Can Marijuana Increase Estradiol and Contribute to Man Boobs (Gynecomastia)?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Animal studies have shown that exposure to the active ingredient in marijuana can result in a decrease in testosterone levels, a reduction of testicular size, and abnormalities in the form and function of sperm.

Joint-Marijuana-Leaf.jpg

In humans, the effects of marijuana on testosterone and estrogen levels aren't as clear. Lower testosterone levels have been reported in chronic marijuana users compared to nonusers, but not all studies support this.

Few studies have examined a direct causative effect between smoking marijuana and gynecomastia. A report in 1972 made the initial connection between cannabis and gynecomastia. This study is contrasted with a 1977 survey of U.S. Army soldiers which showed no association between smoking marijuana and gynecomastia. This study was limited, however, due to its very small sample size.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/05/health/youn-pot-moobs/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Got to take in consideration that pot in the 1970s was considerably weaker in THC than today's weed. Today it is over 20 times stronger for the weakest strains. I'd say daily smoking, especially if the weed is good-and I'd guess you're smoking good weed- is not the best idea if your T is naturally on the low side.

Put down the bong and pick up some weights...

so is it the THC or CBD chronic use that can lower testosterone? I take CBD daily for the anti-inflammatory properties and it works very well.

It shouldn't. The THC in CBD is negligible, usually around 1-2 percent would be considered high. I believe it it the THC that causes the problems, not the CBD which is derived from hemp, the non psychoactive part of the plant. In many cultures people have eaten hemp, and most CBD oil comes from that. You also should be able to test negative for THC with CBD use.

Saul

I am suspect of any older cannabis studies without knowing the funding and background of the study. The U.S. government has lied about cannabis for decades. I would certainly not rely on any studies from the 1970's. Fortunately more research is occurring which will provide accurate information.
Cannabinoids are easier on the brain than booze, study finds
"The study found that alcohol use was significantly associated with a decrease in gray matter size and white matter integrity, particularly for adults who may have decades of exposure. Marijuana and associated cannabinoid products, on the other hand, were not shown to have any long-term impact on the amount of gray matter in the brain or on the integrity of the white matter."
As for testosterone, I believe that cannabis inhibits natural production but have not read any studies on cannabis and TRT, where the body is not making T, and thus natural production is already shut down.
While it is true that cannabis has become stronger, most people are also using less at a time, similar to how people may have 12 oz in beer in a sitting, but that does not equate to them also consuming 12 oz of vodka in a sitting.

Vitamin_C

Marijuana is magical for my libido, that's for sure. Everything I read says the opposite but I've tested it again and again.

THC has always hyper-drives my libido and I become ultra sexual on it, and sex is also fantastic. I've ran into others who it does the same, its an absolute stellar aphrodisiac for myself. I don't do it often but when I used it daily (in my late teens) and even now as an adult who only partakes a couple times a year it still gives me incredibly heightened libido.

DragonBits

Got to take in consideration that pot in the 1970s was considerably weaker in THC than today's weed. Today it is over 20 times stronger for the weakest strains. I'd say daily smoking, especially if the weed is good-and I'd guess you're smoking good weed- is not the best idea if your T is naturally on the low side.

Put down the bong and pick up some weights...

(I use a 20 lb weighted bong. :) )

It's actually more like 6-7 times stronger.

I suppose the reduction in natural testosterone production is a moot point for us on TRT, as we 100% suppress natural production. I assume the injections / creams people use are not affected at all by marijuana use.

A friend of mine uses it every day for his crohn's, though he would use if even if he didn't have crohn's.

I suppose I could get a medical marijuana card for glaucoma, I just didn't want to spend the money and make the extra effort to get it. Sooner or later recreational use will become legal in all states. (Maybe the next liberal president / government will make it federally legal. It's odd to be legal in states but federally illegal)

I like marijuana, but it's kind of similar to liking a few beers now and then.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Evaluation of the impact of marijuana use on semen quality: a prospective analysis​

Abstract
Aims:
To assess if marijuana consumption – prevalent among men of reproductive age and becoming widespread due to decriminalization – is associated with changes in semen parameters. Marijuana’s active metabolite, tetrahydrocannabinol, can alter signaling pathways within spermatozoa, affecting spermatogenesis and fertility.

Methods:
We prospectively evaluated semen analyses (SA) from men presenting for infertility evaluation at one institution from July 2017 to April 2018. Participants completed a reproductive health questionnaire including items regarding marijuana consumption. SA was performed in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO) 5th Edition criteria. SA parameters included volume (ml), concentration (million/ml), motility (%), progressive motility (%), and Tygerberg strict morphology (%).

Results:
A total of 409 patients completed the questionnaire; 174 (43%) men reported marijuana use (ever-users). Current and past users comprised 71 (17%) and 103 (25%), respectively. Compared with never-users, current and past users had a significantly higher likelihood of abnormal sperm strict morphology (33.1% versus 50.7% and 53.4%, respectively; p < 0.001). However, sperm motility was more likely to be less than WHO reference values in never-users than current and past-users (38.3% versus 21.1% and 27.2%, respectively; p = 0.01). In multivariate logistic regression analyses, current use was associated with increased odds of abnormal strict morphology [odds ratio (OR) 2.15, 95% confidence interval (CI): 1.21–3.79] and semen volume less than WHO reference value (OR 2.76, 95%CI: 1.19–6.42), while odds of less than WHO reference value sperm motility were reduced (OR 0.47, 95%CI: 0.25–0.91).

Conclusion:
Marijuana use is common among men presenting for fertility evaluation, and may have a detrimental effect on semen quality, particularly morphology and volume, but may be protective against abnormal sperm motility. Large, prospective studies of both semen quality and fertility in this growing, at-risk population are warranted.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me