guys, i'd like some opinions on what this means, especially if chris vettester would chime in with these thyroid results.

I've posted here and there in between labs, so here it is in one thread, with labs.
I wont have a Dr. consult for several weeks at minimum, but yes ultimately these labs will be discussed and modified with him.

I will post below but here are my main concerns.

First, my protocol is:
Test cyp total of 198mg per week injected m/w/f 66mg each time.
HCG total of 900 mg per week also divided m/w/f 300mg each time
test cream 2 clicks daily
anastrozole .125mg monday through friday
dhea 50mg daily
np thyroid 4 grains daily

current labs taken 8-28. Previous labs taken 6/2, so just shy of 12 weeks apart.

First the comparisons:
im listing the test then the range then the result from june then the current result

total test current range 264-916 (range in june was 348-1197) , 1089 - 1021 (down slighly)

free test (6.8 - 21) 23.1 -> 34.9 (up significantly)

SHBG (16.5-55.9) 36.5 -> 27.5 (down)

Estradiol Sensitive (80-35) 53 -> 62 (up significantly. Keeps going up. Before the 53 it was a 48 at prior labs)
DHEA sulfate (71.6-375) 284.9 -> 472.8 (way up)
DHT (30-85) 76 -> 147 (high)

Iron serum (38-169) 37 ->102 (way up)
TIBC (250-450) 341 -> 354
UIBC (111-343) 304 -> 252 (down)
Iron saturation (15-55%) 11 -> 29
Ferritin serum (30-400) 20 -> 62 (way up)

T4 Free direct (.82-1.77) 1.24 -> 1.4

TSH (.450-4.5) 2.24 -> .212 (way down!)

Triiodothyronine free serum (2.0-4.4) 3.0 -> 6.5 (way high)

The following are current results, no results from june for these but i may have results from prior to june. If needed i will search for them and post but these are the current numbers:

Reverse T3 (9.2-24) 21.9

TPO antibody (0-34) 8 (low?)
Thyroglobulin antibody (.0-.9) <1.0

----------------------------------------------------

How do I feel is the next question.
Not great. Better than before trt started 7 months ago but nowhere near good. Knd of like im in limbo, waiting for things to get better. Still periods of anxiety, libido ok not great but function not good at all, slightly more energy since being on thyroid but that has leveled out and receeded somewhat. I started 2 grains daily and up to 4 grains daily.
Not losing weight though eating clean and working out, sometimes bloated and puffy.
Sometimes irritable, especially between doses.

Should I be thinking to increase anastrozole?
Thyroid?
Thanks

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

Your HbA1C is high, it says you are diabetic? Are you taking meds for this?

Your Ferritin is low.. yes it's in range but we know with it that low you are hypothyroid which explains your high RT3. So you are suffering low iron and hypothtyroidism. This alone makes you feel like crap. I think most people who are on thyroid meds need their ferritin between 120 and 150 in order for your thyroid to start working again.

With your FT3 over range and your FT4 high you can probably cut back to taking 3 grains.

Your E2 may look a little high but do you have any symptoms of high E2?

rhino5169

Yes im diabetic. Still working on a1c but its down from a 13 to what it is now. The last few labs its been 6.5 and 6.6.
I have dawn phenomenon which is why it is always high when fasted in the am.
This is important but right now its secondary.

E2 looks a "little" low?
symptoms:
some bloating,
puffiness
moody!
erectile function not good
not losing weight

So my iron numbers are much improved from last labs.
The only thing different is have been taking 4 grains daily instead of 2 and I also took a blood builder supplement for about 2-3 weeks only.

How would I get my ferritin much higher to where it should be?

Yes I feel kind of crappy, not as bad as used to but only slightly better.
Frustrated.
I know some will say its only been 7 months, but on the other hand, its been 7 months.

Thanks

ratbag

In my last post I referred to your E2 as being a little high. The symptoms your describing could just be hypothyroidism.

Yes your iron numbers improved quite a bit but your still low. I would check with your MD but I would say you likely need to start supplementing iron to get your ferritin and iron serum higher. This would lower your RT3 and get your thyroid working normally and certainly reduce the symptoms you have now.

In my last post I referred to your E2 as being a little high. The symptoms your describing could just be hypothyroidism.

Yes your iron numbers improved quite a bit but your still low. I would check with your MD but I would say you likely need to start supplementing iron to get your ferritin and iron serum higher. This would lower your RT3 and get your thyroid working normally and certainly reduce the symptoms you have now.

I completely agree with this and your previous comment on the 'beetus. Anastrozole shouldn't even be on your radar right now...larger issues to tackle which you are doing with your A1C

I suggest reading about Reverse T3 and pooling and as mentioned you have an iron deficiency (perhaps) and this Ferritin. It does seem to me that your Thyroid treatment needs a tune up.

rhino5169

Ok thanks for the tips guys.

I am going to get into this reverse t3 and ferritin and see what I learn.
I picked up some 'blood builder' today. In between these 2 labs I took it for about 2.5 weeks and levels went up. I'll now see if I take consistently if I can bring up even more.

Hopefully my current issues have more to do with this than my E number, as you guys elude to.

Thanks again. Sometimes it feels as if im chasing a ghost, so all info is most definitely appreciated.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Rhino, tell me more about your NDT dosage and protocol? Are you splitting your medication? Also, when did you take your medication on the day that you had labs drawn?

Agree with Ratbag, you're going in the right direction with iron & ferritin, but it needs to come up. Aim to get your Iron Serum in the 130-150 range, and ferritin maybe in the 100 - 120 range. Some good elemental iron will help, stack it with vitamin C. Make sure your vitamin D and magnesium intake is also adequate.

rhino5169

Rhino, tell me more about your NDT dosage and protocol? Are you splitting your medication? Also, when did you take your medication on the day that you had labs drawn?

Agree with Ratbag, you're going in the right direction with iron & ferritin, but it needs to come up. Aim to get your Iron Serum in the 130-150 range, and ferritin maybe in the 100 - 120 range. Some good elemental iron will help, stack it with vitamin C. Make sure your vitamin D and magnesium intake is also adequate.

Ndt
Ndt started at 1 grain few months ago then went to 2, then went to 4 where it's been for approx 3 or 4 weeks. I take it all in the morning when I get up or sometimes if if wake up early ill take ifllt then go back to bed. I don't eat anything for an hour or 2 afterwards and don't even drink my bcaas for about 45 minutes.
The morning of labs, I don't remember if I took before or about fer to be honest. What I do remember is thinking about it and thinking it shouldn't make a difference though I don't remember if I took it or not. I do not inject or take anything else before any labs.

I take at least 100 mg of vitamin c daily. Does that need to be taken at same time as iron supplement?
I take 100iu of vit d eod, and 40mg magnesium daily.

I take blood builder.
https://megafood.com/store/en/blood-builder/

Seems like it works bease my numbers improved after taking it for only a short time. Is that good or is there something different you'd recommend?

Thanks Chris.

rhino5169

I like that blood builder, Ive been using VitronC as I already had two bottles of it.

Iron and associated things are all new to me.
I just looked at the one you mentioned and it has more per dose. Im wondering if there is a difference in types of iron (I see it listed different ways), and if its better than the blood builder or if the blood builder is better because it has the few added ingredients?

rhino5169

It's np throid.
Yes after thinking about it I probably did take it before those labs.

I'm back down to 3 grains daily and have added a supplement called A-drenal, which has helped. Definitely notice a difference

Last edited:

dobrien

Test cyp total of 198mg per week injected m/w/f 66mg each time.
HCG total of 900 mg per week also divided m/w/f 300mg each time
test cream 2 clicks daily
anastrozole .125mg monday through friday
dhea 50mg daily
np thyroid 4 grains daily

Am I reading that right? You take injection test cyp 198 mg weekley
and test cream? If so that could explain some of he elevation you are seeing. I am no expert but based on other protocols I see on here that seems like a lot.

Your T both free and total are high, and even though you are taking anastrozole 125mg through Friday, your estridiol is high as well, not to mention your DHEA. I am a little surprised that this was not mentioned already, or maybe I missed it.

rhino5169

Yes thats right, except 3 grains daily now not 4 of np throid.
Also, currentl the Anastrozole is .25 on injection days (m/w/f) and .125 on tuesday / thursday.

I havent had labs done yet at 3 grains daily.

before implementing the cream and dhea, both were extremely low.

dobrien

Did you make any changes to your protocol at the same time you added the cream? Were you always taking the injections at the same quantity and frequency? Is the test cyp legit? I hate to ask that but 198 mg weekly (66mg 3 times a week) is a significant amount to not see better results.

Also if the cream helped out that much, you might want to talk to your doctor about less test cyp per week.

rhino5169

Did you make any changes to your protocol at the same time you added the cream? Were you always taking the injections at the same quantity and frequency? Is the test cyp legit? I hate to ask that but 198 mg weekly (66mg 3 times a week) is a significant amount to not see better results.

Also if the cream helped out that much, you might want to talk to your doctor about less test cyp per week.

Thanks for asking, I need and appreciate the feedback.
Only changes to protocol have been minor. I've always injected m/w/f both test cyp and hcg.
Hcg has always been the same if I recall, and the test was initially 60mg 3x a week for a total of 180.
On Sunday nights, like tonight, I do feel pretty irritable because it's the longest span between injecti ok ns, if that means anything.

What type of better results should I be seeing at this dose?
I've wondered if it is enough, but if I take more then my estrogen will go even higher.
Why would lowering the test does help?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching