could high cortisol be the cause of me feeling my heart beat CONSTANTLY?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Can high cortisol cause you to feel your heart be constantly? I've don't some research and can't get a solid answer. It does say the feeling of your heart beat can be caused my stress (which cortisol is the stress hormone) so I would assume if a person might have high cortisol it could be the cause of being able to feel your heart pound. Thanks guys

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Can high cortisol cause you to feel your heart be constantly? I've don't some research and can't get a solid answer. It does say the feeling of your heart beat can be caused my stress (which cortisol is the stress hormone) so I would assume if a person might have high cortisol it could be the cause of being able to feel your heart pound. Thanks guys

Do you suffer from anxiety?

partially from my post on PeakT I've wondered if it's an Adrenaline problem as I've tested very low on Cortisol twice with the 4 tube saliva method. In my case a beta blocker (Metoprolol XR 25mg) does calm me just a little bit. 50mg actualyl lowers my BP and HR but Beta's have bad sexual side effects as reported.

I do have anxiety but I've had anxiety as long as I can remeber. But my anxiety has always had a trigger. And when I do get anxiety once I'm out of the situation my body calms back down. I've been on medication my whole life for it. This feeling of my heart beat and constant adrenaline feeling is something that started about 1.5 years ago. It's the same feeling as when you get an adrenaline rush from a roller coaster, street race, ect. Except mine never comes back down. luckiky at night with the help of melatonin I'm able to get about 3-4 hours of sleep but I wake up out of a dead sleep every morning with this feeling. It's the worst in the morning and calms down slightly around 2-3pm. Also what I find is weird is that the first experience I've ever had of this feeling waking me up is when I hit puberty. It's last a few months and then went away until about 1.5 years ago. As I'm writing this I can feel each individual heart beat. I try not to pay attention to it but that's easier said then done.

hva

I get that kind of anxiety when my E2 is too low. Before TRT I basically lived in that state for four years. Now if I take too much AI and crash E2 I'll get that way for a few days. Do you have a HR monitor to see where your resting heart rate is? I take a very low dose beta blocker for hypertension and it helps bring my HR down but it has some ED side effects that are very unwelcome.

I do have anxiety but I've had anxiety as long as I can remeber. But my anxiety has always had a trigger. And when I do get anxiety once I'm out of the situation my body calms back down. I've been on medication my whole life for it. This feeling of my heart beat and constant adrenaline feeling is something that started about 1.5 years ago. It's the same feeling as when you get an adrenaline rush from a roller coaster, street race, ect. Except mine never comes back down. luckiky at night with the help of melatonin I'm able to get about 3-4 hours of sleep but I wake up out of a dead sleep every morning with this feeling. It's the worst in the morning and calms down slightly around 2-3pm. Also what I find is weird is that the first experience I've ever had of this feeling waking me up is when I hit puberty. It's last a few months and then went away until about 1.5 years ago. As I'm writing this I can feel each individual heart beat. I try not to pay attention to it but that's easier said then done.

Woudl you say you have this adrenaline feeling but you're still tired in any way?

I did a whole workup with a cardiologist recently, I've long been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse but it's benign/normal for me, always has been. But one main complaint I was making with him was why my pulse is so high, why it's racing, why I'm sitting in his office and pushing 95-100bpm for no reason at all. Beta's do help me in that regard but as mentioned the sexual sides I chose not to mess with. I sometimes can wake up heart racing. In all the cardio workups I've had in ~30 years I've never been diagnosed with a real problem.

Man that sounds crazy. It's such a terrible feeling. I feel like I'm stuck in the flight or fight response. And I don't know about with everyone when I get an adrenaline feeling my stomach gets up set to. So my stomach is pretty much always up set withnwhat I having going on. I've had colonoscopy and endoscopy also and I have been told everything looked great. I feel like I could be cortisol or adrenal issues. Especially because of the feeling of the flight or fight response. When it gets real bad I have to have a bowl movement as well. Which is part of th flight or fight response is that you dump your bodily fluids.

ratbag

Have you tested your cortisol levels? If not you probably should because I had adrenal insufficiency. I took the saliva test from ZRT labs and I was below range at all 4 times. I had the same symptoms you have, all of them. My MD put me on hydro cortisone permanently and I felt so much better after that. All this to say proper saliva labs will determine if you have too little or too much. Cortisol is critical for your other hormones. If your too low it compromises your thyroid and TRT. So it's one of the first hormones that need to get verified. Unfortunately most primary care physicians only take cortisol serum level's from a blood test and those only show if you have Addisons or not... it dosen't show adrenal insufficiency. No surprise there huh.

I hate you had to go through what I'm feeling. To be it's one of the worst feelings I've ever had. I'm a patient of defy medical and du saya is my doc. I had a lot of blood work done by endo before knowing about defy so they were able to use the blood work from the endo and yep, all they tested what cortisol through blood. Dr saya said I'm a more involved paitienrnso he wanted to do my follow up in 2 month (which will be October 16th) instead of 3 months. And with that he will be doing a acth test ( they do blood work through labcorp, and I don't see acth as a test that they have) and a 4 point saliva test.
So you had low cortisol but you felt like you had to much adrenaline, feeling of your heart beat and then beat way I can explain it is stuck in the flight or fight response?

I was given 5mg of HC I can't remember now the frequency was very low and conservative like once per day but after a few days of taking it I chose not to add that little variable in to my treatment and discontinued HC.

hva

I did a whole workup with a cardiologist recently, I've long been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse but it's benign/normal for me, always has been. But one main complaint I was making with him was why my pulse is so high, why it's racing, why I'm sitting in his office and pushing 95-100bpm for no reason at all. Beta's do help me in that regard but as mentioned the sexual sides I chose not to mess with. I sometimes can wake up heart racing. In all the cardio workups I've had in ~30 years I've never been diagnosed with a real problem.

I have slight mitral, aortic, and bicuspid valve regurgitation found on an echocardiogram, likely from a nasty strep infection years ago, and I have the same problem. My ejection fraction and chamber sizes are all normal. Doctors say it's normal for my age and not to worry about it but my heart still races for no apparent reason.

I honestly don't understand how every doctor can say things like this are "normal" it's like any illness or issue is "normal" meanwhile your out hundreds of thousands of dollars and an issue that greatly effects your quality of life. It's sickening.

When I saw the Cardio I cant remember the name of the drug but it was for treatment of heart failure, which I don't have = insurance wont pay for it, but he stated to me that it would drop my pulse without the negative "mojo" (his word) that comes with the BB. I cant afford it so we never went down that road.

ratbag

Yes I had those exact symptoms... I had other issues too but my heart pounded so hard sometimes that I could feel the pounding in my ears and head. Sometimes my heart would race and my heart rate would go above 100 for no particular reason. I had heart palpitations all the time and a really sore lower back and knees... and the fatigue! (cfs) After I was told I needed to be on cortisol(after saliva testing), I started and all these symptoms disappeared almost immediately. All this to say that Dr. Saya will likely test this at some point for you. Check out low cortisol symptoms here:
https://blog.udemy.com/low-cortisol/

Wow that's nuts. It gives me hope that this is what's going on with me because what you just explained is exactly what I'm dealing with to a T!. So far the highest my heart as been is 97bpm and for no reason. It was early morning, just laying down on my couch trying to relax. Checked my heart rate and it said 97bpm. Is dr saya your doctor?
Dr saya is actually doing a saliva test and acth test to check cortisol and adrenal function in a little over a month.

ratbag

I'm in Canada but I am considering flying down to see Dr. Saya but i have to get some other problems sorted out first. I'm sure your in good hands.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me