BCAA Review

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

An excellent review on BCAA's which is in line with my conclusions. Reminds me of the glutamine craze that took so long to die. Adequate P intakes, especially if high bcaa whole protein sources included (whey etc) and cals, bcaa is waste of $. I can picture some specific metabolic states where bcaa of possible value, but for healthy active types, nope.

Branched-chain amino acids and muscle protein synthesis in humans: myth or reality?

Abstract

The branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) are leucine, valine and isoleucine. A multi-million dollar industry of nutritional supplements has grown around the concept that dietary supplements of BCAAs alone produce an anabolic response in humans driven by a stimulation of muscle protein synthesis.

In this brief review the theoretical and empirical bases for that claim are discussed. Theoretically, the maximal stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in the post-absorptive state in response to BCAAs alone is the difference between muscle protein breakdown and muscle protein synthesis (about 30% greater than synthesis), because the other EAAs required for synthesis of new protein can only be derived from muscle protein breakdown.

Realistically, a maximal increase in muscle protein synthesis of 30% is an over-estimate because the obligatory oxidation of EAAs can never be completely suppressed. An extensive search of the literature has revealed no studies in human subjects in which the response of muscle protein synthesis to orally-ingested BCAAs alone was quantified, and only two studies in which the effect of intravenously infused BCAAs alone was assessed. Both of these intravenous infusion studies found that BCAAs decreased muscle protein synthesis as well as protein breakdown, meaning a decrease in muscle protein turnover.

The catabolic state in which the rate of muscle protein breakdown exceeded the rate of muscle protein synthesis persisted during BCAA infusion. We conclude that the claim that consumption of dietary BCAAs stimulates muscle protein synthesis or produces an anabolic response in human subjects is unwarranted.

Full paper:

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0184-9

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JV63

I like this Will.
I quit using bcaas years ago.
However, that have become so ingrained most people will ignore the science.

Will Brink

I like this Will.
I quit using bcaas years ago.
However, that have become so ingrained most people will ignore the science.

Glutamine was just as popular at one time and did go away as a popular supp for building muscle, as has some others, so given time and more studies finding it's not what people think, it they will go the way of others I bet.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me