Need a Doctor in Portland, OR who knows about effective TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Diablo666

I started TRT like a year ago, but after a few months it lost its effectiveness due to high estradiol. So my endo offered to move me to HCG mono, but without controling my estrogens. So I am tired of all of this and just need a good doctor who knows about the estrogens effect and prescribe me arimidex if I need it.

I have seeing 3 endos and 2 urologysts and none of those would agree to control estrogens.

I am currently giving a shot to clomid, but after 1.5 months, feel no different.

Please, any reference to a good endo or urologyst in Portland that knows this stuff and not just stick to what the merck manuals say?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I can tell you of a place to STAY AWAY from in that area. The Universal Men's Clinic. Super expensive, 10 years out of date with treatment plans...don't walk, but RUN the other way.

Many of us are very happy with the tele-medicine model with Defy Medical or Prime Body. They give great care and are typically a lot less expensive as well.

Sean Mosher

PrimeBody offers both face to face traditional doctor visits as well as a tele-medicine option with Dr. Rotman out of NYC (he has several interviews here on ExcelMale.com).
Would be happy to talk with you!

Diablo666

Thanks All for your inputs. I am planning to go to either Defy Medical or another clinic in Portland that has excellent ratings, and could not agree more with the Universal Clinic, I feel bad for the people they rip off.

I was hoping, before going to these specialized clinics, to find a regular endo who knew well, but I guess I have to accept currently doctors lack a lot of knowledge on these topics.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks All for your inputs. I am planning to go to either Defy Medical or another clinic in Portland that has excellent ratings, and could not agree more with the Universal Clinic, I feel bad for the people they rip off.

I was hoping, before going to these specialized clinics, to find a regular endo who knew well, but I guess I have to accept currently doctors lack a lot of knowledge on these topics.

Okay keep us informed on how it works out.

pnwXLmale

I just moved to the Portland area about a month ago and am seeing Dr. Straight from Full Potential Men's clinic in Tigard. Too early for me to recommend them and I am on the fence about whether I will be continuing there or switching to Defy Medical.

Pros:
- Dr. Straight is nice and takes his time with you
- Dr's stated intention is to get my T levels to the top of range
- Prescribed Test Cyp, HCG and Anastrozole

Cons:
- Cost is 250 for initial consult and then 200/mo. going forward
- Dr seems rather aggressive with AI - initially prescribed me 2.5 mg/wk
- Dr. seems a bit out of touch with current best practices (from what I have read at least)

My current protocol from the Doctor is:
- 180 mg Testosterone Cypionate (90 mg e3.5) (started with 300 mg 'Loading Dose' on first day of TRT lol)
- 1.25 mg Anastrozole 24 hours post T injection
- 1000 iu HCG weekly (500 iu e3.5, 24 hours prior to injection)

I have been on since 7/18, so just over one month in. Before starting his protocol I did as much research as I could and modified my protocol to:
- 50 mg Test eod (175/wk)
- .5 mg Anastrozole eod (with T injection)
- 250 iu HCG eod (along with T injection)

With this protocol so far I have noticed good improvements in libido, morning wood, strength gains in gym and sporadically increased energy (esp @ gym).

The reason I am considering switching to defy is a)seems that Dr. Saya is much more knowledgeable and current and b)from what I have read, Defy is more affordable.

Here's my original post from a few weeks ago with more detail about why I started TRT, initial labs, etc. Be sure to check out CoastWatchers comment about this doc being a T-mill - may make this an easy decision to go with Defy instead, unless you're in a hurry to get started and/or will be modifying protocol anyways (they will get you on in less than a week from 1st appointment, whereas Defy may take a month or more from what I have read).

Last edited:

Raindog

I just moved to the Portland area about a month ago and am seeing Dr. Straight from Full Potential Men's clinic in Tigard. Too early for me to recommend them and I am on the fence about whether I will be continuing there or switching to Defy Medical.

Pros:
- Dr. Straight is nice and takes his time with you
- Dr's stated intention is to get my T levels to the top of range
- Prescribed Test Cyp, HCG and Anastrozole

Cons:
- Cost is 250 for initial consult and then 200/mo. going forward
- Dr seems rather aggressive with AI - initially prescribed me 2.5 mg/wk
- Dr. seems a bit out of touch with current best practices (from what I have read at least)

My current protocol from the Doctor is:
- 180 mg Testosterone Cypionate (90 mg e3.5) (started with 300 mg 'Loading Dose' on first day of TRT lol)
- 1.25 mg Anastrozole 24 hours post T injection
- 1000 iu HCG weekly (500 iu e3.5, 24 hours prior to injection)

I have been on since 7/18, so just over one month in. Before starting his protocol I did as much research as I could and modified my protocol to:
- 50 mg Test eod (175/wk)
- .5 mg Anastrozole eod (with T injection)
- 250 iu HCG eod (along with T injection)

With this protocol so far I have noticed good improvements in libido, morning wood, strength gains in gym and sporadically increased energy (esp @ gym).

The reason I am considering switching to defy is a)seems that Dr. Saya is much more knowledgeable and current and b)from what I have read, Defy is more affordable.

Here's my original post from a few weeks ago with more detail about why I started TRT, initial labs, etc. Be sure to check out CoastWatchers comment about this doc being a T-mill - may make this an easy decision to go with Defy instead, unless you're in a hurry to get started and/or will be modifying protocol anyways (they will get you on in less than a week from 1st appointment, whereas Defy may take a month or more from what I have read).

Apologies for dragging out an old thread, but I am from PDX area and about 4 month in to trt and not sure about were my doc is heading. Wondering if Dr. Straight worked out?

Dave

pnwXLmale

I am no longer seeing Dr. Straight. It was getting pretty pricey and I got the sense that they were more concerned with getting my money than getting me dialed in. Dr. Straight is very kind and is an advocate for getting guys in the upper end of the lab range. Very liberal with dosages, but also pretty heavy handed with the anastrozole, too. Overall not a terrible experience but not great either.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me