Fourth week on HCG/TRT...couple of questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

aaron4liberty

I'm injecting 200 mg of Test Cyp per week - I've broken it up into two injections (100mg every 3.5 days). For 24-48 hours after the injection I'm really sore in my joints (hips/knees mostly). Could this be due to too much T? Could this be a reaction to the T Cyp? The pain is pretty high, bearable, but it hurts when I stand up and walk around etc...Normally by 3rd day I'm back to normal.

Secondly, I haven't noticed much increase in testicular size after 4 weeks of HCG injections (500 2x week). I will discuss with my doc after my next bloodwork as I don't find this a super urgent issue, but I was just wondering if I should have noticed a difference by now.

btw - I was on TestCyp alone via my PCP for 1.5 years(300 mg every 3 weeks) and then quit for several months due to my feeling horrible on that cycle. I've just started again (August) with Prime Body which includes 200 Test Cyp/week, 500 HCG 2x per week and .5 anastrozole once a week.

TIA

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I shouldn't start an AI until you establish an estradiol level on your new protocol. You just started up TRT again, did you have any testicle shrinkage in that short of time?

aaron4liberty

No, I stopped my prior schedule in March/April...it was from then...I haven't had any additional since I started up again, but haven't noticed any improvement - I don't know how long it will take before I see results..so that's why I was asking. Would you suggest dropping the AI?

CoastWatcher

No, I stopped my prior schedule in March/April...it was from then...I haven't had any additional since I started up again, but haven't noticed any improvement - I don't know how long it will take before I see results..so that's why I was asking. Would you suggest dropping the AI?
I certainly wouldn't take an AI if my estradiol, as measured by the sensitive test, had yet to be determined since TRT was initiated. It seems totally reckless if your starting, pre-therapy values were reasonable. What was your last, measured e2?

Vince

Super Moderator
What was your estradiol levels at before starting TRT again and what was your levels at on your old protocol before you stopped.

aaron4liberty

Before starting new 5.5 - I honestly don't know on the old, I'll have to see if I can find anything but I don't think my doc gave me the last blood results

CoastWatcher

Before starting new 5.5 - I honestly don't know on the old, I'll have to see if I can find anything but I don't think my doc gave me the last blood results
If your starting level was only 5.5 and you have been taking anastrozole since resuming TRT, you may well have crashed your estradiol.

Rkhal

I had really sore joints before starting TRT, not sure if it was more from my low free T or low estradiol. TRT has already greatly improved my joints, personally my injections have been helping my joints not causing more pain.

Systemlord

How long does it take for a crashed e2 level to recover btw?

Testosterone peaks in 2-3 days, but estrogen climbs at a slower rate since only a small percentage is converted from testosterone. I've heard some say it takes about 4-6 weeks to recover from an E2 crash.

CoastWatcher

I had really sore joints before starting TRT, not sure if it was more from my low free T or low estradiol. TRT has already greatly improved my joints, personally my injections have been helping my joints not causing more pain.
It depends on how low, how long, and the individual. We've heard fro members who pulled it up in a few weeks, others can take months. It will rebound.

CSI007

I'm injecting 200 mg of Test Cyp per week - I've broken it up into two injections (100mg every 3.5 days). For 24-48 hours after the injection I'm really sore in my joints (hips/knees mostly). Could this be due to too much T? Could this be a reaction to the T Cyp? The pain is pretty high, bearable, but it hurts when I stand up and walk around etc...Normally by 3rd day I'm back to normal.

Secondly, I haven't noticed much increase in testicular size after 4 weeks of HCG injections (500 2x week). I will discuss with my doc after my next bloodwork as I don't find this a super urgent issue, but I was just wondering if I should have noticed a difference by now.

btw - I was on TestCyp alone via my PCP for 1.5 years(300 mg every 3 weeks) and then quit for several months due to my feeling horrible on that cycle. I've just started again (August) with Prime Body which includes 200 Test Cyp/week, 500 HCG 2x per week and .5 anastrozole once a week.

TIA

Best thing to do is start low (100 to 120mg/week?) with T and work your way up based on how you feel. 200mg/week is the top of the therapeutic levels administered.

aaron4liberty

Update - started August 1st with Primebody. Almost completed 4 months. Doing 150 mg/week test cyp, 500 mcg of HCG 2x per week and one .5 anastrozole per week. Feeling great. No longer sore, Libido back up, etc. Loving the HCG (I can feel a huge difference as opposed to test cyp alone like my first regimen) BUT still haven't noticed a return of testicular size. I'm going to get with my doc, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why this is the case. Too little HCG. Has anyone not had a return to regular size?

Last edited by a moderator:

ERO

Personally, HCG does nothing for me or for my testicle size at any dosage. Some guys respond to HCG and for others its like injecting water. If you are feeling good after 4 weeks on TRT, then count yourself as one of the lucky ones.

madman

Super Moderator
Testosterone peaks in 2-3 days, but estrogen climbs at a slower rate since only a small percentage is converted from testosterone. I've heard some say it takes about 4-6 weeks to recover from an E2 crash.

I would say the peak is more like 24-48 hrs and is usually elevated for the first 1-3 days following injection.

Systemlord

Update - started August 1st with Primebody. Almost completed 4 months. Doing 150 mg/week test cyp, 500 mcg of HCG 2x per week and one .5 anastrozole per week. Feeling great. No longer sore, Libido back up, etc. Loving the HCG (I can feel a huge difference as opposed to test cyp alone like my first regimen) BUT still haven't noticed a return of testicular size. I'm going to get with my doc, but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on why this is the case. Too little HCG. Has anyone not had a return to regular size?

How do you know whether it's the HCG or the extra 4 months being on TRT that's responsible for you feeling better? I can't get my doctor to prescribe HCG or AI's, they don't even know what HCG is. Darn HMO doctors actions are so restricted from adapting and re-education. Don't know if anyone can answer, but is it safe to assume since my testes are pull up tight that HCG might not make much difference?

I would say the peak is more like 24-48 hrs and is usually elevated for the first 1-3 days following injection.

I'm unable to update my previous posts, but I always thought the peak was sooner than what I originally read on another site.

aaron4liberty

How do you know whether it's the HCG or the extra 4 months being on TRT that's responsible for you feeling better? I can't get my doctor to prescribe HCG or AI's, they don't even know what HCG is. Darn HMO doctors actions are so restricted from adapting and re-education. Don't know if anyone can answer, but is it safe to assume since my testes are pull up tight that HCG might not make much difference?
I was on Test Cyp only for over a year. Pain in my testicles (constant low dull pain) and particularly bad after ejaculation. None of those symptoms since taking HCG.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me