My journey with Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hopeful

I have my first consultation with Defy next week.

I'm 52 years, 5-10, 212 lbs, low energy, some fatigue, almost non-existent sex-drive. I try to do cardio (half-hour) a couple times a week, but I really don't feel like it due to low energy. Hoping treatment will give me the energy to workout more, and the libido to want to start dating again.

Labs:
TT: 309 ng/dL (range 250-1100)
FT: 45.2 pg/mL which I think is 4.52 ng/dL (range 35-155 pg/mL)
LH: 3.4 mlU/mL (range 1.7-8.6)
DHEAS: 137 ug/dL (range 71.6-375.4)
E2: 22 pg/mL (range 8.0-35.0)
SHBG: 25 nmol/L (range 19.3-76.4)

Some high numbers...
Albumin 5.3 g/dL (range 3.3-4.9)
Glucose 100 mg/dL (range 65-99)
Triglyceride 198 mg/dL (range <= 149)

I've done some reading and wondering if Clomid might be good treatment before having to start cream or injections.

What do you think about my lab numbers?
Do you think I might be a good candidate for Clomid? Does it work well for men my age?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Those three you listed as high I'd run those again in the future just to confirm and eliminate lab error which is possible. As far as clomid, given your age, did you have FSH pulled with these labs, Clomid success stories are like Unicorns.

Hopeful

Those three you listed as high I'd run those again in the future just to confirm and eliminate lab error which is possible. As far as clomid, given your age, did you have FSH pulled with these labs, Clomid success stories are like Unicorns.

No FSH. Didn't know I needed it. Defy didn't ask for it. What would FSH levels reveal?

CoastWatcher

LH and FSH are used to provide insight into the issue of primary or secondary hypogonadism. Someone with secondary hypogonadism is - potentially - a candidate for Clomid therapy. If you have primary hypogonadism, if your testicles are the problem rather than the pituitary, it's not an option.

Hopeful

LH and FSH are used to provide insight into the issue of primary or secondary hypogonadism. Someone with secondary hypogonadism is - potentially - a candidate for Clomid therapy. If you have primary hypogonadism, if your testicles are the problem rather than the pituitary, it's not an option.

OK, I found this on Mayo Clinic site...

Male hypogonadism means the testicles don't produce enough of the male sex hormone testosterone. There are two basic types of hypogonadism:

• Primary. This type of hypogonadism — also known as primary testicular failure — originates from a problem in the testicles.
  • Secondary. This type of hypogonadism indicates a problem in the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland — parts of the brain that signal the testicles to produce testosterone. The hypothalamus produces gonadotropin-releasing hormone, which signals the pituitary gland to make follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). Luteinizing hormone then signals the testes to produce testosterone.

So, since my LH is in the middle of the range (3.4), I would probably not have the Secondary type? Or is 3.4 actually to low?

Hopeful

I also take a low dose statin (10mg daily) for past 10 years to lower my LDL Cholesterol (which is currently at a good level of 67 mg/dL). I read that statins tend to lower testosterone also. I'm wondering if Defy would have me stay on the statin.

stevep

I also take a low dose statin (10mg daily) for past 10 years to lower my LDL Cholesterol (which is currently at a good level of 67 mg/dL). I read that statins tend to lower testosterone also. I'm wondering if Defy would have me stay on the statin.

When I had my first meeting with Defy they asked if I would consider cutting my 10mg statin in half and run blood work 3 months later to see the effects. It's quickly coming up a year later since that appointment and I now have my PCP prescribe 5mg vs the 10 (stopped cutting them in half). My last LDL was 60 with a LDL/HDL ratio of 1.9.

Hopeful

When I had my first meeting with Defy they asked if I would consider cutting my 10mg statin in half and run blood work 3 months later to see the effects. It's quickly coming up a year later since that appointment and I now have my PCP prescribe 5mg vs the 10 (stopped cutting them in half). My last LDL was 60 with a LDL/HDL ratio of 1.9.

Did your T levels go up when you reduced statin? Or were you also on TRT therapy?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me