Libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jeff C

I posted this in ExcelMale facebook to a post started by a member about having a 10,000% increase in libido (many posts before mine): Sam Spade: For some men, the optimal level of testosterone may be lower for some (when using T replacement). Am I understanding that correctly? My total is 725 and my free is high also, but no sex drive in a long time. I understand T is only one part of the puzzle, but I'm thinking of reducing (I'm on Axiron) the T to see if that makes a difference. Good/bad idea?

Another member posted a link to an article by ZRT labs, http://www.zrtlab.com/blog/entry/testosterone-elixir-or-dangerous-drug

Comments? This no sex drive is really getting to me.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Where's your estridol at? If its too high it will kill libido and give you ED.

We all wish TRT was the total fix for it all but unfortunately it often is not. For me all the numbers are great and libido is awesome...but ED is the issue.....almost more frustrating as you want to but doing it is a challenge

Jeff C

Drs appointments are first week in January. Same urologist, but she only ordered PSA and total T. However, I'm seeing a new internist/family practice dr. and I've heard he's very thorough. I'll check the forum for specific tests that should be done, he may be open to ordering them. The tests that aren't done in the hospital lab are sent to Quest Diagnostic. I'm open to suggestions of tests that need to be ran.

This may be a long answer to the question from Keith. I'm 59, been on TRT for over 3 1/2 years. I started on Androgel 1% 50mg, which raised my T to the 430's. Libido was ok. When I switched insurance, the new insurance didn't cover T replacement so I tried a compound pharmacy in Milwaukee. T dropped to 255. Then I went on Axiron. First 3 pumps then four pumps (120mg) and T only went up to 343. I read about applying moisturizer, tried it and T jumped to low 800's on 120mg. Per my Dr, I reduced to 90mg and now I'm low 700's (still applying moisturizer). This is my second day of 60mg with moisturizer, I want to see if lower is better.

Because of the big jump from 300's to 800, I don't know if I missed the optimum level.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If you have dopamine and/or serotonin issues, no amount of testosterone will increase libido.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0149763494000202

The dopamine naturally produced by your brain makes you feel good. You get a rush of dopamine in response to pleasurable activities like food or sex. On the other hand, without enough dopamine, you may feel sluggish, depressed and uninterested in life. Here are some different methods to boost your dopamine levels if you're feeling a little low.

Eating healthy, low caffeine, sleeping well, exercising 60 min per day, and supplements like Vitamin B6 supplements and L-Phenylalanine (Phe) can elevate dopamine in the brain. You can grab either of these at your local drugstore. Similarly, Phenylethylamine (PEA), an ingredient found in chocolate, elevates dopamine. PEA also provides weight loss-related therapeutic benefits. You can order this online.

ADHD drugs can also elevate dopamine.

Jeff C

Everyone, thank you for your replies. I see the doctors this week and I'll post my labs. I also have a post in the "Blood work" thread.

paco

If you have dopamine and/or serotonin issues, no amount of testosterone will increase libido.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0149763494000202

The dopamine naturally produced by your brain makes you feel good. You get a rush of dopamine in response to pleasurable activities like food or sex. On the other hand, without enough dopamine, you may feel sluggish, depressed and uninterested in life. Here are some different methods to boost your dopamine levels if you're feeling a little low.

Eating healthy, low caffeine, sleeping well, exercising 60 min per day, and supplements like Vitamin B6 supplements and L-Phenylalanine (Phe) can elevate dopamine in the brain. You can grab either of these at your local drugstore. Similarly, Phenylethylamine (PEA), an ingredient found in chocolate, elevates dopamine. PEA also provides weight loss-related therapeutic benefits. You can order this online.

ADHD drugs can also elevate dopamine.

Nelson, I have heard it said that testosterone can increase dopamine. Is that true? Also, do any of the supplements you mentioned or ADHD drugs potentially result in dependence or future neurotransmitter imbalances?

Many times, I've heard that dopamine can be the missing link for libido and mood, but I'm still not at all clear on healthy, viable ways to boost it.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Dopamine is critical to libido.

In hypogonadal men, especially those who have had the condition for a long period of time, Testosterone will increase libido. It's why we hear sp many men say when they first start HRT libido seems to go "crazy"...the fact is, it is going crazy.

But why...

This is due to a "dopamine rush" caused by the increase in Testosterone serum levels increasing natural dopamine production hence activating receptors that have been dormant for a long period of time in the brain and thus the increase in libido and a better sense of overall well being.

Over time this dopamine rush subsides and the man will feel good with a normal healthy libido.

BTW, I take .25 mg of Cabergoline twice weekly to enhance libido with great results. Caber is a dopamine agonist and increases dopamine levels and I swear that it really works for me as my libido can be down right strong and pretty consistent as well!

Last edited:
I would love to find a good way to boost dopamine as well. L-Phen and Tyrosine both made me very jittery, probably because they are precursors to not only dopamine but also noradrenaline and adrenaline.

As a reminder to the OP- if your doctor doesn't or wont order the labs you want, you can save up some money and get everything you need from online sources. Life Extension Foundation and Privatemdlabs come to mind. Place your order, go to a Labcorp location and have the blood drawn and sit back and wait for your results! I know it would be nice to have insurance foot the bill but sometimes it is worth taking matters into your own hands. Good luck

Edit - Just saw Gene's post about Caber. Will look into that. Thanks

Jeff C

Thank you for the added information. I see the new primary doc today and if he balks at running complete labs, I'll try the online labs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me