2 Months on Clomid and ZERO libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

Hi, I have been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism since I had extremely low T (100-150) and extremely low FSH and low LH. I started clomid 50mg ED as per my urologist almost 2 months ago, and I have ZERO libido. So was planning to try a lower dose like 25mg a day or even 25mg every other day. and if no improvements switch to something else like HCG.

I am super concerned with my fertility and a little bit against the clock as my wife is 34 now. So I know clomid is great for fertility but if it makes me unable to have sex, then what is the point.

Pretty much all fertility doctors assure that TRT will kill fertility (which I know it is true as standalone). And my endo offered me to switch to HCG monotherapy. I know all those clinics like defy and all follow the trifecta protocol. So my concern right now is:

If I drop the clomid after trying with a lower dose, and I need both FERTILITY and LIBIDO, what is better HCG monotherapy? or TRT + HCG?

Please appreciate any inputs!!! This is very imprtant for me :(

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi, I have been diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism since I had extremely low T (100-150) and extremely low FSH and low LH. I started clomid 50mg ED as per my urologist almost 2 months ago, and I have ZERO libido. So was planning to try a lower dose like 25mg a day or even 25mg every other day. and if no improvements switch to something else like HCG.

I am super concerned with my fertility and a little bit against the clock as my wife is 34 now. So I know clomid is great for fertility but if it makes me unable to have sex, then what is the point.

Pretty much all fertility doctors assure that TRT will kill fertility (which I know it is true as standalone). And my endo offered me to switch to HCG monotherapy. I know all those clinics like defy and all follow the trifecta protocol. So my concern right now is:

If I drop the clomid after trying with a lower dose, and I need both FERTILITY and LIBIDO, what is better HCG monotherapy? or TRT + HCG?

That is a lot of Clomid to be taking. Please post your labs, particularly your estradiol/sensitive.

yes def need to see what your E is running at now, the (ultra) sensitive LC/MS/MS test is the only test you should be using and I agree, 50mg/D is a whopper dose. If it stays true as is typical, your Estrogen is sky high.

JPB

too high a dose imho...it seems many do better with a minimal clinically effective dose of around 25mg eod, even that can be more than needed

Will Brink

Best to post your labs, but I personally have yet to meet a single man who has really benefited from Clomid mono therapy and the subjective symptoms rarely reflect the labs anyway in my experience. Seen a number of men who "on paper" per labs should have been feeling great but they did not, which leads me to conclude there are effects of that drug simply not reflected in common labs we run.

CoastWatcher

Estradiol levels are a key aspect of a Clomid protocol. If your doctor isn't monitoring it, that raises a lot of questions about his, or her, skills in regard to androgen management.

Even if estradiol is managed on clomid, the issue with it is that it behaves agonistically/antagnostically in various E2 receptors throughout the body. Some of these mechanisms are clearly understood, such as that clomid is antagonistic in the hypothalamus, but other mechanisms are not well-known. As a result, it's extremely difficult to nail an effective dose. Since your T was so low to begin with, it's hard to say how much you can really afford to lower the dose while retaining efficacy. What I will say is that I have done as much as 25mg ED, and within 8 days I felt horrible. I cut down to 25mg EOD, but it was still too much. My E2 on the Quest ultra-sensitive was 59pg/mL on 25mg, EOD. If I ever had to go back on clomid, I would run only 12.5 mg every other day. That said, clomid is king when it comes to fertility. HCG works as well, but a combination of HCG and clomid may be the best approach in the short-run if fertility is the prime concern. Estrogen management will definitely be an issue. Over time HCG will cause shutdown akin to trt, but before doing so it can work synergistically with clomid to boost fertility. I know you are considering one or the other, but I think both is best for your purposes. With proper estrogen management, libido can be optimized. If it is still a problem, you may just have to force yourself to ejaculate, even if you can't really perform.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me