Metformin and PSA Levels: Does it Make a Difference?

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

Metformin, the first-line antihyperglycemic, has been touted as something of a wonder drug with strong, anti-aging properties. A recent study conducted in Toronto was undertaken to determine if Metformin administration had any impact on PSA levels. Over 300 men, all free of prostate cancer, were recruited between 2004 and 2013; all had type 2 diabetes.

"Mean PSA levels were 30% lower among users of Metformin compared to nonusers. PSA levels of intermediate; and high;dose metformin users were 32% lower, respectively, compared to the low;dose group."

The study, while a strong "win" for Metformin has several limitations.

• Only cancer-free men were included in the study.
  • A very small number, three percent, were of African descent.
  • A wider study with greater PSA thresholds might yield different results.

As is often the case, the directors of the study call for further testing.

The text of the article reporting these findings, in the November 2016 issue of "The Prostate" is below.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
"Mean PSA levels were 30% lower among users of Metformin compared to nonusers. PSA levels of intermediate‐ and high‐dose metformin users were 32% lower, respectively, compared to the low‐dose group."

Since starting TRT, I have saw a small rise in my PSA. I am a long-term user and believe in Metformin, hopefully the study is true.

CoastWatcher

It's my understanding that St. Michael's Hospital, where this study was conducted, is refining their protocol and launching a follow-up.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching