I Have Polycythemia But Doctor Does Not Want to Order Phlebotomy

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pringle

I have hemochromatosis and have to give a liter of blood every 4-6 weeks to keep my numbers in check. My doc sends me to a local oncology clinic for my phlebotomy. With my condition the blood cannot be reused either.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Saul

I have hemochromatosis and have to give a liter of blood every 4-6 weeks to keep my numbers in check. My doc sends me to a local oncology clinic for my phlebotomy. With my condition the blood cannot be reused either.

Your blood is fine. I have HH too. Blood is not a storage locker for excess iron. A protein Transferrin is a transport mechanism that carries iron in the blood between organs and the bone marrow and from the digestive trac. Your red blood cells also contain iron, but that is a good thing. In the big picture, transferrin stores very little iron in the blood and your red blood cells are generally normal (although maybe slightly larger). Iron gets bound to ferritin and is stored in the organs, not the blood, and thus the organs can be damaged. Your blood is pretty much the same as other people. Most other countries accept blood donations from people with HH but the US is backwards in this regard. If anything, your blood would be great for other people, such as people who are anemic, because it is not low iron blood and you have the adequate iron rich red blood cells - just what they need for oxygen transport. What people don't need is blood that is anemic, i.e. has low red blood cell counts. I have done the same thing, given blood at an oncology center (sobering experience) and they just toss it, and then I get an email saying how we are in short supply of blood in the US and I should donate. Good luck with your HH.

Attachments

• heme  hemat o.jpg
    heme hemat o.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 460

buggies100

So 16 hgb and 48 hct is not high. I run over 50 hct everyday of my life even before T injections. So that is one reason why hema dr did not do phlebotomy. I am not saying to not pay attention to it. It would depend on other bllpf factors, lile platlet count, white blood cells, mcv..... but at your number there is no need to be worried. My urologist and two hematologists both are happy if i stay under 54 hct. I show no systems, such as shortness of breath with exertion. Call defy medical, they specialoze in mens's health. They are out of florida, but do telemed. Alot of guys here use them and are very happy.

Vince

Super Moderator
So 16 hgb and 48 hct is not high. I run over 50 hct everyday of my life even before T injections. So that is one reason why hema dr did not do phlebotomy. I am not saying to not pay attention to it. It would depend on other bllpf factors, lile platlet count, white blood cells, mcv..... but at your number there is no need to be worried. My urologist and two hematologists both are happy if i stay under 54 hct. I show no systems, such as shortness of breath with exertion. Call defy medical, they specialoze in mens's health. They are out of florida, but do telemed. Alot of guys here use them and are very happy.
Blood Viscosity, drink water also make your blood slippery by supplementing with fish oil and taking aspiring.
Fish oil will not lower the hematocrit measurement itself, but it does help reduce the viscosity of the blood...which is one of the concerns with higher hematocrit.

ratbag

Most TRT MD's do not do anything if your HCT is above range. This is a fact. I'm in a similar situation. My HCT went up to 61 at one point and my hematologist stated that I did not have polycemia and to stop worrying over it. So I learned that he was looking at my platelets and not my hct and based his decision on that. I feel fine. So my understanding is just because you have high hct doesn't mean you have polycemia. A lot of MD's and people believe high hct automatically means polycemia. Those who live in high altitudes have high hct but they don't have polycemia. Quite a few TRT users cannot donate blood due to low iron and I'm also in that category.

RussG.

I have Polycythemia and want to get on TRT, will I be able to do this or will it cause more issues? I have a Doctors appointment next month for a physical.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes will cause more issues. You could try clomiphene.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I have Polycythemia and want to get on TRT, will I be able to do this or will it cause more issues? I have a Doctors appointment next month for a physical.
Read this :

Make sure you do not smoke, use high T doses, and have no sleep apnea:

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale