TRT is decreasing my testosterone levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

dquerry86

I'm 31 and have been on TRT for almost a year now. The doctor recommended TRT after common low T symptoms and after blood work was done. The blood work was all in normal ranges except my testosterone serum was at 345 ng/dl. This was just under their low range of 348 ng/dl so the doctor had me wait 3 months and check my levels again to be sure they were low. After 3 months my level was at 298 ng/dl so I started getting injections of Testosterone Cypionate at 200 mg/ml every 4 weeks. After 3 months I had blood work done to check my testosterone and it came in at 188 ng/dl. This was also the only thing tested for. The doctor then increased the dose to 300 mg/ml every 4 weeks. Went back after 3 months and testosterone serum was 169 ng/dl. Again testosterone serum is all that was test. I was increased to 300 mg/ml every 3 weeks and told to have my levels checked again after 6 months.

My doctor never seems to have an answer when I ask why is my testosterone continually going down. I still have basically no sex drive, erections are difficult, muscle mass and strength are significantly decreased, I'm fatigued, gained a little weight and recently started feeling depressed. All of those symptoms I had, besides feeling depressed, before getting on TRT. I still haven't seen the slightest improvement in any of those areas or even any area at all for that matter.

Is there a general reason testosterone levels would decrease after starting TRT? Why do I feel no effect being on TRT even after a year? I have read that lower doses more frequently might help because levels peak after around 3 days and then drop off. If I don't feel any positive effects anytime from when I get my injection to even when it peaks around 3 days, would increasing frequency even help? If my levels are just dropping and I don't have any positive effects/results should I just get off of the TRT? Any information you may be able to provide is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Joey786

It's sad that there are Drs out there are still this clueless on how to administer trt. The problem is you are injecting too infrequently. At the very least you need to inject once per week. Start with 100mg testosterone per week. If your Dr is not keen on injecting at least once a week please find a new dr. Defy medical is a great option.

Saxon

I'm 31 and have been on TRT for almost a year now. The doctor recommended TRT after common low T symptoms and after blood work was done. The blood work was all in normal ranges except my testosterone serum was at 345 ng/dl. This was just under their low range of 348 ng/dl so the doctor had me wait 3 months and check my levels again to be sure they were low. After 3 months my level was at 298 ng/dl so I started getting injections of Testosterone Cypionate at 200 mg/ml every 4 weeks. After 3 months I had blood work done to check my testosterone and it came in at 188 ng/dl. This was also the only thing tested for. The doctor then increased the dose to 300 mg/ml every 4 weeks. Went back after 3 months and testosterone serum was 169 ng/dl. Again testosterone serum is all that was test. I was increased to 300 mg/ml every 3 weeks and told to have my levels checked again after 6 months.

My doctor never seems to have an answer when I ask why is my testosterone continually going down. I still have basically no sex drive, erections are difficult, muscle mass and strength are significantly decreased, I'm fatigued, gained a little weight and recently started feeling depressed. All of those symptoms I had, besides feeling depressed, before getting on TRT. I still haven't seen the slightest improvement in any of those areas or even any area at all for that matter.

Is there a general reason testosterone levels would decrease after starting TRT?

Yes, your injection schedule is completely out of line with accepted medical practice. Your T levels are most definitely way over the normal range for a few days/maybe a week + then they plummet. Look at this graph as to what the release of the compound injected looks like at once every 4 weeks (I know you're now doing every three but you can see where 3 lines up). If you take bloods at 4 weeks, your test is in the gutter.

http://imgur.com/a/eW0ow

CoastWatcher

You have shut down your axis and are following a protocol that leaves you profoundly hypogonadal. It's not TRT that's the problem, it's the doctor you are consulting.

Systemlord

When I started TRT I was on a very similar protocol, I was injecting 200mg every 3 weeks and felt great for the first 5 days and then day 6 was the beginning of a rollercoaster ride that looked and felt very much like the graph Saxon provided.

My doctor was unsympathetic to my symptoms and doctors who put people on these protocols don't have the necessary knowledge to get you feeling normal again. Your doctor has sabotaged your entire recovery with that insane protocol and has wasted a year of your life. You likely spent 3 weeks out of every month for a year with lower T levels than before you started TRT.

The longer you on that insane protocol the worse you will feel, you need to inject at a minimum once a week with twice weekly being even better as it keeps your levels more stable so you don't feel the dip in hormone levels towards the end of the week.

I recommend reading the sticky threads that explain the half life of testosterone, the average half life of testosterone is 8 days so it's no wonder why you aren't feeling good. It still amazes me how doctors are unable to grasp this simple concept of half lives.

Also post you labs including ranges, we have members here that are extremely knowledgeable and spot most things doctor can completely miss, ei. SHBG and estrogen.

Last edited:

Will Brink

The doctor then increased the dose to 300 mg/ml every 4 weeks. Went back after 3 months and testosterone serum was 169 ng/dl. Again testosterone serum is all that was test. I was increased to 300 mg/ml every 3 weeks and told to have my levels checked again after 6 months.

What you need to do is find a new doctor. The one you're working with has no clue what he's doing and I'd expect to see low levels on the dose schedule. Astounding such ignorance continues to exist in 2017. This site will get you squared away. 100mg per week is basic TRT that one can adjust from there, not that awful schedule you're suffering from.

Good luck

dquerry86

Thanks for all the feedback! I will be looking for a new doctor that actually has a clue what they're doing. I'll read more posts on here so I at least have more knowledge and can tell whether or not a new doctor is on the right track with their dosing and schedule.

CSI007

Thanks for all the feedback! I will be looking for a new doctor that actually has a clue what they're doing. I'll read more posts on here so I at least have more knowledge and can tell whether or not a new doctor is on the right track with their dosing and schedule.

Start on the low side and work you way up if needed. Monitor your sensitive E2 and give it time. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. Good luck. This site is a great resource and the people who frequent it understand more then many Docs do about TRT.

My original T level was @ 101. Dr put me on 200mg every 2 weeks for the first 3 injections, then 200mg every 4 weeks after the 3rd injection. Of course I wanted to know more so I hit up Google, found Excel and learned my Dr was not up to date with TRT. Lucky I was able to get my refills and start my own protocol of 50mg every 3.5 days while I waited for my Defy appointment. If you can afford about $100 a month for your treatment, then Defy is a great choice. Others speak of Prime Body as a good place as well, though I dont know the costs with them. Good Luck!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me