Reg blood donation vs Double RBC

Buy Lab Tests Online
My hemoglobin and hematocrit are always good. However have been reading alot about health benefits of donating blood. Is a double RBC better for lowering ferritin? And will it not change WBC ? My WBC is always low end has been my whole life.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KSPhD

Double RBC - One thing I never here discussed is that pushing your blood through plastic results in an inflammatory response. I don't want that blood being returned to my body as I don't want the subsequent inflammatory response. The more common objection, is that you can't donate as often....

Vince

Super Moderator
Before I started TRT, I would do double blood cell donations. But it always cause my iron to drop very low, sometimes to a point where I could not donate any blood.
A double RBC donation will drop HCT 5-6 points.

As Vince says you can reduce the HCT 5-6% points but can only do it 12 weeks vs whole blood every 6 weeks (3%) so in twelve weeks it's a wash of better for reducing HCT. Plus one double red session is 3x as long as a whole blood session. (according to my blood bank)

Saul

My hemoglobin and hematocrit are always good. However have been reading alot about health benefits of donating blood. Is a double RBC better for lowering ferritin? And will it not change WBC ? My WBC is always low end has been my whole life.

A double RBC donation takes out two units of blood, 'filters' out the red cells and keeps them. The process inserts 1 unit back into your body of liquid, usually saline, to replace fluids. It will drop your ferritin by double that of a whole blood donation. it is also more draining because you lose two times as many RBC, but only 1 unit of liquid.

As to overall effect, you can give whole blood donation about every 2 months, but must wait four months between double RBC donation, so net effect is the same. I recommend whole blood donations, but YMMV.

codus2112

Ive done double reds the last two times, Im done in 25 minutes (although she did say that is unusual) and feel no different than after whole donations. Interesting about the inflamation response though.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me