E2 labs Quest vs Labcorp Insanely different results!

Buy Lab Tests Online
I did start with no AI but my E2 went up.

As for labs I think what my doc does is as my insurance plans change over years he uses the company he seems to think the insurance plan would cover. But from now on I want to stick with Quest as I've used them primarily over the years and I'm assuming it's the correct E2 sensitive assay because there is a box for male hormone panel he checks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

As for labs I think what my doc does is as my insurance plans change over years he uses the company he seems to think the insurance plan would cover. But from now on I want to stick with Quest as I've used them primarily over the years and I'm assuming it's the correct E2 sensitive assay because there is a box for male hormone panel he checks.

Call your insurance company and ask them which lab they cover. I wouldn't rely on a doctor who has multiple patients with multiple insurance companies to keep up with which company covers which lab.

If he's wrong, you're the one stuck with a $1,000 bill you can do absolutely nothing about.

I've personally had better experiences with Labcorp. Quest forgot to pick up my blood, then did it again the second time but picked it up the next day. My lab results came out really odd, total, free, and sensitive E2 were basically twice what my levels normally are. Some markers associated with hemolysis were elevated, when they were not elevated on previous labs.

Probably going to vary based on location.

id bet the farm that its wrong

Sh%t that's frustrating your labs could come out that out of the ordinary...how the hell can labs be so inconsistent...

I called my new insurance they said I could use either but I will call again in morning to clarify as I don't want to get jammed with big bill. As this time I want to test as many things as possible to work on figuring out this libido issue. And I'll be certain to look at the sheet with the doc to see what E2 boxes there are or ask him to enter in the sensitive assay code.

Wouldn't it be nuts if Quest has a male hormone panel for TT,FT, E2 etc and it's the wrong E2 test to use?!

I'm looking at a Quest lab sheet and options are:
CP 317986 Male Panel (CBC,DHEAS, FT, TT, PSA, Estradiol). With no clarification on which Estradiol.

Lower on the sheet options are:
4021 Estradiol
30289 Estradiol, ultrasen

Last edited:
Sh%t that's frustrating your labs could come out that out of the ordinary...how the hell can labs be so inconsistent...

I called my new insurance they said I could use either but I will call again in morning to clarify as I don't want to get jammed with big bill. As this time I want to test as many things as possible to work on figuring out this libido issue. And I'll be certain to look at the sheet with the doc to see what E2 boxes there are or ask him to enter in the sensitive assay code.

Wouldn't it be nuts if Quest has a male hormone panel for TT,FT, E2 etc and it's the wrong E2 test to use?!

I'm looking at a Quest lab sheet and options are:
CP 317986 Male Panel (CBC,DHEAS, FT, TT, PSA, Estradiol). With no clarification on which Estradiol.

Lower on the sheet options are:
4021 Estradiol
30289 Estradiol, ultrasen

Remember that these hormones are found in billionths or trillionths of gram in blood. These are extremely small concentrations so the fact that we can even measure them is impressive.

I've had other errors even made a thread with them. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?11012-Something-to-keep-in-mind-Labs-do-make-errors

I'd actually find it nuts if a lab had a panel for men with the sensitive assay.

You want 30289 for you.

I tried searching quest labs web site to see what E2 test is used with the male panel with no luck. At least now I know exactly what to tell the doctor and will watch him mark the damn sheet.

Bummer as my previous insurance covered labs 100% no co pay, had I known correct E2 labs I would have tested it regularly. Now I have a copay and then still have to pay 20% of cost of lab plus a deductible.

However they did say once a year labs are covered 100% for my preventative wellness check so that's what I'm gonna try to clarify this week and then get super thorough labs.

I tried searching quest labs web site to see what E2 test is used with the male panel with no luck. At least now I know exactly what to tell the doctor and will watch him mark the damn sheet.

Bummer as my previous insurance covered labs 100% no co pay, had I known correct E2 labs I would have tested it regularly. Now I have a copay and then still have to pay 20% of cost of lab plus a deductible.

However they did say once a year labs are covered 100% for my preventative wellness check so that's what I'm gonna try to clarify this week and then get super thorough labs.

You're not going to get them covered as preventative wellness.

Sh&t really?

Damn my old PPO I did labs anytime I felt like it and whatever I wanted or the doc wanted and never got a bill. Ever. Now a different providers PPO entirely different.

I have a clarification after being on phone with a variety of Quest labs people...the male panel on the lab sheet is my doctors specific custom request for his forms. Quest wouldn't tell me if it's standard E2 or ultra sensitive, so I'll have to ask him today.

I have a few different doctors who do labs just to keep tabs on me despite them treating me for different medical issues. One obviously uses the Roche on Labcorp. Today I will find out which Quest the other one uses. And I have to hope not to offend either of them by saying "hey I read on TRT forums that the standard test for women isn't accurate and I may be on way too high a dose of adex...so we can we please do ultra sensitive from now on?"

I found my old lab from when we did bump up my adex from .5 3x week to 1mg 3x week. It was 4 years ago after a Labcorp Roche method put my E2 at 59, which despite having no sides I thought I needed to get it down to the low 20s per another forum that preaches low to mid 20s is the money spot. But if it wasn't an accurate 59 I may have smashed my E2 levels. However multiple labs since then had it in low 20s from Quest so I thought it was good to go, but if it's the standard E2 and not ultra sensitive maybe it was lower than 20 since that other thread said Roche often over shoots what the actual E2 level is. Making me think i was still doing the right thing with the big adex dose.

As for preventative labs being covered - the insurance couldn't define that. Just said on my plan once a year (according to Obama Care she mentioned?) I can get a yearly checkup that all labs, immunizations, x-rays, associated tests are covered in full regardless of cost. But no definition other than that. So it's a roll of dice but I need some good labs so gotta take the chance. After that if I need to keep checking E2 maybe I will look into the discounted labs it seems guys on here use. Because for rest of year any labs I do I have to pay 20% of, and without knowing what they charge insurance companies for labs 20% might be outrageous.

Last edited:

OMI100

If your near a LabCorp blood draw location AND you have finances where you can order you OWN SENSITIVE E2, and know that it is the RIGHT one, AND most important of all, IF your state lets YOU order your own labs, CK out discountedlabs.com here on the site. Their sensitive E2 test is reasonable and YOU get the results directly back to YOU in a few days. Then YOU can track it yourself with the RIGHT E2 test.

Thanks Orrin. Since this lab should be covered by insurance and I wanted to see all my thyroid and some other numbers I'll do it this time. Depending on the cost of discounted labs to the 20% I'd have to pay with my insurance I may do it especially if I end up adjusting my adex dose.

madman

Super Moderator
Sh&t really?

Damn my old PPO I did labs anytime I felt like it and whatever I wanted or the doc wanted and never got a bill. Ever. Now a different providers PPO entirely different.

Just PAY for the sensitive assay yourself $30 and put this thread to rest already!

It's $50 (unless there is a deal I'm unaware of) and that's a chunk of change. $30 maybe I would just go do it but I'm doing my blood draw tomorrow for the extensive labs so may have results by next week. I'll save the $50 for when I may need to go check it in a few months after adjusting my adex dose.

I'm half tempted to cut my adex in half starting after this blood draw just because 3mg seems way too much after reading so much last few weeks. Scares me to think for 4 years I may have been crushing down my E2 levels just because of one higher E2 reading from the wrong lab test, even though I had no symptoms at the time.

Since then I have had big time libido issues, dead penis, lots of joint pain and tendinitis flare ups in places I never had it before, and waking up to pee a ton which I just read can be from low E2 as well. Symptoms wise it seems to fit low E2 all the while we thought I had high E2. And back when we did get the original "high E2" reading, my body fat was 7% (dunk tank test) so that doesn't make sense I had high E2 either from what I've been gathering. It's guys with higher body fat that may struggle and have bloating or nipple sensitivity. I had none of that...

So it seems by my ignorance I've allowed this to go on a long time. Plus I'm certain the vicadin doesn't help either.

To enjoy sex again and lifting without all the joint and tendinitis pain would be a life saver...

It's $50 (unless there is a deal I'm unaware of) and that's a chunk of change. $30 maybe I would just go do it but I'm doing my blood draw tomorrow for the extensive labs so may have results by next week. I'll save the $50 for when I may need to go check it in a few months after adjusting my adex dose.

I'm half tempted to cut my adex in half starting after this blood draw just because 3mg seems way too much after reading so much last few weeks. Scares me to think for 4 years I may have been crushing down my E2 levels just because of one higher E2 reading from the wrong lab test, even though I had no symptoms at the time.

Since then I have had big time libido issues, dead penis, lots of joint pain and tendinitis flare ups in places I never had it before, and waking up to pee a ton which I just read can be from low E2 as well. Symptoms wise it seems to fit low E2 all the while we thought I had high E2. And back when we did get the original "high E2" reading, my body fat was 7% (dunk tank test) so that doesn't make sense I had high E2 either from what I've been gathering. It's guys with higher body fat that may struggle and have bloating or nipple sensitivity. I had none of that...

So it seems by my ignorance I've allowed this to go on a long time. Plus I'm certain the vicadin doesn't help either.

To enjoy sex again and lifting without all the joint and tendinitis pain would be a life saver...

I agree...you've been told what you need, you tap dance all over why you can't or won't, so, hey, best wishes dosing AI based on your feels.

By my ignorance I meant the last 4 years having many symptoms of low E2 yet having no clue those were symptoms of E2, and no Idea there were different E2 tests that could give inaccurate results. I trusted my doctors.

I'm not tap dancing - I'm getting the sensitive E2 test done tomorrow. Should have results by next week. I had to schedule doc appt, explain to him what you all explained to me, he was thankful and gave me lab sheet for the correct test, and first day since seeing doc I could get scheduled at the lab is tomorrow morning.

I'm doing exactly what you guys said other than using the
Discount labs. I'm grateful you guys enlightened me. Not dismissing anything you've said at all.

at15

By my ignorance I meant the last 4 years having many symptoms of low E2 yet having no clue those were symptoms of E2, and no Idea there were different E2 tests that could give inaccurate results. I trusted my doctors.

I'm not tap dancing - I'm getting the sensitive E2 test done tomorrow. Should have results by next week. I had to schedule doc appt, explain to him what you all explained to me, he was thankful and gave me lab sheet for the correct test, and first day since seeing doc I could get scheduled at the lab is tomorrow morning.

I'm doing exactly what you guys said other than using the
Discount labs. I'm grateful you guys enlightened me. Not dismissing anything you've said at all.
any updates?

Can't type up all lab results as I'm heading out door and just got them. BUT there was significant difference in regular E2 test and the ultra sensitive test.

Exact same blood draw FYI
Regular E2 test = 25
Ultra sensitive = 14

Hence all these years using regular E2 it seems I over dosed Arimidex thinking it was high, and stayed on the mega dose thinking I was in the "ideal range" of 20-30.

So low E2 seems to at least be a contributor to my libido issues.

Any input on how to go about changing my Arimidex dose is appreciated. Go cold turkey for a while and hop back on half the dose after my morning wood comes back seems to be advice on other threads. Or cut dose in half and slowly let E2 come back rather than let it run free with no AI and then manage it again with AI once morning wood comes back (I hope!).

DHT 132 H (range 16-79)
DHEA S 156 (70-495)
Sensitive E2 14
TT 1164 (250-1100)
FT 281.3 H (35-155)
SHBG 21 (10-50)

TSH 2.02 (.4-4.50)
T4 Free 1.3 (.8-1.8)
T3 Free 3.0 (2.3-4.2)
Reverse T3 21 (8-25)

Any other values that might be helpful let me know

Last edited:

OMI100

Yep..... Sometimes those side-by-side labs are eye openers:)
Now you can educate your DR with firm positive numbers and hope that he is open and learns from your experience.
My last E2 sensitive was 19.2 (8.0-35.0) with no AI.
I seem to have other issues :(
When I was taking an AI, I had it compounded by a Pharmacy in Florida and they ship out of state. Look for some of my old threads.
I needed very little, so the dose per tablet was such that I could almost micro-dose daily by cutting the tablets in half or 1/4.
Trying to cut a 1mg table into 1/8 pieces was not possible, but by having a smaller dose compounded into a larger tablet that could easy be cut in 1/2 or 1/4 was waaaaaay easier to manage.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me