1. #1

    The Clomid Journey Begins :Fingers Crossed:

    Hey all,

    So as you know, or those of you that have read my posts. I decided to go with defy to get my health and low T in order. I spoke with Dr. Saya last week and let me just say right now, it was probably one of the best experiences with a doctor I've ever had. I've never had a doctor so thorough, go over my labs so in depth, and just explain everything in a way that i could understand it before - it was really refreshing. Well after going over my labs (which i'll post a link to them below), he decided we should do a few things:

    1. Obviously Clomid
    2. Anastrozole - (compounded with the clomid) as my Estrogen was high compared to my T
    3. DHEA - to get mine in a more optimal range for my age
    4. Naturethroid - I was already on this, but only at half grain, gonna move it up to 1 grain for now
    5. Vitamin D 5000iu - I had semi low vitamin D

    So my current protocol will be

    Clomid 12.5 mg compounded with .2 mg Anastrozole - Every other day (First day yesterday)

    DHEA 15 mg - Everyday

    NatureThroid 1 grain - Every morning

    Supplements i'll be taking

    Vitamin D3 5000iu w/ K2 - Everyday
    Fish Oil - Everyday

    I will be doing labs after 6 weeks and having a consult shortly after with Dr. Saya to go over the results.


    Well I got my fingers crossed and will definitely be keeping you all updated. Also gonna be doing a daily journal for myself at home. My most recent labs and original post with my symptoms and background ill post below.


    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...-T-need-advice



    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...d-Test-Results

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Curiously compounding AI with Clomid now...hmmm.

  4. #3
    Good luck!!

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    @Vince Carter - Sorry I'm not sure what you mean by that. Still fairly new to all this.

    @Cowboys - Thanks I appreciate it.. Been feeling like shit for 2 years now , so hoping for a good outcome

  6. #5
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    4,976
    I'm interested in seeing if Clomid woks for you , keep us posted. I hope it works.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    @ Vince - Thanks , will definitely keep you posted

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    Curiously compounding AI with Clomid now...hmmm.
    I reacted the same way, but went back and read the post and think this may be what was meant: He taking 12.5mg of Clomid (which is compounded) along with anastrozole (also compounded). I don't believe they were prepared in one, single compounded preparation. Two different compounded prescriptions.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    I reacted the same way, but went back and read the post and think this may be what was meant: He taking 12.5mg of Clomid (which is compounded) along with anastrozole (also compounded). I don't believe they were prepared in one, single compounded preparation. Two different compounded prescriptions.

    Nope , they are compounded together.. Probably because I was gonna take both doses anyway , so they were able to put it into one capsule.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastWatcher View Post
    I reacted the same way, but went back and read the post and think this may be what was meant: He taking 12.5mg of Clomid (which is compounded) along with anastrozole (also compounded). I don't believe they were prepared in one, single compounded preparation. Two different compounded prescriptions.
    We've actually been doing that (in select cases) dating back a few years...when Dr Crisler and I began collaborating. We found it simpler and easier (also cheaper) in many instances than having two separate meds.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Justin Saya, MD View Post
    We've actually been doing that (in select cases) dating back a few years...when Dr Crisler and I began collaborating. We found it simpler and easier (also cheaper) in many instances than having two separate meds.
    Interesting approach. Thanks for the clarification.k
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Alright y'all , it's my 1 week update.

    So far not much improvement at all unfortunately. I know I gotta give these things time , so I'll be patient.

    Welllll the first 2 days I noticed a really strange wired type feeling but what's weird is I still had no energy.. So it was definitely not a good wired lol. I also felt kinda off and a little strange/loopy feeling the first few days.

    I tried DHEA in the evening but couldn't sleep hardly at all, so I have now switched to taking it in the morning.

    By day 4 I did feel like I would get turned on a little easier and get wood easier. That however kinda dimished some and almost feels just as before now.

    Yesterday I had a real shitty day, nothing out of the norm . It was my basic , really shitty day that I've felt prior to clomid.

    So all in all , so far, I feel pretty much the same as before.

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AntCon View Post
    Alright y'all , it's my 1 week update.

    So far not much improvement at all unfortunately. I know I gotta give these things time , so I'll be patient.

    Welllll the first 2 days I noticed a really strange wired type feeling but what's weird is I still had no energy.. So it was definitely not a good wired lol. I also felt kinda off and a little strange/loopy feeling the first few days.

    I tried DHEA in the evening but couldn't sleep hardly at all, so I have now switched to taking it in the morning.

    By day 4 I did feel like I would get turned on a little easier and get wood easier. That however kinda dimished some and almost feels just as before now.

    Yesterday I had a real shitty day, nothing out of the norm . It was my basic , really shitty day that I've felt prior to clomid.

    So all in all , so far, I feel pretty much the same as before.
    That's more of less how my first week went on clomid. I was very wired and loopy (and couldn't sleep) the first 2 or 3 days, but felt exhausted at the same time (probably from not sleeping). The latter part of that first week and into the second week I felt better than I had in years, then promptly returned to baseline a few days after that. I was not a clomid unicorn, unfortunately, and abandoned it after about 5 months, but here's to hoping it works for you.

  14. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    That's more of less how my first week went on clomid. I was very wired and loopy (and couldn't sleep) the first 2 or 3 days, but felt exhausted at the same time (probably from not sleeping). The latter part of that first week and into the second week I felt better than I had in years, then promptly returned to baseline a few days after that. I was not a clomid unicorn, unfortunately, and abandoned it after about 5 months, but here's to hoping it works for you.
    Hey Esq, thanks I appreciate it. Me too.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you though. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in regards to your low T now? And how are you feeling now?

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Justin Saya, MD View Post
    We've actually been doing that (in select cases) dating back a few years...when Dr Crisler and I began collaborating. We found it simpler and easier (also cheaper) in many instances than having two separate meds.
    My surprise to this was tied back to the notion of compounding Anastrozole with Cyp as I remember one of our pharmacy's was going to start doing and that it was largely denounced as a bad move so seeing it in the same way just with Clomid was surprising. I do see the "select cases" notation.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AntCon View Post
    Hey Esq, thanks I appreciate it. Me too.. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you though. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing in regards to your low T now? And how are you feeling now?
    Well, my natural levels aren't that bad, although I exhibit a significant number of the typical symptoms of low testosterone. I've been working with Defy and adrenal issues are another possibility, but the use of adaptogens did virtually nothing for me. I have been given the option to try traditional TRT to see if it helps, but on Dr. Saya's advice got tested for sleep apnea back in June because the symtoms of untreated sleep apnea very much overlap with low T symptoms.
    .
    The sleep test showed mild to moderate sleep apnea. I've been using a CPAP machine for treatment of that for about a week and a half now. So far, I don't feel any better, but I've been told it often takes several weeks or longer before one sees improvements. I'll consult with Defy again in October (after another round of labs in a few weeks to see where my levels have landed post-clomid) to decide whether to give TRT a go. I'm taking care to rule as many other things out first (and try other treatments). Unfortunately, so far, clomid, adrenal adaptogens, and CPAP treatment have failed to resolve my symptoms, but I still have some hope on the CPAP-front.
    .
    Basically, I feel the same as I did before starting clomid back in February. No better, no worse.

  17. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    Well, my natural levels aren't that bad, although I exhibit a significant number of the typical symptoms of low testosterone. I've been working with Defy and adrenal issues are another possibility, but the use of adaptogens did virtually nothing for me. I have been given the option to try traditional TRT to see if it helps, but on Dr. Saya's advice got tested for sleep apnea back in June because the symtoms of untreated sleep apnea very much overlap with low T symptoms.
    .
    The sleep test showed mild to moderate sleep apnea. I've been using a CPAP machine for treatment of that for about a week and a half now. So far, I don't feel any better, but I've been told it often takes several weeks or longer before one sees improvements. I'll consult with Defy again in October (after another round of labs in a few weeks to see where my levels have landed post-clomid) to decide whether to give TRT a go. I'm taking care to rule as many other things out first (and try other treatments). Unfortunately, so far, clomid, adrenal adaptogens, and CPAP treatment have failed to resolve my symptoms, but I still have some hope on the CPAP-front.
    .
    Basically, I feel the same as I did before starting clomid back in February. No better, no worse.

    Dang that sucks, sorry to hear you haven't gotten any good results.. Hopefully after a few more of weeks of the CPAP you'll start noticing some positive results. Have you ever tried Ashwagandha? I've been taking that as well and noticed some ok benefits since taking it. It mainly helps me with stress and some anxiety, but is supposed to have positive effects on the adrenals as well. I use the ones by NutraChamps on amazon. Couldn't hurt to try, if your not already taking it.

  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    2 week update...

    So it's been 2 weeks now and for the most part I feel relatively the same.

    This week however has been a somewhat better week energy and anxiety wise.. But I've had somewhat decent weeks prior to clomid , so I'm not saying it isn't the clomid but I'm not saying it is either. Still 4 weeks left to tell ;] .. I also still have random bouts during the day where I feel drained.

    My libido / sex drive is the same as before, little to none.

    I still got more time to see improvement so I will keep you guys posted. Also if there is anyone else who has had or hasn't had success with clomid please feel free to chime in.

  19. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Week 3 update.....

    Sup all its been 3 weeks now and unfortunately things aren't looking good. I know I still have 3 more weeks so I'll continue to ride the wave though =]

    I'd say about the early 2 week mark I thought hmm maybe my energy and motivation actually are getting better. Well unfortunately that all went away this week. I had a semi bad day yesterday symptom wise and today was so bad I had to leave work after the first 2 hours because of how shitty I felt. My libido is also seeing no improvement from the clomid. I guess the good thing is I don't feel any worse than before.

    I'm beginning to think maybe low T and low thyroid are just pieces to the puzzle of what's wrong with me and that there are some other things that are also contributing to how badly i feel. The sucky thing about that is ..... What? But until I get my low T and low thyroid dialed in completely I'll hold off on finding those "what's"...

    Will def continue to keep you guys updated..

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6
    Sorry to hear of the results of your protocol so far, I hope things begin to improve for you soon

    And thanks for continuing to post your results. I will be starting a Clomid protocol next week and will do the same

    All the best!

    PW

  21. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinwoolf View Post
    Sorry to hear of the results of your protocol so far, I hope things begin to improve for you soon

    And thanks for continuing to post your results. I will be starting a Clomid protocol next week and will do the same

    All the best!

    PW
    Hey thanks , much appreciated.

    Looking forward to seeing your thread as well. It's cool when you can get on here and follow along with people that are going through the same as you. Hopefully you'll be one of the ones that get good results.

  22. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    4 week update..

    Alright, it's now been 4 weeks today and honestly I'm still the same ol shitty feeling guy as I was before.. For some reason today anxiety is really bad too, especially the physical symptoms. I'm thinking about getting some labs done tomorrow if I'm still feeling really shitty, what do you guys think? I know I'm supposed wait another cpl weeks before labs but I wanna know what's going on on my really bad days.

  23. #22
    I don't see the point of using an AI from day one. Perhaps you crushed your estrogen? Have you measured your rT3?

    Also, in my view there are too many drugs in your protocol, high dosages and high frequency.

    I would try to flush out estrogen with diet and natural supplements first. If that doesn't work, then think about stacking an AI with Clomid. As an example, I felt better on the 2nd day of my much lighter protocol.

    I would also use the original brands instead of compounding pharmacies (unless you trust 100% in this pharmacy) and I would also not combine two drugs in one med. Finally, I would try to stay away from drugs as much as possible.

    Last edited by dikow; 09-15-2017 at 12:15 AM.

  24. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by dikow View Post
    I don't see the point of using an AI from day one. Perhaps you crushed your estrogen? Have you measured your rT3?

    Also, in my view there are too many drugs in your protocol, high dosages and high frequency.

    I would try to flush out estrogen with diet and natural supplements first. If that doesn't work, then think about stacking an AI with Clomid. As an example, I felt better on the 2nd day of my much lighter protocol.

    I would also use the original brands instead of compounding pharmacies (unless you trust 100% in this pharmacy) and I would also not combine two drugs in one med. Finally, I would try to stay away from drugs as much as possible.

    Hey thanks for your input I appreciate. I am actually getting my rT3 checked on my next labs.

    My estrogen was already high compared to my T so I doubt my E crashed. We will see though, I guess anything is a possibility.

    The only thing I would consider stopping at the moment would be the dhea just for the fact that I started taking it the day I started clomid. By starting them on the same day it's hard to tell what is it making me feel what, if anything.

    Also I do completely trust in my DR's suggestions and recommendations, medication combinations, and pharmacy they use.

    Thanks again for your all suggestions and input. Also I'm glad your protocol is going great. Hopefully it continues.

    Ant

  25. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by AntCon View Post
    Hey thanks for your input I appreciate. I am actually getting my rT3 checked on my next labs.

    My estrogen was already high compared to my T so I doubt my E crashed. We will see though, I guess anything is a possibility.

    The only thing I would consider stopping at the moment would be the dhea just for the fact that I started taking it the day I started clomid. By starting them on the same day it's hard to tell what is it making me feel what, if anything.

    Also I do completely trust in my DR's suggestions and recommendations, medication combinations, and pharmacy they use.

    Thanks again for your all suggestions and input. Also I'm glad your protocol is going great. Hopefully it continues.

    Ant
    You're welcome. Take care bro.

    Do you happen to have any info on Clomid cycling? I am thinking of cycling Clomid instead of continuing with this drug regularly in my system. I'm currently on a twice a week 6.25 mg regimen and wanted to know if I need to titrate the dose down to once a week before stopping or if I can just stop it now. Would you happen to know this and also how often Clomid can be cycled again? Cheers.

  26. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    Unfortunately I have no clue about any of those things :/... I'm actually very new to all this myself too. Hell , I never even heard of clomid until I joined this forum lol. I'm sure you could create a thread and get some good answers regarding this though.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by AntCon View Post
    Unfortunately I have no clue about any of those things :/... I'm actually very new to all this myself too. Hell , I never even heard of clomid until I joined this forum lol. I'm sure you could create a thread and get some good answers regarding this though.
    What time of day do you take your Clomid? Take with food or empty stomach?

  28. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    50
    I usually take in the morning after late morning after I eat something. Should I take it on an empty or full stomach?

  29. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by dikow View Post
    You're welcome. Take care bro.

    Do you happen to have any info on Clomid cycling? I am thinking of cycling Clomid instead of continuing with this drug regularly in my system. I'm currently on a twice a week 6.25 mg regimen and wanted to know if I need to titrate the dose down to once a week before stopping or if I can just stop it now. Would you happen to know this and also how often Clomid can be cycled again? Cheers.
    FWIW I have a buddy who has experimented with different doses of clomid for varying lengths of time. After much trial and error, he said that he feels best cycling clomid for 3 weeks at 12.5mg eod, following by taking 2 weeks off and then repeating. After the 2 week off period, his T levels are still higher than they were at baseline. I guess if he was taking enclomiphene there would be no need to cycle it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My journey with Defy
    By Hopeful in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2017, 04:23 PM
  2. My Clomid journey
    By BryanW in forum Clomid (clomiphene) for PCT, fertility or TRT
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-2017, 11:28 AM
  3. Starting this journey....
    By pchnyc in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2016, 07:33 PM
  4. The ratio of your second to fourth fingers can predict BPH
    By Nelson Vergel in forum Health & Wellness
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2015, 02:18 PM
  5. SQ journey
    By fireeater49 in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 09:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •