Strength of T-Cyp 100 ml/mg or 200 ml/mg vs amount

Buy Lab Tests Online

get'n there

Testosterone Cypionate Injection is available in Two Strengths, 100 mg/mL and 200 mg/mL.

When I go thru the posts they're confusing because it's not clear what strength guys are taking when the talk about the dosage. Most or all talk about taking 1ml. Or they will talk about taking 100ml.

So the 1 ml injection could be 1 ml of 100 mg/ml or 1 ml of 200 mg/ml. Of course if 1 guy takes 1 ml of 100 mg/ml he's taken 100 ml.

If another guy is doing 1 ml of 200 mg/ml hes doing 200 mg/ml a week.I take 1 injection of 1 ml. once a week of 200 mg/ml Strength T-Cyp aren't I taking 200 ml a week?

If guys talk about the amount they take it seems they are leaving out an important part of the info by not stating the Strength of the T-Cyp they are using.

The only other possibility I can think of is that when everyone talks about taking T-C they are taking they are always talk about the Strength 100 ml/mg or 200 ml/mg, IE per week.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My understanding most men in the USA use testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL. I get my T and HCG from Empower Pharmacy. A 10 ml bottle of 200 mg/ml (2000 total milligrams per bottle)

CoastWatcher

Testosterone Cypionate Injection is available in Two Strengths, 100 mg/mL and 200 mg/mL.

When I go thru the posts they're confusing because it's not clear what strength guys are taking when the talk about the dosage. Most or all talk about taking 1ml. Or they will talk about taking 100ml.

So the 1 ml injection could be 1 ml of 100 mg/ml or 1 ml of 200 mg/ml. Of course if 1 guy takes 1 ml of 100 mg/ml he's taken 100 ml.

If another guy is doing 1 ml of 200 mg/ml hes doing 200 mg/ml a week.I take 1 injection of 1 ml. once a week of 200 mg/ml Strength T-Cyp aren't I taking 200 ml a week?

If guys talk about the amount they take it seems they are leaving out an important part of the info by not stating the Strength of the T-Cyp they are using.

The only other possibility I can think of is that when everyone talks about taking T-C they are taking they are always talk about the Strength 100 ml/mg or 200 ml/mg, IE per week.

The dose of testosterone you take is always expressed in MILLIGRAMS.

Your doctor, for example, will prescribe 50 milligrams of testosterone every 3.5 days.

Always, always, always express your dose in milligrams. Never express it in millilitres. When you speak of millilitres you are speaking of a volume. If you tell someone you inject 50 milligrams twice weekly, it is perfectly clear what your protocol is. It doesn't matter if you draw that testosterone from a vial with 200mg/ml or 100mg/ml. One hundred milligrams of testosterone is one hundred milligrams of testosterone.

Think and speak in milligrams.

The dose of testosterone you take is always expressed in MILLIGRAMS.

Your doctor, for example, will prescribe 50 milligrams of testosterone every 3.5 days.

Always, always, always express your dose in milligrams. Never express it in millilitres. When you speak of millilitres you are speaking of a volume. If you tell someone you inject 50 milligrams twice weekly, it is perfectly clear what your protocol is. It doesn't matter if you draw that testosterone from a vial with 200mg/ml or 100mg/ml. One hundred milligrams of testosterone is one hundred milligrams of testosterone.

Think and speak in milligrams.

CW nailed it...we always correct guys when we see things expressed in a volume vs mg's

get'n there

T-Cyp strength 100 mg/ml vs 200 mg/ml.

My understanding most men in the USA use testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL. I get my T and HCG from Empower Pharmacy. A 10 ml bottle of 200 mg/ml (2000 total milligrams per bottle)

This is answer speaks most closely to the question.

If everyone that talks about taking T-Cyp once a week and they state they are doing 1 ml injections this means that everyone's using Testosterone strength of 200 mg/ml. Correct?

This said there's no use in considering that guys are using T-Cyp strength 100 mg/ml when they speak of doing 1 ml injections a week.

There's a big difference in the two strengths obviously.

The reason I ask this question is because when I do T-Cyp 200 mg/ml, a 1 ml injection once a week, and when I take my blood test usually a couple weeks later after, meaning a couple weeks after a couple injections, (taken on the 7th day after injection), my Testosterone reading is >1500. So, it appears to be compounding rather than keeping with in a range. I will have to do a test on the 7th day after and a test one day after an injection to try and get a better fix on whats going on.

I try and keep control of E2 with Anastrozole but it to goes up, to about 42. It seems they are both complicated to get in the right place.

Thanks for all responses.

Last edited:
It has no bearing on anything what some ones vial strength is. The only way to express dosing is in milligrams.

This part here (bolded) is the part that has nothing to do with anything at all:

when I do T-Cyp 200 mg/ml, a 1 ml injection once a week,

madman

Super Moderator
This is answer speaks most closely to the question.

If everyone that talks about taking T-Cyp once a week and they state they are doing 1 ml injections this means that everyone's using Testosterone strength of 200 mg/ml. Correct?

This said there's no use in considering that guys are using T-Cyp strength 100 mg/ml when they speak of doing 1 ml injections a week.

There's a big difference in the two strengths obviously.

The reason I ask this question is because when I do T-Cyp 200 mg/ml, a 1 ml injection once a week, and when I take my blood test usually a couple weeks later after, meaning a couple weeks after a couple injections, (taken on the 7th day after injection), my Testosterone reading is >1500. So, it appears to be compounding rather than keeping with in a range. I will have to do a test on the 7th day after and a test one day after an injection to try and get a better fix on whats going on.

I try and keep control of E2 with Anastrozole but it to goes up, to about 42. It seems they both complicated to get in the right place.

Thanks for all responses.

As CW stated most will tell you in their posts how many mg of testosterone they are injecting weekly (examples -150mg/week or 75mg/2 x week (injected every 3.5 days) or 50mg/3 x week(injected M/W/F) regardless of whether the strength of the testosterone is 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml as they are letting you know their weekly total. If you are injecting 1ml/week of a 200mg/ml strength than yes you are injecting 200mg once weekly and if your lab work for total t was >1500 (trough 7 days later just before your next injection) that is a high trough number well over the top of the lab range for total t so depending on how you feel overall and of course if you are not feeling well and your blood work shows that any markers such as hemoglobin/hematocrit/e2 are high than you may need to cut back on your weekly dose as 200mg can be a hefty dose for some. If you feel well and your labs are in range than you and your doctor will have to decide if you stay on that particular dose or try a lower dose. If you could provide your most recent blood work and let us know how you are feeling on 200mg once weekly members can give feedback on your protocol.

get'n there

The strength on the vial does matter: T-Cyp 200 mg/ml is twice the strength as 100 mg/ml.

If you take 1 ml injection of T-C 100 mg/ml it is 1/2 the strength of T-C 200 mg/ml. Therefore, if you take .5 ml of T-C 200 mg/ml strength you are taking 100 mg/ml a week.

It seems if a doctor orders a dose of 100 mg/ml per week this would mean .5 ml injection of T-C 200 mg/ml.

OR

1 ml injection of T-Cyp maked 100 mg/ml.

So the question remains is the common dose dr's and guys are referring to, of 1 ml of T-C, T-Cyp 100 mg/ml ;Which would be a dose of T-Cyp 100 mg/ml.

If all bottles ware T-Cyp 200 mg/ml I wouldn't be asking this question. One is twice the strength of the other.

get'n there

Okay so when I see a guy saying he's taken a dose/injection of 100 mg he's stating that he's taking 100 mg of T-Cyp regardless of the strength on the bottle. This said, he's taking 1 ml injection of T-Cyp 100 mg/ml, or .5 ml injection of T-Cyp 200 mg/ml. Correct?

get'n there

As CW stated most will tell you in their posts how many mg of testosterone they are injecting weekly (examples -150mg/week or 75mg/2 x week (injected every 3.5 days) or 50mg/3 x week(injected M/W/F) regardless of whether the strength of the testosterone is 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml as they are letting you know their weekly total. If you are injecting 1ml/week of a 200mg/ml strength than yes you are injecting 200mg once weekly and if your lab work for total t was >1500 (trough 7 days later just before your next injection) that is a high trough number well over the top of the lab range for total t so depending on how you feel overall and of course if you are not feeling well and your blood work shows that any markers such as hemoglobin/hematocrit/e2 are high than you may need to cut back on your weekly dose as 200mg can be a hefty dose for some. If you feel well and your labs are in range than you and your doctor will have to decide if you stay on that particular dose or try a lower dose. If you could provide your most recent blood work and let us know how you are feeling on 200mg once weekly members can give feedback on your protocol.

Okay so when I see a guy saying he's taken a dose/injection of 100 mg he's stating that he's taking 100 mg of T-Cyp regardless of the strength on the bottle. This said, he's taking 1 ml injection of T-Cyp 100 mg/ml, or .5 ml injection of T-Cyp 200 mg/ml and still getting 100 mg of T-Cyp. Correct?

madman

Super Moderator
Okay so when I see a guy saying he's taken a dose/injection of 100 mg he's stating that he's taking 100 mg of T-Cyp regardless of the strength on the bottle. This said, he's taking 1 ml injection of T-Cyp 100 mg/ml, or .5 ml injection of T-Cyp 200 mg/ml and still getting 100 mg of T-Cyp. Correct?

Yes but you are also right that people do not always state the volume(ml) of the injection so if they just state that they are injecting 100mg/week than they are either injecting 1ml(100mg/ml strength) or .5ml(200mg/ml). Do not worry about the strength as the weekly mg amount of testosterone is what matters not whether it was a .5ml or 1ml injection. I inject 75mg every 3.5 days of Delatestryl 200mg/ml from a 5ml vial( I live in Canada) so I am pulling .375ml from a 1ml BD U-100 insulin syringe if you are dead set on concerning yourself with the details of the injection volume/strength. Hope you finally have a better understanding.

get'n there

Yes but you are also right that people do not always state the volume(ml) of the injection so if they just state that they are injecting 100mg/week than they are either injecting 1ml(100mg/ml strength) or .5ml(200mg/ml). Do not worry about the strength as the weekly mg amount of testosterone is what matters not whether it was a .5ml or 1ml injection. I inject 75mg every 3.5 days of Delatestryl 200mg/ml from a 5ml vial( I live in Canada) so I am pulling .375ml from a 1ml BD U-100 insulin syringe if you are dead set on concerning yourself with the details of the injection volume/strength. Hope you finally have a better understanding.

This comment clears up and supports what I finally came up with after going over whats posted here. Thanks.

There's gotta be guys out there that don't quite get this. They should now.

My doctor started me out with 5 ml vials, of Test-Cyp 200 mg/ml, at 1 ml injections; which would be 200 ml of T-Cyp a week, if I'm correct. Right? It may turn out that this is taking me over the <1500 T and to 100 E2.

CoastWatcher

This comment clears up and supports what I finally came up with after going over whats posted here. Thanks.

My doctor started me out with 5 ml vials, of Test-Cyp 200 mg/ml, at 1 ml injections; which would be 200 ml of T-Cyp a week, if I'm correct. Right? It may turn out that this is taking me over the <1500 T and to 100 E2.

You are injecting 200mg of testosterone cypionate every week if the vial indicates that it contains 200mg of testosterone per ml, and you are drawing one one ml for injecting. This is why a patient must know his dose in milligrams - if he doesn't, he really knows nothing.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

I did forget to mention that knowing the strength of testosterone per ml is critical when drawing your dose as not everyone injects .5ml/1ml as it comes down to your weekly dosage and how many times you are injecting per week as one has to always be aware that they are injecting the proper weekly dosage whether once/twice/three times weekly or every other day/daily as everyone has their own personal protocol.

beachballhead

.45ml of 200mg/ml Testosterone is 90mg Testosterone

This is the first post that addresses my own confusion. I'm new to TRT and when I went home yesterday, I assumed I was starting out with 45mg Testosterone Cypionate twice a week for a total of 90mg TC a week.

I thought about it this morning and wanted clarification as I'm taking .45ml of 200mg/ml TC, meaning Im taking 90mg per dose twice a week for a total of 180mg Testosterone Cypionate per week if I am correct.

I get the posters confusion as this is all foreign aside from the reading Ive done here and a T-nation and Im still not 100%. I have asked my doctor to clarify my mg dose, so I dont confuse my ml dose with mg of medication. I am assuming I will hear back today but this was a hard thing to double check online. Its very wordy.

I do understand now from the OP post that mg and ml were being, I think accidentally exchanged. I had to bounce this off my wifes big head in order to understand.

Okay so when I see a guy saying he's taken a dose/injection of 100 mg he's stating that he's taking 100 mg of T-Cyp regardless of the strength on the bottle
This said, he's taking 1 ml injection of T-Cyp 100 mg/ml, or .5 ml injection of T-Cyp 200 mg/ml and still getting 100 mg of T-Cyp. Correct?

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
This is the first post that addresses my own confusion. I'm new to TRT and when I went home yesterday, I assumed I was starting out with 45mg Testosterone Cypionate twice a week for a total of 90mg TC a week.

I thought about it this morning and wanted clarification as I'm taking .45ml of 200mg/ml TC, meaning Im taking 90mg per dose twice a week for a total of 180mg Testosterone Cypionate per week if I am correct.

I get the posters confusion as this is all foreign aside from the reading Ive done here and a T-nation and Im still not 100%. I have asked my doctor to clarify my mg dose, so I dont confuse my ml dose with mg of medication. I am assuming I will hear back today but this was a hard thing to double check online. Its very wordy.

I do understand now from the OP post that mg and ml were being, I think accidentally exchanged. I had to bounce this off my wifes big head in order to understand.

200mg (strength)/ml (1ml of oily solution)- 200mg of esterified testosterone (testosterone including the ester) per 1ml of oil

Of course .5ml would be 100mg (esterified testosterone) as it is half of 200.

.45ml would be 90mg (esterified testosterone) so if your are injecting .45ml twice weekly (every 3.5 days) than you are taking a total of 180mg/week.

Looking into this a little deeper:

If you are using testosterone cypionate than 100mg of cypionate minus the ester would be 70mg of active testosterone.

Than 180mg/week of testosterone cypionate minus the ester would be 126mg of active testosterone.

21.jpg

ratbag

Just read your prescription it'll state clearly how much you are to take and how often and the vial will show what strength it is. Then you know waht you weekly dose is.

Eg.. the vial says 200mg/ML, and the Rx reads take .45ml twice a week.

This equates to 90mg twice a week. For a weekly total of 180mg.

Blackhawk

Maybe this will be helpful, hopefully not more confusing:

T cyp 200mg/ml. divide the dose (number of milligrams) by 2 to calculate the number of units on the syringe. Insulin syringe units are 1/100 of a ml (using I=100 insulin syringes)

200mg dose = 100 units on U-100 insulin syringe
150mg dose = 75 units
100mg dose = 50 units
90mg dose = 45 units
80mg dose = 40 units
70mg dose = 35 units
60mg dose = 30 units
50mg dose = 25 units
40mg dose = 20 units
30mg dose =15 units
20mg dose = 10 units

Examples of in between doses in the chart above,
42mg per dose = 21 units on the syringe
36mg per dose = 18 units on the syringe
12mg per dose = 6 units on the syringe.

beachballhead

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, thats what I figured. When injecting anything, I suppose its good to get those second opinions.

It was my second injection, the first was in office a week ago and was a "loading dose" of 300mg. I already read that that is more than likely not needed but, I figured at least I would see how I would react to large dose. Nothing great or bad but this 90mg dose feels great already. I havent slept well in 20 years and had a pretty good nights sleep. Im sure sleep will address a myriad of symptoms on its own.

I will now start my own threads full of noob questions I'm sure.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me