A pill that will make your dog - and maybe you - live longer?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

The answer appears to be yes. Rapamycin has extensive data with animals and now being used in the "real world" with dogs. Work in humans? Very likely the answer is yes, and there are people using it, but it's NOT something you buy and just starting using as it's also toxic at high doses and used to suppress the immune system for those with organ transplants. So, look into it for your dogs and keep an eye out for coming human studies, and clinical experiences. More to come on rapamycin shortly.

"It's been remarkable," Paola Anderson said as she watched Momo, her 13-year-old white Pomsky, run around the backyard, keeping up with dogs a third his age. The drug is called rapamycin. After nearly a decade of research showing that it makes mice live up to 60% longer, scientists are trying it out as an anti-aging drug in dogs and humans."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/health/rapamycin-dog-live-longer/index.html

See also:

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/rapamycin-real-fountain-youth

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SoCal Guy

Work in humans? Very likely the answer is yes, and there are people using it, but it's NOT something you buy and just starting using as it's also toxic at high doses and used to suppress the immune system for those with organ transplants.

Actually, it is something you can buy and just start using, if you like. Rapa is available at ADC.

Interview with a doctor who's using (and prescribing) it now:
Interview
The doctor's website

Side effects (canker sores in mouth, etc.) appear to be linked to every-day dosing (for immune suppression, as is used to prevent organ rejection.) This may be because rapa has a long half-life in the body (62 ±16 hours), so daily dosing causes major spikes in blood levels as the peaks begin to stack.

Rapa anti-aging protocols call for dosing at weekly or longer intervals, providing an adequate wash-out period. (Interestingly, apparently rapa boosts the immune system when given at this cadence.)

Last edited:

Will Brink

Actually, it is something you can buy and just start using, if you like. Rapa is available at ADC.

Interview with a doctor who's using (and prescribing) it now:
Interview
The doctor's website

Side effects (canker sores in mouth, etc.) appear to be linked to every-day dosing (for immune suppression, as is used to prevent organ rejection.) This may be because rapa has a long half-life in the body (62 ±16 hours), so daily dosing causes major spikes in blood levels as the peaks begin to stack.

Rapa anti-aging protocols call for dosing at weekly or longer intervals, providing an adequate wash-out period. (Interestingly, apparently rapa boosts the immune system when given at this cadence.)

I didn't say you couldn't, I said people shouldn't. If people wish to experiment, that's up to them. Yes, the dose and intervals appears the key to it's benefits and avoiding it side effects. I just returned from conference that explored the cutting edge of anti aging/longevity science (RAADFest) on all fronts, including Rapamycin. Personally I need to see more data before I'd use it but tracking it for sure. Another getting attention at the conference is GDF11

ratbag

I wonder where I would find the dosing they would use on a dog. My 17 year old Australian Koolie is in good shape but she's got a little dementia now.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me