The Clomid Journey Begins :Fingers Crossed:

Buy Lab Tests Online

AntCon

Hey all,

So as you know, or those of you that have read my posts. I decided to go with defy to get my health and low T in order. I spoke with Dr. Saya last week and let me just say right now, it was probably one of the best experiences with a doctor I've ever had. I've never had a doctor so thorough, go over my labs so in depth, and just explain everything in a way that i could understand it before - it was really refreshing. Well after going over my labs (which i'll post a link to them below), he decided we should do a few things:

1. Obviously Clomid
2. Anastrozole - (compounded with the clomid) as my Estrogen was high compared to my T
3. DHEA - to get mine in a more optimal range for my age
4. Naturethroid - I was already on this, but only at half grain, gonna move it up to 1 grain for now
5. Vitamin D 5000iu - I had semi low vitamin D

So my current protocol will be

Clomid 12.5 mg compounded with .2 mg Anastrozole - Every other day (First day yesterday)

DHEA 15 mg - Everyday

NatureThroid 1 grain - Every morning

Supplements i'll be taking

Vitamin D3 5000iu w/ K2 - Everyday
Fish Oil - Everyday

I will be doing labs after 6 weeks and having a consult shortly after with Dr. Saya to go over the results.

Well I got my fingers crossed and will definitely be keeping you all updated. Also gonna be doing a daily journal for myself at home. My most recent labs and original post with my symptoms and background ill post below.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?10828-28-Male-with-thyroid-and-low-T-need-advice

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?11079-Pre-Consult-Blood-Test-Results

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

AntCon

@Vince Carter - Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by that. Still fairly new to all this.

@Cowboys - Thanks I appreciate it.. Been feeling like shit for 2 years now , so hoping for a good outcome

CoastWatcher

Curiously compounding AI with Clomid now...hmmm.
I reacted the same way, but went back and read the post and think this may be what was meant: He taking 12.5mg of Clomid (which is compounded) along with anastrozole (also compounded). I don't believe they were prepared in one, single compounded preparation. Two different compounded prescriptions.

AntCon

I reacted the same way, but went back and read the post and think this may be what was meant: He taking 12.5mg of Clomid (which is compounded) along with anastrozole (also compounded). I don't believe they were prepared in one, single compounded preparation. Two different compounded prescriptions.

Nope , they are compounded together.. Probably because I was gonna take both doses anyway , so they were able to put it into one capsule.

We've actually been doing that (in select cases) dating back a few years...when Dr Crisler and I began collaborating. We found it simpler and easier (also cheaper) in many instances than having two separate meds.

AntCon

Alright y'all , it's my 1 week update.

So far not much improvement at all unfortunately. I know I gotta give these things time , so I'll be patient.

Welllll the first 2 days I noticed a really strange wired type feeling but what's weird is I still had no energy.. So it was definitely not a good wired lol. I also felt kinda off and a little strange/loopy feeling the first few days.

I tried DHEA in the evening but couldn't sleep hardly at all, so I have now switched to taking it in the morning.

By day 4 I did feel like I would get turned on a little easier and get wood easier. That however kinda dimished some and almost feels just as before now.

Yesterday I had a real shitty day, nothing out of the norm . It was my basic , really shitty day that I've felt prior to clomid.

So all in all , so far, I feel pretty much the same as before.

Esq

Alright y'all , it's my 1 week update.

So far not much improvement at all unfortunately. I know I gotta give these things time , so I'll be patient.

Welllll the first 2 days I noticed a really strange wired type feeling but what's weird is I still had no energy.. So it was definitely not a good wired lol. I also felt kinda off and a little strange/loopy feeling the first few days.

I tried DHEA in the evening but couldn't sleep hardly at all, so I have now switched to taking it in the morning.

By day 4 I did feel like I would get turned on a little easier and get wood easier. That however kinda dimished some and almost feels just as before now.

Yesterday I had a real shitty day, nothing out of the norm . It was my basic , really shitty day that I've felt prior to clomid.

So all in all , so far, I feel pretty much the same as before.

That's more of less how my first week went on clomid. I was very wired and loopy (and couldn't sleep) the first 2 or 3 days, but felt exhausted at the same time (probably from not sleeping). The latter part of that first week and into the second week I felt better than I had in years, then promptly returned to baseline a few days after that. I was not a clomid unicorn, unfortunately, and abandoned it after about 5 months, but here's to hoping it works for you.

AntCon

That's more of less how my first week went on clomid. I was very wired and loopy (and couldn't sleep) the first 2 or 3 days, but felt exhausted at the same time (probably from not sleeping). The latter part of that first week and into the second week I felt better than I had in years, then promptly returned to baseline a few days after that. I was not a clomid unicorn, unfortunately, and abandoned it after about 5 months, but here's to hoping it works for you.

Hey Esq, thanks I appreciate it. Me too.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you though. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in regards to your low T now? And how are you feeling now?

We've actually been doing that (in select cases) dating back a few years...when Dr Crisler and I began collaborating. We found it simpler and easier (also cheaper) in many instances than having two separate meds.

My surprise to this was tied back to the notion of compounding Anastrozole with Cyp as I remember one of our pharmacy's was going to start doing and that it was largely denounced as a bad move so seeing it in the same way just with Clomid was surprising. I do see the "select cases" notation.

Esq

Hey Esq, thanks I appreciate it. Me too.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you though. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in regards to your low T now? And how are you feeling now?

Well, my natural levels aren't that bad, although I exhibit a significant number of the typical symptoms of low testosterone. I've been working with Defy and adrenal issues are another possibility, but the use of adaptogens did virtually nothing for me. I have been given the option to try traditional TRT to see if it helps, but on Dr. Saya's advice got tested for sleep apnea back in June because the symtoms of untreated sleep apnea very much overlap with low T symptoms.
The sleep test showed mild to moderate sleep apnea. I've been using a CPAP machine for treatment of that for about a week and a half now. So far, I don't feel any better, but I've been told it often takes several weeks or longer before one sees improvements. I'll consult with Defy again in October (after another round of labs in a few weeks to see where my levels have landed post-clomid) to decide whether to give TRT a go. I'm taking care to rule as many other things out first (and try other treatments). Unfortunately, so far, clomid, adrenal adaptogens, and CPAP treatment have failed to resolve my symptoms, but I still have some hope on the CPAP-front.
Basically, I feel the same as I did before starting clomid back in February. No better, no worse.

AntCon

Well, my natural levels aren't that bad, although I exhibit a significant number of the typical symptoms of low testosterone. I've been working with Defy and adrenal issues are another possibility, but the use of adaptogens did virtually nothing for me. I have been given the option to try traditional TRT to see if it helps, but on Dr. Saya's advice got tested for sleep apnea back in June because the symtoms of untreated sleep apnea very much overlap with low T symptoms.
The sleep test showed mild to moderate sleep apnea. I've been using a CPAP machine for treatment of that for about a week and a half now. So far, I don't feel any better, but I've been told it often takes several weeks or longer before one sees improvements. I'll consult with Defy again in October (after another round of labs in a few weeks to see where my levels have landed post-clomid) to decide whether to give TRT a go. I'm taking care to rule as many other things out first (and try other treatments). Unfortunately, so far, clomid, adrenal adaptogens, and CPAP treatment have failed to resolve my symptoms, but I still have some hope on the CPAP-front.
Basically, I feel the same as I did before starting clomid back in February. No better, no worse.

Dang that sucks, sorry to hear you haven't gotten any good results.. Hopefully after a few more of weeks of the CPAP you'll start noticing some positive results. Have you ever tried Ashwagandha? I've been taking that as well and noticed some ok benefits since taking it. It mainly helps me with stress and some anxiety, but is supposed to have positive effects on the adrenals as well. I use the ones by NutraChamps on amazon. Couldn't hurt to try, if your not already taking it.

AntCon

2 week update...

So it's been 2 weeks now and for the most part I feel relatively the same.

This week however has been a somewhat better week energy and anxiety wise.. But I've had somewhat decent weeks prior to clomid , so I'm not saying it isn't the clomid but I'm not saying it is either. Still 4 weeks left to tell ;] .. I also still have random bouts during the day where I feel drained.

My libido / sex drive is the same as before, little to none.

I still got more time to see improvement so I will keep you guys posted. Also if there is anyone else who has had or hasn't had success with clomid please feel free to chime in.

AntCon

Week 3 update.....

Sup all its been 3 weeks now and unfortunately things aren't looking good. I know I still have 3 more weeks so I'll continue to ride the wave though =]

I'd say about the early 2 week mark I thought hmm maybe my energy and motivation actually are getting better. Well unfortunately that all went away this week. I had a semi bad day yesterday symptom wise and today was so bad I had to leave work after the first 2 hours because of how shitty I felt. My libido is also seeing no improvement from the clomid. I guess the good thing is I don't feel any worse than before.

I'm beginning to think maybe low T and low thyroid are just pieces to the puzzle of what's wrong with me and that there are some other things that are also contributing to how badly i feel. The sucky thing about that is ..... What? But until I get my low T and low thyroid dialed in completely I'll hold off on finding those "what's"...

Will def continue to keep you guys updated..

penguinwoolf

Sorry to hear of the results of your protocol so far, I hope things begin to improve for you soon

And thanks for continuing to post your results. I will be starting a Clomid protocol next week and will do the same

All the best!

PW

AntCon

Sorry to hear of the results of your protocol so far, I hope things begin to improve for you soon

And thanks for continuing to post your results. I will be starting a Clomid protocol next week and will do the same

All the best!

PW

Hey thanks , much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing your thread as well. It's cool when you can get on here and follow along with people that are going through the same as you. Hopefully you'll be one of the ones that get good results.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me