What do you guys think about these numbers?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Wo

Hi everyone.
I had my levels checked and from what I can tell most things seem in the low normal range. I am a 46 yo male and have some of the normal symptoms for a while now. What do you think of these numbers? Is it possible I could change some lifestyle and possibly add supplements to tweak my numbers to more optimal levels? To be honest, I have always felt like I had low T. In the last few years I have lost some body hair (I had very little to begin with) and muscle mass but-----I have a long history of drug and alcohol abuse so I really don't know how Im supposed to feel. I haven't done drugs in several years, except for weed, and I recently cut back the drinking to around 2-3 beers a day. Anyway, does anything stand out to you guys? I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out so I really appreciate your help!
Thanks!
Wo

Total T 505
Free T 11.1
SBGH 46.9
Estradiol sensitive 28.5
TSH 1.26
LH 8.1
What else?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi everyone.
I had my levels checked and from what I can tell most things seem in the low normal range. I am a 46 yo male and have some of the normal symptoms for a while now. What do you think of these numbers? Is it possible I could change some lifestyle and possibly add supplements to tweak my numbers to more optimal levels? To be honest, I have always felt like I had low T. In the last few years I have lost some body hair (I had very little to begin with) and muscle mass but-----I have a long history of drug and alcohol abuse so I really don't know how Im supposed to feel. I haven't done drugs in several years, except for weed, and I recently cut back the drinking to around 2-3 beers a day. Anyway, does anything stand out to you guys? I'm still trying to figure all this stuff out so I really appreciate your help!
Thanks!
Wo

Total T 505
Free T 11.1
SBGH 46.9
Estradiol sensitive 28.5
TSH 1.26
LH 8.1
What else?

Welcome to Excelmale. In the future, we'd ask that you post reference ranges for all your lab work; each lab establishes its own ranges and offers perspective on where things stand. We can get an idea on many of these, and congratulations on having a doctor (or knowing from your own study) that a sensitive estradiol test should be run by men. However, please provide a range for the LH and FSH - important to know if your testicles are at work. What about thyroid? Anything run? Not just the TSH, but t3, t4, rt3? It's not called the master gland for nothing. That said, you could be a lot worse, but it's not a surprise that you feel as you do. Some questions: were you using opiates when you were abusing drugs? Opiates hammer androgen levels, frequently for life. Were you using anabolic steroids? How much alcohol did you drink and is your liver in solid shape? Your sleep - are you getting adequate sleep? Might you have apnea? There's an undiagnosed epidemic of apnea among men and it is a huge factor in hormone issues.

Henry

The bad thing is with the new reference ranges provided by LabCorp, a doc will probably look at that 505 total T (out of a reference range of around 264-916) and say how you're pretty up there in total T and blame your past on it.

When your doc presented you with your labs, what did he say? Did you ask him about T Therapy? If he's not for it, you'll have to go elsewhere but with the new reference ranges, it'll be more difficult now.

When I had 2 tests of 290 and 277, I still had a problem getting therapy and that was under the old scale (348-1197). They were like.....well, it's not that low, etc. and kept running tests and then numbers never came up. They tried every damn excuse to not treat me and I had to find a doc that would.

Wo

Defy ordered the tests, the ones for a new patient. I can post the results as soon as I figure out how. Should I black out anything? Reference number maybe?

Wo

I definitely would do everything possible to avoid going on TRT, make Lifestyle Changes.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'm thinking too. I'm kinda torn, I was pretty excited about the idea of feeling better, and knowing what was wrong. On the other hand I'm pretty glad that I may not have to be on trt. I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and schedule the consult, or save my money and buy a gym membership and a bucket of zinc. Lol.

Wo

Thanks Coast. Not too much opioid use. I've done a few 2-3 day binges on painkillers in the past year but I can't even do very many pills anymore because of respiratory issues. No steroids. Doc says liver is in good shape. I don't think I have apnea but I've never really checked. I'm going to post my results as soon as I figure out how.
Welcome to Excelmale. In the future, we'd ask that you post reference ranges for all your lab work; each lab establishes its own ranges and offers perspective on where things stand. We can get an idea on many of these, and congratulations on having a doctor (or knowing from your own study) that a sensitive estradiol test should be run by men. However, please provide a range for the LH and FSH - important to know if your testicles are at work. What about thyroid? Anything run? Not just the TSH, but t3, t4, rt3? It's not called the master gland for nothing. That said, you could be a lot worse, but it's not a surprise that you feel as you do. Some questions: were you using opiates when you were abusing drugs? Opiates hammer androgen levels, frequently for life. Were you using anabolic steroids? How much alcohol did you drink and is your liver in solid shape? Your sleep - are you getting adequate sleep? Might you have apnea? There's an undiagnosed epidemic of apnea among men and it is a huge factor in hormone issues.

Wo

I doubt anyone can see that. So...
here are numbers with ref ranges

---------------------ref range
Total T 505 ---------264-916
Free T 11.1 ----------6.8-21.5
DHEA 309.9 --------71.6-375.4
TSH 1.260 ---------.450-4.500
LH 8.1 --------------1.7-8.6
Estr. (Sens) 28.5 ---8.0-35.0
SHBG 46.9 ----------16.5-55.9

No other thyroid readings from what I can tell. CBC, Metabolic and Lipd panel. All within range.

lexer

Are you overweight?
do cardio 5 times a week at least 25 minutes. Clean up your diet and hit the weights. Stay away from booze and pills. Stop the beers and stop smoking weed. If you do, i can almost guarantee your free t will elevate. You cant have your cake and eat it too. If you dont give up weed and still drink 3 beers per night, you are not serious about changing and adding anither drug ( T) is going to be a negative. You gave up one drug( pills) and supplement with another ( weed and beer). Bad idea.
if i was your doctor i would never give you T unless i knew you stopped all the other stuff and tried diet and exercise first. Any responsible doctor would endorse that.

your levels are good for a 46 year old. I have a hard time believing a good doctor will shut your system down with testosterone. My guess is you will screw up your endocrine system if you go that route.
one of those rejuvination clinic will give you T but is that the route you want to take??
Diet and train for 6 weeks and get your levels tested again in the morning and see if you can get your free T levels elevated a tad to 13 . Your shbg could be a little lower which woukd raise free T. Sometimes T isnt the answer. Mine are low normal because when i was in my 20's i used steroids. Do i regret using juice ? Yes !!!! All because of insecurity.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Lexer is right cleaning up lifestyle is key as excess stress/lack of sleep/poor diet/lack of exercise/excess body fat/abuse alcohol-drugs- certain pharmaceutical drugs can have a negative impact on ones testosterone. I would look into these areas and improve upon if need be and than get retested in a few months. Also you should get a 4 point cortisol saliva test to see how your levels are in the am/noon/evening/night as having high cortisol is good in the am and should slowly lower throughout the evening/night. If one has constantly elevated cortisol (catabolic hormone) it will have a negative impact on testosterone(anti-catabolic hormone).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me