How to Increase DHT levels for Better Sex Drive

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
What DHT level is considered low? what is considered to High? Has anyone seen benefits to increasing DHT?

Depends on the lab ranges where you get blood work done as your numbers may be low/low-normal/middle of range/high-normal or well over the top end of the range. Transdermal are the most effective for increasing ones dht especially when applied in small amounts to the scrotum. Most people only concern themselves with the negative effects of excess dht production-oily skin/acne, hair loss/excess body hair growth/prostate enlargement but dht is critical to libido as well as mood.

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)- Friend or Enemy?

Effect of DHT on Prostate and Sexual Function: Review of Studies

CoastWatcher

Depends on the lab ranges where you get blood work done as your numbers may be low/low-normal/middle of range/high-normal or well over the top end of the range. Transdermal are the most effective for increasing ones dht especially when applied in small amounts to the scrotum. Most people only concern themselves with the negative effects of excess dht production-oily skin/acne, hair loss/excess body hair growth/prostate enlargement but dht is critical to libido as well as mood.
Libido, mood...skeletal health, cognitive function...cardiovascular...it's a critically important hormone.

I'll add that if you're pulling 50% of the lab range or less and your PSA is <1 then you may consider trying to raise DHT with a transdermal cream on the scrotum, several of us are doing that.

ERO

As others have mentioned, DHT is critical for libido and for feeling well overall as a man. It definitely is not something that should be lowered or kept low unless you are experiencing hair loss or prostate issues.

lexer

Vince
do you have any prostate enlargement?
you must not convert hardly any T into dht. When my T levels were 1050, my dht was 150. Way above range.

Some guys lack 5AR activity...some guys aromatase far more than others...that right there would be a thing for me personally; little DHT, lots of E. But DHT != prostate, hair, cardiovascular, or stroke.

OMI100

Hmmmm.
Interesting question.
Just got back from seeing my TRT Doc and looking over labs.... My DHT was at 327 ng/dl and there was some concern there.
I am on TD cream 10% (about a 1/4 teaspoon per day). Not like I am slopping it all over my body. Very small area.
Looked at some of the posted articles and did not find one that addressed reeeeeeeeely high DHT.
My E2 sensitive was 19.2pg/ml (8 - 35)
My Free T was 11.2 pg/ml (6.6 - 18.1)
Suggested I start taking 2.5 mg of finisteride/day to lower the DHT.
I know ALL the finisteride horror stories if you are one the unlucky persons that is reeeeal sensitive to it and what it does to you.
So the question is what is worst... HIGH DHT or FINISTERIDE?

finasteride.. you can just go to injections to lower dht much safer then finasteride.. its like russian roulette man you don't know if you will be another victim

Re-Ride

Zooka, asking here about optimum dht levels strongly suggests that like myself and the vast majority of men on trt you have prescriber rather than a competent trt physician. If you have the resources then absolutely yes, follow the advice of C.W, ERO and others here to achieve optimal health. Although my own labs reveal almost non-existent pregnenololone and progesterone along with low dht I was warned by my endo that should I attempt to supplement these he will cut me off. "You are already taking too many androgens". If you need to ask then you are under self care like myself. If this describes your situation then it might be worth considering one of the following: (i) pin as you will your t-cyp and stop worrying about the rest or, (ii) get up to speed on all you need to know for self care. The reality is that the latter is beyond the scope of most due to time and cost.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince
do you have any prostate enlargement?
you must not convert hardly any T into dht. When my T levels were 1050, my dht was 150. Way above range.
No prostate enlargement, since I started daily Tadalafil my doctors have commented on how good my prostate feels, nice and firm, no enlargement.

Zooka15

No...my Doc , I currently have is very capable and knowledgeable. I am on EOD T injections and HCG as well. My DHT usually is in the 40's ....so I'm guessing that is a good level. My doctor suggested switching to compounded testosterone cream since I'm already doing EOD injections.

Finasteride in the strongest terms only serves to chemically neuter a male. That's it...so you have another case of treating a number absent any symptoms, no complaints...a number on page. It's a re-ride stated...this isn't a competent physician, he's a prescriber. And that's dangerous.

OMI100

Vince, My DR is very competent and open minded. But like all of us he has his views. His views are based on his experience. Finisteride, Dutasteride, Avodart, flowmax are all prescribed for BPH. I believe all work in similar ways. I am going to look at my past labs and see where I have been in the past on DHT to see if there was any spike in the past. I have lab records back to 2012 and I will see if there is any trends. When I looked at my range VS normal if appears that I am about 100% over recommended top range. I am still researching it :)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me