E2 sensitive vs standard test results

Buy Lab Tests Online

ta406

With my last blood work I finally broke down as spent the extra dollars to get a sensitive E2 test done. My standard E2 numbers were 51. Sensitive was 37. I felt pretty good at that number. Maybe a dumb question but I'm just trying to avoid paying for a sensitive test every time I get my blood work done thru my doc. Since he wont authorize it, it comes out of my own pocket. Can one "assume" that if my standard E2 test numbers stay around 51 that my real number is around 37? Or is the standard test so inaccurate that I'm just better off paying for the sensitive test when the time comes?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

With my last blood work I finally broke down as spent the extra dollars to get a sensitive E2 test done. My standard E2 numbers were 51. Sensitive was 37. I felt pretty good at that number. Maybe a dumb question but I'm just trying to avoid paying for a sensitive test every time I get my blood work done thru my doc. Since he wont authorize it, it comes out of my own pocket. Can one "assume" that if my standard E2 test numbers stay around 51 that my real number is around 37? Or is the standard test so inaccurate that I'm just better off paying for the sensitive test when the time comes?

Thanks
Pay for the sensitive test until you find a new doctor. He won't "authorize" it??? Seriously, that's an act of medical arrogance that shouldn't be tolerated.

True story: standard estradiol test: 69, sensitive test: 55. Repeat the little exercise six weeks later, standard test: 71, sensitive test: 33. These were not drawn at the same time, I live in Canada and travel to the States for all my androgen blood work, this was done in early TRT days when I was curious as to how the tests differed. The standard test is simply unreliable.

Spend the money until you get a doctor who will respect you and treat you as a partner in this process and not a child. Good luck.

codus2112

I just had this same scenario, ECLIA test was 45, I payed (discounted labs) to get the sensitive and got the results yesterday, it was 26 and I feel good. If I had gone ahead with the 1mg/wk of AI that was prescribed I can only imagine.. Also, I had blood drawn on Monday, results Friday, so fast turnaround.

ta406

I just had this same scenario, ECLIA test was 45, I payed (discounted labs) to get the sensitive and got the results yesterday, it was 26 and I feel good. If I had gone ahead with the 1mg/wk of AI that was prescribed I can only imagine.. Also, I had blood drawn on Monday, results Friday, so fast turnaround.

I used discount labs as well. I had an issue with not getting my lab results in the time quoted but discount labs customer service was awesome and took care of the issue. I will definitely use them again

ta406

Pay for the sensitive test until you find a new doctor. He won't "authorize" it??? Seriously, that's an act of medical arrogance that shouldn't be tolerated.

True story: standard estradiol test: 69, sensitive test: 55. Repeat the little exercise six weeks later, standard test: 71, sensitive test: 33. These were not drawn at the same time, I live in Canada and travel to the States for all my androgen blood work, this was done in early TRT days when I was curious as to how the tests differed. The standard test is simply unreliable.

Spend the money until you get a doctor who will respect you and treat you as a partner in this process and not a child. Good luck.

This is really the first "issue" I've had with him. I have labs again in November so now that I have both the standard and sensitive test results in hand, I think he'll agree it would be worth using the sensitive test.

I can usually pull a higher sensitive test than the standard on the same blood draw. Standard just can't be used or otherwise extrapolated for use in men.

hva

If you get the standard Estradiol test done through either Labcorp or Quest they will put a disclaimer under the result informing you and the doctor that this test is not accurate for men. That should be enough info for the doctor to "authorize" the test.

Example:

Reference range established on post-pubertal patient
population. No pre-pubertal reference range
established using this assay. For any patients for
whom low Estradiol levels are anticipated (e.g. males,
pre-pubertal children and hypogonadal/post-menopausal
females), the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LCMSMS assay is recommended
(order code 30289).

ta406

If you get the standard Estradiol test done through either Labcorp or Quest they will put a disclaimer under the result informing you and the doctor that this test is not accurate for men. That should be enough info for the doctor to "authorize" the test.

Example:

Reference range established on post-pubertal patient
population. No pre-pubertal reference range
established using this assay. For any patients for
whom low Estradiol levels are anticipated (e.g. males,
pre-pubertal children and hypogonadal/post-menopausal
females), the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive, LCMSMS assay is recommended
(order code 30289).

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you

codus2112

E2test.jpg

Just fyi the LabCorp results i got said nothing on the paperwork, only on the website under the descriptions for the different Estradiol tests.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me